Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 How long have you been married?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic How long have you been married? Next Topic
Page: of 3

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  01:48:51 AM  Show Profile
Aw, Marcy, how cool that we share the same day! Happy anniversary!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  08:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'm glad to see that so many people have been married a long time. I'm sure you all just glow with happyness. :) I know a lot of people who have been divorced and have never found true love. You all are truly blessed!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  5:23:17 PM  Show Profile
We have been married 33 years as of October 9th. I have to say it has not always been happy, but, my husband and I have had a renewal in our relationship and I know with the Lord's help, we will last at least 33 more! People change over the years and we have to remember to include eachother in every area of our lives.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  5:40:15 PM  Show Profile
....8 years, second marriage

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766
(29 Sept 2009)
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  05:02:18 AM  Show Profile
My hubby and I are in our 33rd year. I was from Oregon, and he from Missouri. We met in Michigan in Bible College. I attribute all of our years together as keeping God in our marriage. We had our almost split up times. But like other things, we mellowed with age, and I am so thankful to have my best friend with me every day. Having been blessed with two beautiful daughters, and now two beautiful granddaughters. Life just doesnt get any better than that. So happy for the simple things.
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...
Go to Top of Page

UnSophisticatedFarmGirl
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Jeannie
Elgin Oklahoma
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  5:45:38 PM  Show Profile
Hubby and I have been married for almost 13 years... We had been together since we were kids in highschool so it almost feels like 16 years..lol

Swing By & Say Hi: www.theunsophisticatedfarmgirl.com/

If You Dont Like My Cooking Lower Your Standards!

Grass Fed Eggs Are Best
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  6:14:39 PM  Show Profile
Embarrassing to say, my first marriage lasted 13 years, the second 2 years, and the third barely 3. Needless to say, I've made some troubling choices in my life. That's probably why I'm single and have been for 13 years. It certainly is less stressful. I would love to have a companion, but haven't found the right one yet. I do want to say that I admire those with long marriages.

Betty in Pasco

Edited by - Betty J. on Nov 25 2009 6:15:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  6:50:58 PM  Show Profile
We have been married 31 years but have been together 33. Every single member of both our families said it wouldn't last more than a couple of years. We have had alot of sadness, we lost our first child when he was 9 1/2 then we had three stillbirths. We have three beautiful grown daughters now. We have lived in several countries and moved around alot. Guess all those family members were wrong.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  8:09:11 PM  Show Profile
Seven years married, six years going together before the wedding... Still feel like "the first time" my husaband is the nicest man in the whole world, I cannot believe how considerate he is of me, he is the literal dictionary definition of "husband" I wouldn't trade him for the world.

He is my 2nd husband, the first was the exact opposite. The only problem I have is that he is always DEMANDING apple pies!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlermom
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Melissa
Logan AL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  10:45:38 AM  Show Profile
I've been married to my wonderful husband for 16 years. We were married Sept 4, 1993. We've had our share of troubles, but we know that we are meant for each other no matter what! We have two great children- 15 year old daughter and 11 year old son. We wanted more, but that didn't work out.
I know I wouldn't be happy with anyone else in the world and he feels the same way! ( Even though we can certainly get on each others nerves!!)
When you push the world away and get down to basic living and put family first, things just seem to be better!
Go to Top of Page

MommaJ9
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Kimberly
Longview Washington
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  7:59:21 PM  Show Profile
We'll be celebrating our 23rd anniversary on Valentine's Day. We were high school sweeties before either of us could drive...then we went our separate ways for 4 years. Bumped into him at a 4th of July festival and got engaged 2 weeks later! And they said it wouldn't last...

Farmgirl #783
http://jabezfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kmc
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

kai
iowa
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  9:42:10 PM  Show Profile
How long is forever??? No really 12 years. To my best friend actually!!! Only seems like forever sometimes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Family Matters: Previous Topic How long have you been married? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page