True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  4:44:10 PM  Show Profile
Short answer: H*ll, no.

Hubby's short answer: Only if she has big hooties.

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  5:09:47 PM  Show Profile
Short answer for me too.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  5:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
ha-ha-ha... thats funny! I am celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary this weekend. I have been so blessed. I suppose if I ever faced having to make that decision, I would probably say NO. I am pretty indepedent, and I dont mind being alone... but then again... I have a house full of guys right now ( hubby and 4 boys and 2 male dogs) that should be enough for any girl for a life time :)....

Rene'Groom
the artist formerly known as Prince. I mean PROSSERFARMGIRL (that will only be funny to some).
Sister #185

www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  5:26:14 PM  Show Profile
I did. I was married for 24 years, then divorced. I was not a good single person, I missed being a wife, caring for a home. Dating was just tragic after all those years. I prayed often telling the Lord of my loneliness and one day He sent me a wonderful fella, better than I could have ever hoped for! We've been married for 9 years.

Caron

"Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation".
Farmgirl #254

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9409 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9409 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  5:47:24 PM  Show Profile
If something were to happen to my dh of 27 yrs now, I think I might think about it and would want him to also. I wouldn't want him to go through the rest of life alone if he would be unhappy. I don't want to find out though, we are happy to grow old together and like my parents hopefully be celebrating our 60 something anniversaries. I think they are coming up on their 63rd.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  5:56:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm on my second now and no matter what there won't be a third!!!! I love my husband but I sure wish we could afford to each have a small house next to (okay an acre over from) each other. I guess it's been a long week..
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  6:08:02 PM  Show Profile
I wish we could have more than one at a time! I always said I needed more. Not for any certain reason but that I need more hands around here. Or maybe I just need more hands. But why can't we have more than one? Certain religions let the guy have more than one wife. I'm just sayin'.

But really, my hubby and I will be married 31 years Oct. 28. I hope we have at least that many more plus some. But if not I want one 10 years younger next time around! I love being married. I would not like it any other way. And I hope the same for my hubby, too. I would not want him to be alone. Poor guy needs someone to feed him.

Jinia, the couple that we bought our house from had the same idea! They were married 51 years. Never had kids. He built a little 500 sq. ft. house just for him to get away from her! Really! I have heard stories about those two. My DD and her hubby are living in it right now. But one day it will be one of ours.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Niamh
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Idaho
140 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  6:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Niamh a Yahoo! Message
No. No. And no again. I'm only married now because of who the guy is. He's wonderful, but if something happened, I wouldn't marry again. I'm good single.

My farming blog: www.localfoodblog.blogspot.com

My living blog:
www.unprocessedfamily.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  6:24:33 PM  Show Profile
NO! I am married to my "soul mate", no one could ever take his place. I would be fine by myself. We have been married 25 years. All I can say is, I hope I go first!

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  6:34:29 PM  Show Profile
A really Loud H*ll No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can You Hear Me In California! I wouldn't trade my DH of 36 yrs. for anything and hope we have many more together. Don't know how I would ever get over not having him in my life. I have cared for his parents when they were sick for many years. Took care of my husband for a year when he could not even stand up. Then two more years trying to get him back on his feet. More surgeries, accident & surgery,on and on and still going on. Kids in accidents with surgeries & bedridden months. I am at the point where if one more person gets sick or in another accident due to foolishness they can go to the rehab center to recover. Fifteen years of being a nursemaid to them all is enough. I have no problem being by myself. I love being by myself. Always have. I like peace and quiet. If a woman marries again then you have another personality to adjust to and extended family to deal with. That in itself is enough to back away. You have to have meals cooked,get dressed when you don't feel like it,chit chat when you'd rather not talk at all,do this do that. No thanks. My husband is so easy to get along with he could care less if I cook or we have a bowl of cereal. If I want to stay in bed till 9 he thinks that's great. I don't but he has no problem with whatever I want to do. I am a very busy,organized,and always put everyone else first so it hasn't made me lazy. Just glad theres no pressure. My DMIL told me one time that when an older woman (over 50) gets remarried she is just asking for a patient! Someone to look after and take care of when they get sick. I know I must sound awful but the thought of having to deal with someone new in my life nauseates me. Creeps me out. And almost always the new extended family, especially the kids, will hate your guts. I have seen this first hand more times than not. No a gazillion times! No.

