Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Ok..HELP....Help HELP!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Ok..HELP....Help HELP!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  09:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am so frustrated...I can't seem to lose weight. You would think with all the moving and burning calories unpacking, I would have lost something but nadda. I decided yesterday to throw out all my used up fat clothes. I now own 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of yoga pants, 6 tops, 1 fleece and a bathing suit. That is all that fits me right now. I have some new size 14 stuff that I bought when I was a 16, but now at a 20, I refuse to go larger and yes, I downright refuse to give up those 14's. My goal is to get back to a size 8. I know size shouldn't matter but I used to be a runner, completely several 10 milers easily and I miss that feeling and life. I am tired of well being tired and out of shape. I miss being cute and healthy. I need help with the diet part. I can buy all the healthy food I want but then what do I do with it? I can't have a special diet for me and then one for the boys. It has to be something everyone can eat. I don't have the money to sign up for things either. Pleae help!!! I am desperate. I am 35 and weight 250 and I don't want to do this anymore. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!!!

Restrictions:
1. Dairy- I can only eat yogurt without problems.
2. Spicy food- been causing me a LOT of problems lately
3. Exercise- I have Charlie ALL the time now- so I have to find ways to burn lots of calories AND work my muscles with him around. Walks are great but don't do much.

Heather

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  09:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I should add I am getting hand weights and a balance ball for my birthday. Pink of course!!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  10:59:11 AM  Show Profile
Heather:
Eleven years ago I lost 40 pounds. I found out I was diabetic. I did not want to take shots, so I listened to the doctor. I did two things only; I walked (rain or shine or cold or hot) for 40 minutes a day, and I ate NO sugar at all. NO SUGAR. I lost 50 pounds in three full months. I went from 175 to 125. I now weigh 134 and, to me, that is the best weight for me. I now walk 30 minutes five days a week. Good luck to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  11:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Marly. Ok, so what DID you eat??? I need a normal diet that can be family friendly. And congrats on losing the weight, that is fantastic.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  11:13:48 AM  Show Profile
Heather,
My sister had the same problems as you, and what finally worked for her, was to cut out everything "white", sugar, bread, potatoes,flour, white graveys then eat 5 SMALL meals aday, with lots of veggys and fruits as the main food, drink a large glass of water before each meal, helps when your stomach thinks its almost full, eat slowly, cut each bite in half, chew completly. Doing this will make it easier when you still are cooking for others, they still get their foods, and so do you, just in differant portions. Good Luck

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  11:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Do all ya'll have a cookbook or something I could get my hands on??? I bought a bunch of vegetables but I need to make them appretizing to everyone.

This month I am working on giving up:
1. Bread
2. Coffee w/creamer
3. Ranch dressing : (

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  11:16:20 AM  Show Profile
Heather,
My husband lost a lot of weight last year. Daily, he would jog and he cut his meals in half. He ate slowly and when he started to feel like he was full, he would stop eating. He didn't change his eating habits at all. Just but the walking/jogging and eating this way, he lost 30lbs in a months time.
I hope that you can find something that works for you :D
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  11:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the inspiration...please keep it coming...I love it!!! ; )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  11:24:29 AM  Show Profile
my sis was 5'4 and weighed 310, that was 2 years ago, now she weighs 147 and looks and feels good. She really didn't give up alot, just portion size and in what order she ate things, fill up on low calorie fruits and veggys first, and of course as much exercise as possible

