Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 How long have you been married?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic How long have you been married? Next Topic
Page: of 3

Prairie Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Linda
Sterling Ks.
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  7:34:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone!!!!

It has been a good day! Today is our 35th wedding anniversary. We married in the 70's. If you come to my blog you will see our wedding picture. The picture will make you smile for sure. We were real flower children.

The best part though is the love the Lord has given each of us and how we want to be committed our whole life. Tell me how long and a little about the day you got married. I love weddings and stories!!
Blessings to all you who are married. Run the race to win..........
Linda

www.prairieflowerfarm.blogspot.com
www.peacecreekcollectionsstore.blogspot.com

Enter and leave with a happy heart!

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  8:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Linda~ Congrats~ hubby and I will celebrate 25 on Sept 1~

Rene'Groom
the artist formerly known as Prince. I mean PROSSERFARMGIRL (that will only be funny to some).
Sister #185

www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  8:07:06 PM  Show Profile
We have been married for 43 years, 44 in May. We met very young I was 15 and he was 18. We stayed together, never once broke up ever. I was 17 when we married and he was 20. It was smack in the middle of the Viet Nam "conflict" as they called it. Sure seemed like war to us.I sure spent a lot of time terrified he would be drafted. They said it would never last, well after all these years I think it might!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  8:24:07 PM  Show Profile
Me and my hubby just celebrated 9 years!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  9:20:38 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I met young too...we were high school sweethearts. I went off to college, and 7 years after we started dating, we finally married. We celebrated our 21st anniversary on July 2nd.

Congratulations Mary Jane! Good for you. I know that marriage takes so much work and 43 years...WOW!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  11:14:37 PM  Show Profile
I loved seeing your wedding picture!! Cute!!!! I have been married 13 and 1/2 years this time..my first wedding was in the 70's. I love to see pics from then! How fun. I love your blog, by the way!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  11:44:41 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! I can totally relate to that picture. The first time I got married was in 1969 so we're from the same era. I admire you for having a loving relationship with your husband. Sure wish I had had that!!

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  04:31:51 AM  Show Profile
Your wedding picture is beautiful. You both look so happy. My DH and I were married June 1, 1973. Thirty six years. We were so young. He was 22 and I was 18 yrs and 8 mos old. Have to add the months,I was closer to 19.We had a very small wedding. My dress was borrowed from a family member and it was so beautiful. We have certainly had our share of ups and downs but made it and so happy we stuck it out all these years. I could not ever imagine being with anyone but him.

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  04:53:15 AM  Show Profile
My husband and I will celebrate 4 years on September 3. We were married at 7:00 on Saturday night. When I told my MIL what time the wedding would be, she was horrified. Apparently you cannot get married when the clock is going "down" or your marriage is doomed. Never heard that before, and now I notice that everyone's weddings seem to start at 2:30, 6:30 or whatever, so the clock is going "up". We also saw each other before the wedding, but we aren't too worried about superstitions. We know that we are a team and go into every decision and obstacle together and live a charmed life with our two little boys.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  04:59:31 AM  Show Profile
We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary next month and are having a cookout/party a week or so before.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  05:50:07 AM  Show Profile
My husband I have been married 25 years. He is 1 in a million. I feel so blessed. We got married on our lunch hour in January 1984. I wish we had waited until warmer weather. It is always bad weather (snow, ice) and we can't go anywhere. My advice when planning a wedding wait until warm weather.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  05:51:06 AM  Show Profile
It was twenty years this past June for us.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  06:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
We are coming up on our second wedding anniversary, but we have been together for almost 10 years!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  06:31:32 AM  Show Profile
Let's see...Hubby and I will celebrate #7 this coming January :) Seems like it hasn't been that long, but the numbers say it has..hehe

2 years= the 2 of us + 1 baby= 3 years + 1 baby= 4 years + 1 more baby on the way= 7 years..hehe yep! The first work out..lol

hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

moxieblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  06:46:46 AM  Show Profile
The DH and I got married on September 21, 2002, so we're coming up on 7 years! We've known each other almost 10 years though. It really doesn't feel like it's been that long... but on the other hand we can't really imagine life without each other, nor do we want to. :)

We got married right at the start of autumn... it's our favorite time of year, with the cooler weather, hayrides, corn mazes, fall colors, pumpkins, halloween, and other harvest-time goodness. We try to do as much outdoors stuff as possible each fall, it's our special time and our way of celebrating our marriage. :)

It also POURED rain on our wedding day. We got married at his aunt's house (they have a small-scale cattle farm and a beautiful home with a view of the Smoky Mountains and a lake), and unfortunately our plans of having a big bonfire didn't quite work out the way we planned. We still had the ceremony on their wrap-around front porch (we had all our guests on the porch on either side, we stood in the corner) and the rain did stop long enough for the reception (BBQ and good times).

