Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 How long have you been married?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic How long have you been married? Next Topic
Page: of 3

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  08:33:45 AM  Show Profile
It will be 9 years for us on august 31 th. The hottest day of that year in eastern Canada. Since it was the secound time for both of us and my familly couldn't travel over there, it was just the two of us, my witness (his sister) and his witness (his favorite cousin) and his wife. We married at the City Hall, I wore a short red dress and it was just as time has been suspended for us. The best day of my life to date. Elizabeth, I also want a real wedding, hopefully next year.
Corinne

Sister # 101
'Heaven on Earth' is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  10:13:32 AM  Show Profile
Hubby and I met in 1980 and split up. We do have a daughter together who is 27. We went on to marry other people and he divorced her. The man I married died after 15 years of marriage. We got together again and low and behold, we've been married 12 years as of April. We tell everyone we broke up for 15 years. He still wanted to get married and told my mom how he had waited so long for me to come back into his life. It took a lot of convincing because I was 43 when we got married and wasn't sure I wanted to do it again. But here we are and happy as can be.

Congratulations!! Love the wedding picture and the fact that you were able to stay together for this long.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

DyaLynn53
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Dianne
Roseburg Oregon
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  3:18:05 PM  Show Profile
My husband Bob and I got married on March 22, 1975; done a lot of livin, gone down some very bumpy roads, but we'll be together till the very end. Love is not a feeling it's an act of your will; someone told me that a long time ago and it's worked for me. After 35 years, for us anyway, the road has smoothed out a lot; it's better-n-better.

Farmgirl Sister #682

Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  08:32:37 AM  Show Profile
We will be married 20 years in December, the first few were almost unbearable, but, now my DH is my best friend, I learned My place, and it is not His!

Farmgirl Sister #368
"It is most common for man to value most what has least worth."
My Farm and Garden blog....
http://blogonthefarmandgarden.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  08:51:09 AM  Show Profile
This Dec. will be 28 years, and its a great marriage. I hope we both make it to old and set in our ways, sitting on the porch and drinking coffee together.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Linda
Sterling Ks.
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  9:33:10 PM  Show Profile
I am enjoying so much your love stories. It is amazing how some of you had rough beginnings, but you stayed for the long haul and you have made it. God Bless you all! So many of you are a wonderful example of what commitment means.
Blessings ladies, Linda

Enter and leave with a happy heart!
Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  5:54:38 PM  Show Profile
42 years ago I married my pen pal-10 days after meeting him for the first time in person.Left my family and friends back in Arizona, moved to Michigan where he lives and never looked back.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Linda
Sterling Ks.
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  6:14:24 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by happydaze

42 years ago I married my pen pal-10 days after meeting him for the first time in person.Left my family and friends back in Arizona, moved to Michigan where he lives and never looked back.

You go girl! What a wonderful commitment! Isn't it amazing if we just love, we can make it. I am sure you have more to your story. I love what you just told me. 42 years. I love it. Thank you for telling us your love story. IT is wonderful!
Blessings,
Linda

Enter and leave with a happy heart!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  2:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
41 years coming up on December 28, 2009!!!

We got married 3 days after Christmas in a horrendous snow storm here in SW Colorado. I was living in Phoenix, sharing an apt. with a girlfriend. Bill was still going to college, living in the dorm.
We drove through TERRIBLE weather . . . and that is when my Arizona born "desert rat" husband-to-be learned that you don't just drive across 15 inches of new snow. I told him it was like quick sand . . .sure enough!! But we got help right away.

Anyway, we had a snowy Christmas and a snowy wedding . . .

We lived in Phoenix for a few years (where both of our children were born), then in Tucson for a few . . . but in 1975 we moved to Colorado where we have lived since. My dad deeded us 3 acres of the farm I grew up on and we built a log house (did ALL the logging and log preparation work ourselves (this house burned down in an arson fire in July of 1994). Then we built another house, frame this time and have been there ever since! Our roots GO DEEP!!!

Yup . . . 41 years!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Brenda Kay Groth
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Brenda
Manton MIch
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  06:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Brenda Kay Groth a Yahoo! Message
38 years last week.

bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  5:24:28 PM  Show Profile
20 years this coming May 1st. Boy does time fly when you're having fun! I must say the last 10 were way better than the first 10. Can't wait to see how the next 10 stack up!

Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  5:47:41 PM  Show Profile
We have been married 27 years. I was thinking the other day that I have been married over half my life. Looking forward to growing old together. As peapicker says growing old set in our ways, sitting on the porch and drinking coffee. Well, we do sit on the porch drinking coffee now though.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  5:53:15 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful photo, and just the beginning of many years together. I loved reading that post. Hubby and I were married in 1977, and so it took me back as well to those years. And by the way, your hubby had to be a REAL man to say yes to that shirt! teehee

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 11 2009 5:54:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  11:01:06 AM  Show Profile
I've been married 19 years. Right before our 12th anniversary, hubby landed in the hospital with cancer. Ever since then we've had our financial woes, but hey... he's ALIVE and I thank God!!!

~So many books, so little time~
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  11:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
We have been together 18 years married 14 years of that, and we have 2 kids!

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  3:05:11 PM  Show Profile
We had our 32nd in August, and hoping for another 32. Two daughters and two granddaughters. I married my best friend, and it gets better and better every day.
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  02:59:12 AM  Show Profile
So neat reading this thread!!! My DH and I were married on July 29th, 2006. So 3 years for us! A wonderful three years as well... *happy sigh* :)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://thehappycalamity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  09:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
My parents have been happily married for 20 years on September 30th. And there still really inlove with each other. :)
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  4:10:42 PM  Show Profile
Today is our 7th anniversary! We spent the weekend with our little boy up in Kohler, WI. Back years ago on our honeymoon we had driven around Lake Michigan for a week and had stayed there. We had always wanted to go back and I'm glad we did. It was a lot chillier then the day we got married though, that day it was 82, today in WI it was 44! Both days were sunny and beautiful though!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  6:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Happy anniversary Dawn!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  7:54:14 PM  Show Profile
My DH and I were High School sweethearts - we started dating 11 years ago and will be married for 5 years on January 1, 2010. We've been through a lot together and we were so afraid that we wouldn't make it through his deployment with our sanity in tact. But we did, he's out of the military now and we have a beautiful house, a wonderful DD and are trying to expand our brood :-). Congrats to all you ladies out there, at one year or fifty years!

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  08:03:35 AM  Show Profile
31 years Oct. 28. I can hardly believe that. That's a long time. More than half my life. There are alot of long marriages here. Very nice.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  11:10:06 AM  Show Profile
25 years this coming August 16. We are planning a 10 day cooking tour in Italy to celebrate. He is my soul mate, my best friend, my lover, and the most wonderful person I know. He married me with two teenagers to finish raising, my crazy family, and all of my faults.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  12:49:38 PM  Show Profile
One month on the 3rd of November! hahaha!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  08:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Me and my Pete will be married 4 years on Nov 3rd!! Each year has its struggles but is better than the last!!

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Family Matters: Previous Topic How long have you been married? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page