Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  5:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today we had a HUGE rainstorm. When I looked out the rain was overwhelming our gutters and there was a solid sheet of water pouring over the porch roof. In seconds the street gutters were full and the storm drains were backing up under the deluge. A couple of hours later after the sun came out, I went to see my horse. I have to drive over the river to get there and the water was the color of milky coffee. The rain washed huge amounts of soil from the gullies and the badlands into the river. It's take a day or two for the water to be really clear again. It's amazing seeing nature at work!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  12:46:28 PM  Show Profile
Alee:
I hope Tala is okay! It truly is amazing to see what Mother Nature can do!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  8:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Marly- She is fine. She was a bit spooked and ended up breaking her halter because of it, but she is totally fine :D Today she was nice and mellow again.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9398 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9398 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  06:17:08 AM  Show Profile
We have been having some really bad storms. One yesterday while we were out. Lost a big limb from my magnolia tree in front. Lots of things blown around. Blew my wicker loveseat off the front porch and into the side yard. fortunately it was not broken or anything. This is the third one in 2 weeks. Very unusual for us. Power goes out for any little storm so of course we lost that till 3 am this morning.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  05:12:37 AM  Show Profile
We got it too! I had been out planting seeds in one of our hoop houses, getting ready for Fall, and low and behold, my seeds may have ended up in another county. HA! We sure needed the rain though, as it got super hot and dry. Which is more normal for August, however, July was unusually wet and cooler as well. Really strange weather this year. At least I dont have to water.
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...

Edited by - Lynner on Aug 11 2009 05:13:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  06:25:58 AM  Show Profile
Wish we could send you some of the rain we have been getting here. It is the wettest summer I can ever remember having. Everything in our garden is rotting or blighting. We are soggy! We have been trying since April to pour a cement floor in a new pole barn, and the water is jus seeping right up through the ground. Also, we had a tornado last week just a few miles from here - a rare occurrence in Northeast PA!

Luanne

Luanne
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Gully Washer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page