Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Snake In The Milk Room... Next Topic
Page: of 2

PineConeAcres
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  2:58:50 PM  Show Profile
No snakes here LOL I live in Alberta Canada, must be to cold for them up here. I would have freaked out too.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  7:21:40 PM  Show Profile
I surveved milking in the milk room. But the whole time I'm freaking out about a snake falling on me from the ceiling or it climbing around in the walls. They're block walls, too. I tried not to think about it too much, but I think I will always be looking. I had to go get milk just now and saw a frog. So I guess if there was a snake still in there that there would not be a frog? I sure hope that's a good sign.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  10:11:31 PM  Show Profile
Nope, no pictures of snakes! Only text and a drawing of how to set up the glue boards and a snake proof fence around your house.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  07:50:15 AM  Show Profile
Snake proof fence? Wow. I need that. Of course I thought with all these ole guineas it was pretty snake proof. I will look now. Thanks, Sherri.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  08:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Kris,
just got back from Lowes, saw something for you called "Snake Away" I don't know if it works but maybe. My question is if you put this down or the moth balls what happens to the snakes that are alreadyn there< do they say in the perimiter? I hope not.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  09:16:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh please, no! I am already having a hard enough time trying not to think of snakes crawling all in the walls of the house and milk room right now. I see them all over or what looks like them. Anything long and laying around. Oh, I need help! I am going today to buy as many boxes of moth balls I can find and will look for the snake away stuff. Although I think I have seen that and of course there is a picture of a snake on the front. I know, it's awful. But thanks for the info, Tina. Where have you been? Haven't seen you around lately. I hope you're ok just busy.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  1:13:24 PM  Show Profile
Now I see why you need the moth balls!!! Snakes are scary creatures!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  4:09:57 PM  Show Profile
I got 4 big boxes and put 2 in the milk room. Ugh! So nasty. I can hardly go in now! I have the fan running. I hope the goats don't try to eat any. I have them all swept up to the wall. I smell like a moth ball. It's on me.

Kelly, I hope there is no sign of a snake when ya'll are here. I am doing all I can to make them go away. Do you have white sage? Alee said I should burn some white sage to ward off evil snake vibes in there. I have some sage I think, but it's green and yellow. I should try that, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  1:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kris,
Just been busy!!! Had a great time this past Sat. Karin from Ellenwood came over and we took a quilting class together. Her sister came up from FLA and came also. How is the slithery problem? I hope you have had no more sightings. My garden is just about gone need to pull everything up and plant for fall. Thats what is going on here. E-mail me and maybe we can get together.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  2:52:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey Tina, Nope, haven't seen a thing. I can't stay in there too long though with all the nasty moth ball smell! Too nasty. It almost smells like there's gas in them.

Sounds like ya'll had fun. I would love to have a quilting bee. A class sounds fun. Have you already met Karin before?

I e-mailed you, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  3:08:33 PM  Show Profile
do remember that moth balls are poisenous, keep them away from the animals, kids and of course your milk

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  4:55:22 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I'm thinking I might have gone a little overboard on them. I am smelling them on my clothes right now. I just milked and it's really bad in there. I do have a fan but it's not moving the smell out. I will probably take about half of them out. It did say not to inhale them. I do.

Thanks for the info, Teresa.

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Snake In The Milk Room... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page