happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  6:20:25 PM  Show Profile
I know this is about reading and there's a Reading Room board here, but I wanted to post this here in case there are ladies here who don't click the Active Topics icon and don't visit the Reading Room.

This past Monday, I ordered all 6 of the past issues of MaryJanesFarm magazine that are available. I am a huge, huge reader, and not only do I read many magazines for pleasure, I also have spent considerable time studying magazines over the past year to prepare myself for being the (volunteer) editor of our church magazine, which premiered in January (will be published quarterly). I also have a Masters Degree in Composition.

Furthermore, I loved MaryJanes IdeaBook and was impressed beyond words by the quality of the writing, the photographs, layouts, etc., so I expected nothing less than similar stellar quality in the magazine. But . . .

These issues far surpassed my expectations and absolutely stunned me! I started at 4:30 p.m. by quickly paging through each one to get an overall feel. Then I went back and started reading more slowly, looking at a few articles in each issue. The writing is absolutely outstanding -- I just can't do it justice. The photographs are unbelievable. I felt as if I could almost step right into the scenes! Each layout is a work of art. They are inviting, warm, fresh, etc.

Ladies, my dh and my students (who study with me every day) know I have very high standards in the area of literature, and I can say in all honesty that these are the best magazines I have ever read, bar none! I'm not saying these things to be nice -- this is heartfelt and sincere.

If you have never treated yourself by ordering one of MaryJanes magazines, I cannot urge you strongly enough to do so right away. You might as well go ahead and order all 6 of them at once, because I guarantee you that after looking at one issue, you'll want all of them.

(While I was writing this message, my dh and ds came in from going out to eat. I showed them a few pages of the magazines and even my 40+ dh and my 19 yr old ds were impressed.)

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  8:52:35 PM  Show Profile
I agree wholeheartedly. I know that I can become completely immersed in the stories as I am reading them - I almost forget I'm reading and just "become" part of it. A rare experience, indeed.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  07:22:14 AM  Show Profile
oh, I agree without question. I have all of them, at least I did, I shared two of them and havent gotten them back yet. One was the premiere issue!! the other was the second issue. I was trying to be nice & mailed them to "friends" in other states so they could get familiar & order stuff from MJF. I guess they realized how valuable they are, because I never got them back yet & this was 2 yeras ago. I do agree, they are the best out there. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic MaryJanesFarm magazine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page