Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Anti-Inflammatory diet - thoughts? support?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anti-Inflammatory diet - thoughts? support? Next Topic
Page: of 2

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  10:31:57 AM  Show Profile
That's interesting. Do you normally just eat raw foods? I take a women's 50+ and then add a "super" b complex already. I suppose it's worth a try. Detoxing and all. Trouble is...I couldn't stick to just a raw foods diet. I love my hot soup in the winter and a big bowl of oatmeal. That's the same with the Atkins....I can't eat all that meat all the time and I miss pasta! I need to have a variety or I'm going to binge on something unhealthy cause I'll feel deprived. Would be nice to get a little 10 lb jump though. Make me feel like I was at least moving in a positive direction.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  12:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
No I don't normally eat a raw foods diet, and the article mentioned that you only need to go to 70% raw. So you eat raw fruits and veg during the day (breakfast and lunch) and have some with your cooked meats or whatever for dinner. I bought lots of fruits and veg to try and the sublingual B12 (sublingual was recommended).

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  3:28:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Chocolate dipped potato chips....OOOOOhhhh nooooo now I have another craving...LOL. I do get all kinds of other household help "treats" so I can't complain at all. Is my fault mostly. I could say NO. I just have trouble making my lips form the word..laughing. I do try to eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies. Usually have a salad or sliced fresh veggies every day and yesterday had fresh peaches, cherries and strawberries. I need more activity more than anything.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  11:34:03 AM  Show Profile
T,

I'm sorry you and the other gals have so many health issues to deal with. I have friends with Fibro and they stay clear of nightshades (tmatoes, peppers, potatoes) because it triggers pain for them.

I know it's hard to give up sugar. I grew up with it as a staple in our home. I try not to keep sweets in the home and bake on occasion. It's hard not to give in to temptation.

We eat fast food maybe 2 times a year. I used to eat it all the time. As soon as I stopped I dropped 7 pounds and no longer had stomach problems. I was previously diagnosed with IBS and was on meds. I have been drinking Raw Cow's Milk and make yogurt from it, sweetened with a little agave nectar and fruit and it has also helped my digestion.

The thing that has helped me most is to not buy junk food, not have it in the house. If it's there I will eat it.

I have neck,shoulder, back and hip injuries from a car accident. Exercising (even though it's not very high impact) helps me to deal with the pain.I notice on days that I don't work out that I hurt worse. Maybe there is some low impact type of workout you can do. I use a recumbent exercise bike and ride about 10 miles 4-5 times a week and I do arm weights (only 5 pounds,started with 2 pounds though:))

I will be praying for you to be able to stick with your diet and I will also be praying for healing for you!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  4:51:48 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sharon...I've heard that about tomatoes but I don't seem to "feel" the impact like that. I try to exercise. I try really hard to NOT let the pain stop me. I seem to have a fairly high threshold and spend a lot of time just "toughing" it out, it's just that it's constant. I never have relief. I can't remember the last time I was pain-free. It takes a minute to get going in the morning especially...I really need that shower to limber up. Once I'm moving I don't dare stop for sure! Once I do, I'm done. That's the hardest when I'm just laying there trying to relax and then I focus on the pain. Lately, it's invaded my dreams. I was dreaming the other night that I was having a spinal tap (I've had several) and woke up crying just to discover I was really in pain in my lower back. My massage therapist has been trying to help release some of that lower back muscle memory. From my new age days, I recall that intense low back pain is caused from feeling like you have little/no support. (got that right...sometimes)

Alee..how's your "raw foods" coming?
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  5:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How are you feeling today, T? I am feeling great! I ate cataloupe and a banana for breakfast. I had cantaloupe for a snack and I have had a little bread. I ate a tomato yesterday and will eat another today. The b-12 vitamin is completely AWESOME! It is a sublingual and they used Cherry Juice to sweeten it. It tastes more like candy than a vitamin!! I seriously recommend the 70% raw food plan! I am already feeling more alert and energetic!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  7:20:48 PM  Show Profile
I may have to Alee. I'm just hopeless lately. Stress is SUCH a trigger with me. I start out good in the am then as the day drags on my willpower diminishes. (BTW, 1 chocolate chip cookie has about 150 calories...) Although, I did hit the health food store today and bought a bottle of tumeric/bromelain. Both are anti-inflamatory and the bromelain is supposed to help with digestion. It was 20$ for 90 caps which is about a month's supply! :-( Maybe I'll do the raw thing for the rest of the week to see how that goes. Local farmer's market tomorrow afternoon. I can pick up some "goodies"...

Also, I've been plagued by these "sniper headaches" of late. They are not a migraine or a regular tension headache...I know what those feel like, I've had them all my life. These little buggers hit hard/fast and really make me need to find a place to rest. Best is home for tylenol/aprin mix and an ice pack and about an hour's rest. Then, I feel better.

The other thing that went "weird" is my pinky on my left hand. Suddenly, it hurts like the dickens and fails to hit those left keyboard keys when I want it too....This fibro/arthritis thing is so darn tricky.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anti-Inflammatory diet - thoughts? support? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page