forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  08:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Since I don't know how to e-mail a member from the forum, can I go back into my registration and edit it to allow for that? How do I do that? Or do I need to start over again. I'm not sure if I marked anything locking me out of e-mail or not. I seem able to receive, but not to send to members. Thanks for the help.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  12:13:12 PM  Show Profile
So, when you're logged in (and you'll know for sure, because you'll see your name towards the top-right beside the "Logout" button), you should be able to click on a user's username, then, on the subsequent screen, click "Click to send an e-mail" by "E-mail user:" in the upper left of their profile.
It should pop up a new window with a little field to fill out your message, etc.

So, two thoughts:
I'm emphasizing making sure you're logged in, because sometimes when cookies start having troubles, one screen will show you're logged in, but then following pages will not retain that info (for whatever reason). If you're able to view a user's profile, then that's not likely the problem. If it seems you are having problems staying logged in, then clearing your cookies will resolve that.
Two, you may want to check your pop-up settings. Perhaps your internet browser is set to block ALL pop-ups, which I think would block this new "email a user" window. I have to set Internet Explorer's settings to "High" to get that effect. It didn't happen in Firefox. So check those settings (usually under the "Tools" menu, then "Options" of some sort if you don't see a selection for "Pop-up Blocker Settings").

See if any of that information helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic e-mailing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page