22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  10:15:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Detroit Project is Giving $100 Dollars to 100 People Over 100 Days

Monday, 27 July 2009
Project 100 in Detroit is randomly distributing $100 dollars to 100 people over 100 days. Believing that even the smallest act of kindness can bring significant change, the founders of Project 100 want to make a positive impact by sparking a renewed sense of hope in the community.

There are no requirements or no strings attached except that recipients are asked to think about what they can do to make their community a better place, whether it's volunteering for a community event, helping out a neighbor, or making a donation. Project 100 believes that one kind act will lead to another, creating a ripple effect for change.

One woman (photo, right) said she immediately wanted to give the money - or part of it - to someone else.

Watch below as the Project 100 surprises Brian, an off-duty police officer, with a 100 dollar bill. He says he wants to spend it on his friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40dmH0nuB8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egoodnewsnetwork%2Eorg%2Findex2%2Ephp%3Foption%3Dcom%5Fcontent%26task%3Dview%26id%3D5909%26pop%3D1%26page%3D0%26Itemid%3D272&feature=player_embedded

At their website, you can learn more about the initiative, which is ongoing through September, and how you might become a pawn in their game of hope: www.whatisproject100.com. Project 100 is a non-profit organization as well as an educational resource on the subjects of volunteering and saving money.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  11:15:29 AM  Show Profile
See how we can promote giving when we give. That goes in every way of life. If I give you a smile well then you smile back. Love it.
Good article Alee. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  11:18:07 AM  Show Profile
If they can get it to work in Detroit, it will work ANYWHERE!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  11:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That story just made me smile. I love hearing about people sharing- even sharing a smile.

I am doing a part time cashiering job and I smile at everyone who comes through my lane. Everyone has smiled back at me so far and some of them were not smiling before they got to check out. So I feel good that maybe they walk out with a smile on their face and maybe they will smile at someone else who will pass that on. I wish I could hand out $100!

I would want to pass on some and then spend some of it at a mom and pop type store, or maybe at an artist's booth at the farmer's market.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Project 100 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page