Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Card Shower for LINDA- Please Help
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Card Shower for LINDA- Please Help Next Topic
Page: of 4

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  03:21:17 AM  Show Profile
I will go the first opportunity I get---but I am so afraid no one will be there....then I will leave a note of support and then again my phone number. I just feel that Linda is is the hospital and DH is not wanting any support at this time for himself or Linda....a private person not knowing how to accept a stranger's kindness.This is what I really feel....why else didn't I get a call?
I am sure he would have got my phone number---I am sure. For whatever reason I have not heard from Linda or her DH.
But the good news is there are plenty of churches in this small small area where she lives....first things first.
Beverly
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  04:52:36 AM  Show Profile
I am praying for you Beverly I hope you can find something out. This is so sad.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  06:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Beverly my guess is that DH may just be trying to deal with what he HAS to. Sometimes it's VERY HARD to ask for help or respond. When I've been in similar situations . . well, I KNOW how you feel. But I've tried to step out and just let the individual(s) know I'm there and I care.
Your heart is your guide . . . you will be appreciated!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  08:45:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh for heavens sake ladies, this is frustrating. I am sure you all have wonderful husbands but as one who has no DH currently and never plan to again I want to redirect you to her post. This man told her to shut up when she was in the middle of a panic attack. There COULD be no D in this H. Has it occurred to you all that maybe the reason she is having headaches is becasue she has been abused? Maybe that is the reason nobody returns calls. If I were in an MRI I probably would have a panic attack and in the following time if a "loved" one of mine told me to shut up he might be headed for an early grave. She has nobody to help with food or to help her period and she seems to be in a great deal of health threat. I can think of a lot of letters to put in front of H but D is not one of them.

I say if there is nobody home go to the neighbors and inquire. Let the neighbors mention it to the H. If we hear nothing after a bit then maybe call the police and say we were getting email from a woman and she seemed in great distress could you just do a well check on her? I did this for my Aunt sometime back. she was in another part of Texas and my mom called her one night she could not put the right words together. While they were on the phone I googled the number for the police in that town and asked them to do a well check and they did. They took her to the hospital where it was found that she had a stroke.

I know this is hard to do but it seems you all are assuming a much brighter picture than I read in her post.
LaVonna

Ok, now you all can beat me up for this but I had to say it.

www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com

http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  09:01:22 AM  Show Profile
And, on second thought, Linda, if you are reading this post and I was wrong I am sorry. As a massage therapist who sees women without clothes on I never fail to ask about bruises. Just to let them know that it was noticed. Once a woman who was the wife of a very high ranking person in one of the biggest churches in Dallas came in so bruised I could not work on her. I did her head and feet because they were all that were not bruised. She came in without saying a word and when I folded the towel back I saw the black, pink, and purple bruises where she had hit the desk when he threw her. I did not keep my mouth shut then. I just said "you know you are too special and to smart to let someone do this to you." When we finished she left without saying anything but she did go to a friend and they took pictures.

I believe in her case it saved her life. The really sad thing was she told me years later about going into a closet with a gun planning to do you know what. She saw no way out. The few folks who knew what she was going through looked the other way. It makes it seem like it is the accepted thing to do. What I said changed her thinking and she started talking to friends who did not know what was happening and they helped her get out.

So, if I have misjudged your husband, Linda, I am sorry because maybe he is all that the other farm girls think and maybe I am just wrong. But this raised my intution in another direction. Most of all I want to make sure you are ok.

I still want to smack him for telling you to shut up.

Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  09:14:59 AM  Show Profile
LaVonna,
I for one would never want to beat you up. I have been troubled by this situation for more than a week and I want it resolved. I am (like you), not one to run from a problem and I do think a police visit is indicated if we are unable to reach her in person. I can only relieve through these messages ten years ago when my mother had a stroke, fell to the floor and laid there for three days. I was calling from another state a dozen times a day unable to get an answer and phoning my sister (who lived 20 minutes away), begging her to check on mom, but she was too busy "I have a life too yaknow". My sister stopped taking my calls so I never knew if she had been there or not. Finally, I phoned my uncle, who went over after the third day only to find that a neighbor finally heard my mom moaning and called the ambulance. I later found that her landlord had come into the apartment while she laid on the floor, wrote himself a check and forced my mom to sign it, then steped over her,intending for my mother to die. She did survive for another three month with what turned out to be brain cancer but was so tramatized that she never spoke or knew us again. I tried to press charges against the landlord (finding five other checks my mother had signed), but with mom dead, there was insufficent evidence. I tell you all this just to bring to attention that true concern is never an imposition if the intention is pure. I wish someone had checked on my mom. By the way, my mothers funeral was the last time I ever to spoke to my sister. This brings up so much pain to me that I have to know that Linda has someone around her to help her.
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  09:34:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey Windsong, I am just calling him DH out of respect for a stranger....I am clueless as you all are.

