Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 HomeSafeHome
 Dry Cleaner without a Dryer??ASAP, please :D
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Dry Cleaner without a Dryer??ASAP, please :D Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  1:29:46 PM  Show Profile
I have a dress that needs to be laundered. It says it is dry clean only, but I don't have a dryer so I can't use one of those at home jobbers. Also, I really don't want to go to the laundromat and pay for just one dress.

Is there a setting or something different I could do so that I could just wash it in the washer and dry it on the line? Like maybe if I used the delicate cycle or washed it in with other clothes the same colors using a mild cycle?

I just got the dress, and I want to be able to wear it to church tomorrow, so I have to be able to clean it today.

Thanks ahead for you help!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  1:41:50 PM  Show Profile
If it's not silk you could just hand wash with mild soap, in cold water and let it dry hanging in the shade outside. Don't wringe it just press the water out lightly.
Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  1:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Melody June!! You're a lifesaver :D Someone just gave me a maternity dress, and it fits perfect. My friend is being baptist tomorrow and it would be so nice to go and not feel frumpy with my clothes not fitting right.
Thanks bunches!!

Jessie

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  7:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Jessie,
I have laundered myself, or handwashed, many items that say dry clean only. I just use gentle cycle, usually with cold water and hang dry. Of course, there might be variables on the theme . . . but you should be able to do that.
CJ

from the barefoot farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Dry Cleaner without a Dryer??ASAP, please :D Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page