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  6:46:56 PM  Show Profile
It would depend on the man. The past four or five guys I have dated, only one came close to consideration.
I would love to be married again, but I also value my independence.
He would have to be pretty patient and have a great sense of humor.
Oh and have his own money. I didn't struggle all of this time to give half of it away if he changes his mind and walks.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  7:28:57 PM  Show Profile
My first only lasted 2 years and then I was married for 15 years. I have been married to Mr. Wonderful for 12 years and plan to stay that way. We were in our mid-40s when we married and I can't imagine life without him. We met almost 30 years ago and I walked away 'cause we both had too many problems back then. But now, I just want to be with DH and nobody will ever take his place.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  7:30:11 PM  Show Profile
NEVER, NOT EVER

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  8:48:36 PM  Show Profile
Never been married, but don't you think men are more likely to get remarried than are women? A guy once asked me to marry him but he wanted to keep it a secret (since he was Catholic and hadn't gotten an annulment when his third marriage fell apart). Another divorced guy that I dated ONCE was talking about getting married(to me)after I'd known him for forty minutes. why are some men so desperate to be married? I'd only get married if the guy had a job that required a lot of his time--like being an artist or a writer or some occupation that required a lot of commitment, so he wouldn't depend on me to make his life worthwhile. Maybe some people need to be married, but i guess I'm not one of them. I like the idea of separate houses and separate incomes. If I ever do get married, I'd like to marry a guy like Johnny Cash.

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  11:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't think I would ever get remarried if Doug died or we had a huge split. Doug and I work well together, even though we can have some spectacular tiffs! LOL I was actually thinking about that today. I would miss Doug so much and I don't know if I would have it in me to go through all that dating and courting again! LOL

On the other hand I think it is great when people are able to find a second chance at love for whatever reason has left them single. I guess if the right guy fell in my lap (assuming the worst and that Doug had died) I would probably give it a chance, but I probably wouldn't activly persue anything. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  03:27:18 AM  Show Profile
I'm on marriage #2 also. First one only lasted a year and a half.
He tried to kill me. Would hardly call it a marriage

Have been hapily hitched now for nearly 9 years

If DH were to pass, it would be really tough. Small house but lots of land we tend together. The lonliness would be crushing.

Anyone else would have such a high standard to live by it'd be tough though.

I'd probably just get another dog or two and master my rifle skills

Educated men who don't treat women as second class citizens are rare around here.

But I'd never move back to the city either. I actually have nightmares about this

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  03:54:11 AM  Show Profile
Umm...NO! NEVER AGAIN!

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  04:37:52 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
If I could figgure out how to get a divorce (seperated over 2 years, but the legal situation is a mess) I would concider it, but he would have to be something amazing. My first marriage was a 10 year nightmare and there is no way I'm doing that again.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  06:03:57 AM  Show Profile
nope.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
http://maknfaces.blogspot.com
~Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers~
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  06:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
hahahahahahahahahahah......yeah right. Or as I usually say, "Not a snowball's chance in Hell."
Now, don't get me wrong, I have a great husband that I have been with for 35 years, but do it again? See above.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  06:43:03 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely!! I'm a one man woman and have been for 32 years and I love him with all my heart. But if God forbid something were to happen to him I'd ask God for another to love. I've been blessed with my marriage and I guess I have to much love in me to think I'd never get to share that again. I'm a hopeless romantic! But maybe I'd try a tad bit harder to find one who knows where the kitchen is and how to look in the frig when he's hungry!! LOL

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  08:17:12 AM  Show Profile
I would marry my husband over and over and over again! I love him!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  08:24:05 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Being from 'back in the day' I would have some hesitation in saying no (as women were made to be married) but that is what I would say. I have done it twice and have been single since the mid 80's even though I have been with two other significant ones. I am very independent and see no reason to have a man in my life. It would be nice to have a companion who had his own place but even that would probably be too much. :D

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  08:26:52 AM  Show Profile
I am remarried. But I don't think I would do it again if something ever happened to Jus. Probably couldn't but I also think, after a time, a gal likes her space and things the way they are. Like my mom. Daddy's been gone 17 years and she's never even dated. Just doesn't want to...she always says, "I wouldn't mind going out to eat with somebody or whatever...but then they want to come back to your house."

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  08:29:49 AM  Show Profile
I love my husband SO MUCH! If something happened to him it would be long time after that before I would consider. If anything happened to me I would like him to get married again.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  08:30:43 AM  Show Profile
I don't think I would remarry either. I married fairly later in life and it will be 10 wonderful years next month. I can't even imagine being married to anyone who suits me better or who is better to me than my dear hubby.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Would you ever remarry? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page