Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I have a confession! I'm a closeted writer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I have a confession! I'm a closeted writer Next Topic  

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  08:33:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone!! It is a gorgeous sunny day here and I am filled with the hope of Spring. I have something on my mind, however, and want to share it and ask for some help!
My confession: I'm writing a book! I began it a little while ago and I'm about halfway through. Rough draft stage! The thoughts and words are just flowing right out of me. Its actually a little freaky how my hands are typing almost without my brain attached. I've written some things, already, that I hadn't quite realized fully on an emotional level. The book is about being a stay at home mom; the wonderful things and all the things I have found, unexpectedly, really challenging. It isn't a survival guide of any kind. Its supposed to be an something uplifting and fun. Most of it is personal reflection. My ups and downs and ways I cope with the monotony of it all but I think some other stories would be fun too.

I was wondering if any of you would like to share with me what kinds of things you enjoy about being at home and the kinds of things that really get under your skin. It can be anything. I'd also like to know if you received any advice as you were raising small children that was particularly helpful. Furthermore, was there ever a time when you just wished for some guidance and if so what were you looking for? You'd be welcome to email me for privacy. I was also wondering if I could use some of the stories in my book and your name (First name only) as well.

The title of the book is:
The Beauty of Being Home: A Stay-at-Home Mom's Journey through the Early Years.

Any advice and words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! I also have to confess that I have lots of experiencing writing but no experience publishing...this will be an entirely new world for me.
Thanks so very much..blessings Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  09:19:53 AM  Show Profile
Julia, I think this is wonderful. I've always wanted to write a book (boy, how many times have you heard that!), but don't really know what I want to write about. Anyway, your books sounds wonderful, and I love your title.

When I have a little more time, maybe early next week, I'll go back and look at my journals from when my children were younger and I was a sahm and see if I have anything worthwhile to share with you.

Best of luck in your writing!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  2:28:59 PM  Show Profile
julia that is great & what a good idea. Im happy for you that it's flowing out of you. I had my daughter at 40 & i've got alot to share!I've got to go now but I'll be back on later or tom. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  4:17:41 PM  Show Profile
Michele and Patti, thank you for responding! anecdotal insight is all I'm after..short little scenerios that illustrate your feelings; good or bad..nothing too demanding! Michele, I'm 40 now raising my 2 and 4 year old and I am very happy I waited until I was older. I didn't have the maturity to raise children that many in their 20's already have!Hope you are having a great day!!Julia Hayes
ps there's the thread of considering being a stay at home mom or continuing to work all the while considering if she's ready for another baby...I haven't read through it all, yet, but there's some wonderful insight in there too!

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2006 :  07:40:05 AM  Show Profile
From one writer to another, good for you!!! I've had that dream of a book deal for as long as I can remember but life always got in the way, but thanks to the internet and blogs, I am writing more and more, even got my articles published in magazines so for now this satisfys me. Keep us posted and you go girl!!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I have a confession! I'm a closeted writer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page