Beverly Gill

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  09:41:37 AM  Show Profile
LaVonna:
Like you, I hate to judge the DH. Like you, I'd like to leave out the D in the DH. A husband who tells a wife to "shut up" when they are in a panic attack, well... there is no DEAR in that. Being several states away as you and I are, would we be there to help Linda or try to help her? I bet we would. However, Beverly is dealing with it her way. I'm sure she has thought this through.
I admire you for backing up any woman who has been abused. Every time I read Linda's post, and read that she is "alone', it tears me up. I am besides myself with this. I continue to pray. My prayers are becoming louder and louder.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  09:44:16 AM  Show Profile
Up date from my end. We still don't KNOW that Linda or her husband got the message to call anyone. Linda has not even returned my email from Monday. I have called the police department and their rule is to only make contact in a life or death situation for family only. She was nice enough to take my name and phone number AND took Linda's home address. Why do that if you aren't going to do anything with it. SO IF EVERYONE could pray that the information will be used in God's way. She also gave me the numbers of the closes churches close to Linda's house. She was very sweet and helpful within the rules of her job. Since the church offices were then closed for the weekend I could only leave messages on the machines for them to get Monday morning. I will follow up on the messages myself also. With some online searches I was able to get the name of her daughter she mentions in her post and sent her a message through classmates.com where she is listed. I also found her husbands name so have escalated the search on trying to find a home phone number.
Well as I type one Pastor just called and will be going over first thing in the morning. IF they are not home he will leave a card and go back till he gets someone. He will contact me in the morning because he has services to attend to today.
I really want to thank Marly for helping me with calls and on line searches. I just love the hearts of concern from the women here. Also thanks so much again Lori I know your working over time getting her address out there.

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  09:45:14 AM  Show Profile
I just need an available car-----sorry gals....but thats the facts...I don't have my own....ttyl.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  09:53:52 AM  Show Profile
Connie:
"Troubled with the situation" is a good way to describe this. I am beyond troubled now! I am screaming inside. I am ready to hop on a plane. My neighbor says the husband may not know how to deal with this or he, too, is upset. WHAT, WHAT!!!!!!!!! The woman has a brain tumor. I'm not, or I will try not, to mention the H anymore. To me, this is about Linda. She is alone. She is scared. She is sick. She is a sister farmgirl.
I am sorry about your mother, Connie. The pain here is real to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  11:06:17 AM  Show Profile
Linda:
Just want you to know that my Prayer Group has prayed for you this morning. They will keep you in their prayers until you are feeling good again. I will continue to pray for you daily.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  12:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I am back to prayers and waiting and that is not my best attribute. But I just don't know whatelse to do.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  1:03:48 PM  Show Profile
LaVonna:
Waiting, for me, is like pulling teeth, I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking this is the devil trying to stop us. I know my God is much more powerful. I pray that Linda is in His hands. I pray that Linda is not alone. Can you imagine going through this and being alone. I keep going back to her post. Her words; alone, scared, nobody, ... Those words just tear at me. I do know that prayer is a powerful thing. I believe that my God is an awesome God. I keep saying to my self NOT to re-read Linda's initial post. I cannot do that. I am livid at myself because I cannot do anything. Melody June, thanks for the kind words. I give my God all the glory. I am so proud of all of the Mary Jane Farmgirls who continue to ask and pray for Linda. How awesome. Melody June thanks for all of your hard work on your end. Let me know if there is anything, anything I can do.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  2:59:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Beverly, please know that I am not picking on you. I do so appreciate all you are offering to do. I am going to be out fo town this next week. I will be at meetings in Las Vegas but I have an iPhone and I will be watching the posts on it and I will be praying. I may not post much but know that I am on the team. Probably would not hurt to keep my mouth shut for awhile anyway.

I like being part of this farmgirl prayer army.

Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  4:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Still praying and feeling very helpless over here in Kentucky. I wish there was something I could do.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  5:04:18 PM  Show Profile
Well gals, I am so sorry....I just got back from being driven by my daughter in the middle of nowhere for 2 hours with mapquest----could not find it. If any of you are familiar with mapquest the directions leave a lot to be desired. We gave it our very best shot----but God is in control here. When Melody June gets better directions she will give them to me. Its beautiful country out that way...but nowhere to ask for directions on a Sunday evening. I commend my daughter for trying so hard...we quit when it started getting dark.

Beverly

ttyl
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  5:10:46 PM  Show Profile
Beverly,
There is a reason for everything. It is in God's plan that you did not find her this evening. He has a plan for Linda's care and we have to accept that and keep praying to him.
Linda, you are in my prayers. May Gos watch over you and blanket you with Love, Peace and Understanding

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Instead of telling God how big your problem is....tell your problem how big God is.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  5:47:12 PM  Show Profile
sometimes when you call around to the local hospitals and ask to be connected to the room of the person the operator at the hospital can forward your call through to the patients room. just state that you need connected to the room of patient Linda _____.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  6:45:33 PM  Show Profile
Beverly:
Thanks for what you and your daughter have done. How kind of both of you. Like Angela said, "He (God) has a plan for Linda's care..."
Hopefully, we will all know what that is soon. I will continue praying for Linda.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  09:19:50 AM  Show Profile
Just waiting to hear back from Melody June----she's going to try and get some chaplains involved.......and thanks to Windsong I have different directions......from Boston....hope we can use them from our angle.....we are in Marlboro, Massachusetts....keep praying gal friends for both our Lindas.

Beverly Gill
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Card Shower for LINDA- Please Help Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page