prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  11:11:09 AM  Show Profile
i just found out my best friend's brother's wife died. all they know right now is she had been complaining of headaches for about a week, had gone to the doctor for it, nothing was done. she slipped into unconciousness and died very suddenly.

so this situation has

1. made me fearful because we can't prevent some things like this. with so many medical conditions and situations, how can we possibly prevent everything?! you never know what could happen, and it scares me not being in control....

2. sometimes i wonder if doctor's don't take things seriously. i've seen this on some of those medical shows, where patients will live with conditions for years and because they are "normal" conditions that don't appear to be life-threatening, doctor's don't treat them. then years down the road people finally find a doctor who takes it seriously and it turns out to be a serious condition. i sure hope this is not the case with this girl.... is it possible for doctors to treat every single patient with the utmost concern? or would that be a waste of their time?

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  11:28:30 AM  Show Profile
I sometimes think Doctor's look for horses, not zebras. And, sadly, things like headaches can be almost any thing, usually cured with Tylenol. And, without getting on a soap box, some MD's are limited to what tests they can run and when. I am so sorry about that young woman. Please don't worry about what you cannt change. There is a greater power, that is who is in control. In my prayers...

how sweet it is to love some one, how right itis to care
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  8:58:06 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth:
Try not to fear things, especially doctors. If you are feeling bad or ever feel bad, see a doctor. Or, I should say, see a doctor that you respect and one that respects you. It took me years to find that kind of doctor. If you are ever sick, do research yourself. Take care.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  8:59:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh,
Elizabeth, I forgot to say I am so sorry about your best friends brother's wife passing away.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  12:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Elisabeth and I'm so sorry about your best friend's brother's wife passing away. I think you should try to believe each day is a gift and treasure them all. Let people you love know that each and every day. None of us know that moment when we will be called home. I don't know if you're a religious person or not but try to find comfort in knowing you've lived the best life you can and treated others well. Most doctors try their best to treat their patients with dignity. They are often over booked and under time constraints based on what their corporation feels is an appropriate amount of time to spend with a patient. Sad but true. Find a doctor you feel comfortable with and also when you know you're going to have an appt. to see your dr. write down things you want to make sure you talk with him/her about. Then you can make sure you get all of your concerns addressed.
Huggzz to you.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  2:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I am very sorry that happened to your friends SIL. Sweetie, eveyone gets those scary feeling sometimes. It shakes you to the core when horrible things happen so quickly and for seemingly no reason. But these things do happen. We just had friends of ours have their 3 yr. old grand daughter die. Even after an autopsy they still don't know why. It breaks your heart. I felt that way positively when my 15 yr.old daughter was suddenly killed in a 3 wheeler accident yrs. ago. Then it just hit me after a long time, these things do just happen. There is no sense worrying about every thing in your life there is no way to stop the bad all the time. Sometimes bad things happen. In a way, I wasn't afraid anymore. Because I knew if it could happen to my sweet daughter it could happen to anyone. Period. I just decided to let my fears go and live my life and change what I could and deal with the things I couldn't as best as I can. Myself I don't believe God makes bad things happen to people,I believe he is as sad as we are when people are hurt in any way or killed, I feel he is there to help you through the roughest and saddest times in our lives. I am not a preachy religious person by any means and I respect everyones beliefs. But I guess what I am saying is live your life and don't be afraid. If you are it will hinder you from having the most joyous experiences.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  07:30:46 AM  Show Profile
thank you all for your advice, thoughts, and sympathies.... the whole situation just makes me think about things, big, deep things. but i guess that's a good thing. i'm not a religious person, still trying to figure out what my beliefs are. and i suppose situations like this help me along that path. i agree with you, mary jane, that we can't let bad things affect how we live. it's just hard sometimes when you take a look at the big picture....

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  3:06:05 PM  Show Profile
Believe me honey, I know that only to well. You are finding your way now and it may take a while but you will. Just be patient with yourself.The big picture can be pretty overwhelming that's for sure. My Grandma used to tell me, Honey, you can't fix the whole world, just concentrate on your own little neck of the woods and do the best you can. Hugs, Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic fearful Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page