Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Larkspur are showing their first leaves!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Larkspur are showing their first leaves! Next Topic  

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  09:13:06 AM  Show Profile
Spring fever!!!! I saw the first feathery leaves of little larkspur starts all over the yard yesterday - I know it's not quite spring, but this has about made me come undone. YAY!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  06:38:42 AM  Show Profile
Oh Libbie........I adore larkspur!!!! I have a garden plot......about 9' x 9', that I've had for the past 5 years planted with Larkspur! It has reseeded itself every year now...and looks SO beautiful in summer!! I think they make great cuttings for the house...and I have a birdhouse right next to this garden that the birds really love. I thought I put some dill in with them this year.....I have butterfly larva that love it....and I think it would look great with the Larkspur....but I'm still tossing this one around.
Sweet Blessins',
paula

"Life shall judge us harshly enough. Let us at least be gentle with each other."

http://www.rustypinsandoldlace.com/
'Antiques & HandMades for your heart and your home.'
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  06:52:25 AM  Show Profile
Dill and Larkspur? It will look just like a fluffy, feather, angel-garden! What a fun idea! I love that the larkspur come back each year, and they are the early-birds of the flower world around here. Is it spring yet?!?!?!?!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  07:01:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh I don't have larkspur..but will be planting some this year for sure. I noticed that the daffodils (I don't have alot, just enough to notice) are up and have buds now...I look forward to them..then the tulips and iris too.. they are out in the front flower bed..probably the warmest spot for them....and they sure say spring is coming to me.
I LOVE dill too..That does sound feathery and pretty...an angel garden..I love that!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  6:48:21 PM  Show Profile
OOoohhhh - it's not just the larkspur! As of today, the penstemon and blue flax are greening up and showing new leaves, and my wild roses are showing some green around the stems.....All of this is making me so antsy!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  09:37:52 AM  Show Profile
OMG........I LOVE that!!!! An angel garden!!!!! I'm gonna do that.and make a sweet little sign to put in it!!! Thank you...thank you!!! Would you like a sign...since it was your idea miss Anne?

"Life shall judge us harshly enough. Let us at least be gentle with each other."

http://www.rustypinsandoldlace.com/
'Antiques & HandMades for your heart and your home.'
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  5:10:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad that you like the "angel garden" vision - it was just what I thought it would look like - I think we're going to have very similar little garden areas this year! I'm so looking forward to it - Wow - the offer of a sign? I would love one, but I don't want you going to extra trouble...I'll make one, too, and let's share what they look like later on this summer - what do you think? That offer is so sweet of you. Thank YOU.

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Larkspur are showing their first leaves! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page