Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2006 :  08:16:44 AM  Show Profile
Wow- This book is a great collection of essays on "Land, Culture and the Community of Life" and I LOVE it! It is basically about american's re-learning how to care for the land...I am reading a section on Wes Jackson's Land Institute in Salina, Kansas- he is working on a mix of different perrenial prarie plants that can produce the same if not more food, protein and money per acre as traditional monocrops while the land is never tilled or replanted and the soil remains rich. These essays are fun to read (and I live in a condo and have no plan to seriously farm). Very encouraging stuff....have you all read this? Has anyone been to the Land Institute?
Rebekka

This book is available through Amazon and would be well worth the $12 (maybe some girls could share the cost and pass it along) but I found it at the library.

Edited by - Rebekka Mae on Feb 26 2006 08:18:02 AM

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2006 :  09:54:48 AM  Show Profile
That sounds SO interesting - now that I have a little time on my hands, I'm going to head to the library with my little one tomorrow - I'll take a look, maybe our humble little library has it. Thanks for the heads-up!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic The New Agrarianism Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page