prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  12:34:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm happier than i could be.... the summer weather here in southeast WY has been absolutely glorious this year! we had record amounts of rain in June, which helped with the garden and our other plants. (except it did bring the mosquitoes with it). I think it's only gotten up to the 90's once or twice so far. and this week is only in the 70's due to cold fronts passing through.

being originally from arizona, the summer weather here was great to begin with. only a few really hot days. but this is perfect! although, we haven't been having as many cool thunderstorms, that also means decreased chance my garden will be destroyed by hail (like last year).

so, i'm thanking the heavens and hoping i don't jinx myself by praising this wonderful weather.... hoping august won't have overly hot temperatures because it's been perfect the rest of the time.

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  5:35:28 PM  Show Profile
Sounds wonderful.... things are so dry here in the Southeast at the moment. My garden is parched and I have to put the sprinkler on it every hight for several hours. My cukes are done-for.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  5:38:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Elizabeth:
I'm in SW Louisiana and we have had rain, rain, rain, and expecting more rain. But, after the rain comes the sunshine. I can't wait. Enjoy your WY weather.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  2:44:36 PM  Show Profile
Tennessee has been wonderful most of July! Temps in the 80's and some cool rainy days. I love Tennessee! The weather is suppose to get hotter, in the 90's this week, but I don't mind, it is summer.

http://barbaralucore.etsy.com
http://beedangledcreations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  3:54:06 PM  Show Profile
We've been getting an unusually cool summer this year with a good amount of rain. As of now, we haven't reached 90 degrees yet...although they're predicting hotter temps at the end of the week. We've been getting some wicked thunderstorms with small tornados in some areas. I think the Northeast has traded the Northwest our typical summers this year! I like it, though. Can't stand heat and humidity!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic the BEST summer weather! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page