Admittedly, we dropped the ball as far as planning for the weather went, and it probably wasn't the most graceful or convenient wedding for our guests. But I had more comments from guests on what a wonderful day it was, because in spite of the yucky weather, there was much love and happiness in the air.

The best part about having the ceremony next to a field of cows? The intermittent "moo"ing, especially when the preacher asked if anybody had any objections to our marriage. Everybody laughed at that one, even the preacher. :)

Farmgirl #242
http://vintage-moxie.blogspot.com

Edited by - moxieblossom on Aug 17 2009 06:55:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  06:47:33 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful blog entry--made me tear up! Congratulations!!! I love the pic--you both look very happy. I LOVE that his shirt matches your dress :)

We have been married 8 years, together 9. I was married previously (the reasons are LEGION for why THAT didn't work out!) and when I met Justin, I was on my way back to Manhattan for a short respite and then to Maine, to live out my dream...and um, there were NO men involved!!! I met him over the 4th of July holiday and 3 weeks later he moved in and has never left. We have the best anniversary gift ever, Violet Mae this year--it just gets better and better.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  08:16:16 AM  Show Profile
Married a little over 3 yrs but together for 7. The other day I was staggered to realize that if I had stayed married the first time, it would have been 31 years! Smokes!!

Winona ;-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  09:37:20 AM  Show Profile
November will be 22 for John and I. We met back in 83 and got married in 87. I cant believe he still puts up with me.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  11:44:37 AM  Show Profile
I love it when people have been blessed to stay together for so many years. This July would have been 28 for me and my hubby. We had a wonderful marriage, yep, rocky times, but we got through it together, which made us stronger. Cancer cut our lives together short, but I would not trade a day of it. Hold tight to each other, enjoy each moment, remember that when your hubbies do something that bugs you, it is usually cause you wanted things to go your way, or for him to act the way you wanted him to. Put each other first, your self desires in check and the years will continue to roll along. Blessings and congrats to you all!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  8:45:50 PM  Show Profile
My Sweetie and I have been married for 34 years. God has truly blessed me with a great husband. I was married shortly before, and I asked and prayed to God to send me one good man. He did!!!!!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  8:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Julia:
Your post was simply beautiful, and so, so true. I hope everyone reads what you wrote several times. Life is, indeed, too short and goes by too, too fast.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

AngieB
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Angie
Elizabethtown PA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  10:22:13 AM  Show Profile
On Saturday the 22nd, I will will be married 17 years to my best friend! We started dating at 17 amd married at 19. After 15 years he started liking to garden. Maybe we can make a farmboy out of him yet!
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  10:51:30 AM  Show Profile
On December 11, we'll have been married 5 years... been together almost 8 years. we wanted to have our "wedding" this year, but his brother stole our thunder by having his wedding next month. we just got married on the beach in hawaii (where i was stationed) in 2004 and weren't able to have our dream wedding at that time. so we'd wanted to have it this year... i want a fall wedding, totally homemade... mostly just so our families can finally meet each other - they havn't yet!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  9:28:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls. Congrats to all who are married. Hope you make it like we have, we're heading to year 48. It went by so fast I can't remember not being married as an adult. The secret is Listen to each other, tell each other of your love, praise, and share. Good luck to all.

Bonnie Ellis

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

faithmarie
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

faith
wappingers falls new york
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  10:02:36 AM  Show Profile
We were married in 1976.... it was a good year. I came from Newport Beach California and he came from Syria and we met in my grandfathers house in Poughkeepsie N.Y.
A month before we met I swore on a stack of bibles I would never marry an arab...... well that is when I found out The Lord has a sense of humor. When he came he said he was greek.... He was Syrian but he spoke greek and had come over on a greek ship.
He came over almost every night with a bag of oranges and a gallon of apple juice. That was January of 76 and we were married secretly March 23rd 1976. I was 19 and he was 30. I wish I had met him sooner....but I guess that would have been too creepy. haha
It was the first best decision I made in my life. He is my love! I am truly blessed. I always say God loves me more than He loves him because He gave me Alex and Alex got me....get it ..haha

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven
Farmgirl sister # 34
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  05:43:08 AM  Show Profile
We'll have been married for 9 glorious years in October.

Our wedding day was pretty normal.

My mother was a bigger basket case then I was but was not the mother of the bride from !@#$# thank goodness!

We opted to have the bulk of our pix taken before the reception, and I had to be scolded back into the room as other guests arrived.

After a horrible first mariage, I figured what do we have to loose. I have never been one for superstition anyway.

My brother was our DJ/sound/technical guy and got us real good just prior to the wedding march. He played a real sappy song and projected pictues of DH and me starting from when we were each little kids. TOTAL SURPRIZE!!

It was going to be alright 'till I looked over and saw my dad tearing up. Nothing like having to dry up fast before getting up in front of a ton of people!

And on that note. Neither of us was nervous at all! We were just so pleased to be seeing and spending time w/ all our friends and family. I can recall all the details of the wedding and the reception.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Family Matters: Previous Topic How long have you been married? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page