Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Is this a crazy birthday request?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Is this a crazy birthday request? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  2:57:37 PM  Show Profile
Gosh, whether you like exercise or not try asking for a gift certificate to the bookstore or fabric or farmstore of your choice. Part of the fun of that kind of gift is the choosing. Books are great and expensive. But they make great gifts. Good luck and happy birthday.

Bonnie Ellis

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  9:41:29 PM  Show Profile
I have this same problem. When I tell my DH that I want something for the kitchen for my birthday he tells me that either I should just go out and get one right now if I need it that bad or that it doesn't count as a gift for me because it's for the house. Well the house needs a birthday then because I'm tired of using that old busted mop! There are some things that I will go out and buy when I need them, but others, like you said - things that are *extra*, nice but not neccessary to make your job easier I ask for at Christmas or Birthdays. I don't tell anyone else what to ask for on their special days, so they should back off on my day! I also have seen the money thing with my daughter. I have a 3 year old and when people ask me what to get her for her birthday I'll tell them a coloring book or new crayons or something. They look at me like I'm nuts. That's only $3.00, that's not a present! Um, yes, it is. She loves to color and what do I or she care how much you spent on it, if it makes her happy it's a good present! If I ask for a new pair of bamboo knitting needles, I don't care if you pay $1.00 for them at a thrift store - in fact, I'd prefer you save the money and get them at the thrift store - if I want the needles, I'll be really happy with the needles!

Melissa

Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  12:40:53 PM  Show Profile
Great ideas! You could always hand them a seed catalog with certain seeds circled. I managed to great seeds from my sister this year for my birthday. Practical is wonderful.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  2:08:47 PM  Show Profile
When my DH and I got engaged I asked for an engagement saddle instead of and engagement ring. Had my eye on this fantastic Bob Marshall barrel saddle and I knew I'd get much more use out of it than I would the ring.

I think we farmgirls are just so easily satisfied no one believes us. LOL!!!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Is this a crazy birthday request? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page