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  11:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok..that works Teresa...thanks... : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  3:42:44 PM  Show Profile
I find the ONLY way I can lose weight is to walk more. I used to jog, many years ago, but I lost so much weight that I became anorexic. Now I'm afraid to run. But walking helps. I try to eat healthy foods, but during the summer (and only during the summer) I crave cookie dough ice cream. I weigh a little over two hundred now and would like to lose about fifty pounds but know I need to change my eating habits to do so. I'm an emotional eater so that's a big part of the problem. I don't eat a lot of meat and I crave sweets. I'm going to start growing a little pot of Stevia in my kitchen window, as I discovered that if you chew he leaves, it takes away the craving for something sweet. I hope you can find a way to lose weight and keep it off. I've been a size twenty and it didn't feel right to me. Neither does my current weight. I do know that it all begins in the mind--when I was thin, I had a different mindset than I do now. Trouble is, I can't seem to regain that mindset. You mentioned you used to run and miss that feeling and life. I think sometimes it involves going deep inside yourself to recapture that frame of mind. That's what I try to do, but for some reason, it scares me. If I was thin again, I'd have to deal with the issue of men wanting to ask me out. And I've been hurt so badly that I'd rather just not deal with it. Anyway, I hope you find something that works for you. It's no fun not being able to wear skinny clothes.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  4:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Tonight, I had a half a stuffed pepper with aborio rice, tomatoe and seasonings and I sliced a thick peice of heirloom tomato on top and let it bake..yummy..I used olive oil and rubbed it all over the pepper halves and a little sea salt on the top tomato. Charlie didn't like the vegetables but I loved it...it was light but heavy enough to fill me up. We are having some fruit later for a dessert. I am trying...

Heather

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  4:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Heather, thats all you can ask of yourself, honestly try! And Charlie needs to learn to love veggys also.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  4:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- you might want to try ediets.com they have AWESOME recipes and will make you a meal plan. I always feel like I am pigging out when I do ediets but I realize that in my desire to lose weight sometimes I restrict too much and then I am lowering my metabolism.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  12:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Heather I have a site that is free and so wonderful. It has videos and a journal to help you keep track of what you eat. Sometimes its not so much what you eat but how much of it you eat. Keeping a journal will really help you understand how many calories you consume in a days time. I was amazed when I first tried it. There are so many great 10 min. exercise videos you can squeeze into your day and they're fun too. My biggest problem with my weight gain has been fibromyalgia. Everytime I try to start a decent workout I have a major flare up and it knocks me down. I think you'll love this site. http://www.sparkpeople.com
I hope this will help you :)

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  06:03:18 AM  Show Profile
yep Heather Im right there with ya, I am 38 and weigh about 220 wear a size 20. I was always little until I had kids but Im like you my boys that are at home 15 & 12 eat all the time and I cant cook two different meal nor could I afford too. I hardly ever excerise cause I hate to do it by myself. Sure wish we lived closer maybe we could motive each other! I will do my best from here though. Do you like tuna? I know at one time I lost 40lbs just eating tuna for luch then eating a reasonable dinner. I hardly ever eat bread or potatoes, rice on ocassions. I have tried so many diets but nothing ever works. I hope you find something that works for you! I am going to look at some of these sites the girl have suggested. Also have you ever heard of Natures Seasoning? I use it on my veggies and it is really good and has 0 calories. Good luck! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  06:46:17 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Not a big tuna fan..I had some bad tuna onboard ship once and I can't look at it anymore. I do like chicken though...and the occasional steak. I have decided to eat a HUGE salad at lunch time and I found some low fat, natural ranch dressing that is pretty good. I don't smother my vegetables, I just need that taste. It is $5 a bottle from the health food store but so worth it to me. Never heard of Natures seasonings. Will look for it. We can virtually motivate each other. This morning I had 3 egg whites scrambled and 2 slices of bacon and some blueberries and a large glass of water, which I am still working on. I had to have a little coffee to wean myself off or else I will get a migraine. I am really interested in the healing power of food and I am googling a lot of sites. Thanks for the encouragement. I used to be able to lose weight so easily and now I can't lose an ounce. UGH!!!

Heather

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  09:11:49 AM  Show Profile
Here's another idea for you, do the dinner supper thing, inother words, have your big meal of the day at lunch, small meal at dinner time, and only by 6pm, then a piece of fruit by 8pm for a snack

Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  10:33:55 AM  Show Profile
You have been given some great ideas. I totally agree with cut the sugar cut the high glycemic index carbs. Such as bread,rice, pasta, potatoes - eat NONE of those only a little of corn. One of the worst things people do is dribble our sugars all day. I mean sip on a soft drink or sweet tea all day as that triggers our fat builder every time by the way it triggers the glucose.

But the big thing I wanted to say is that I just stated selling a undergarment that is so absolutely wonderful. I have been wearing it myself for 2 months. It is called a Body Magic and it is very supportive of my back, lifts my "girls" up where they once were, and is very snug support for my middle. The result of the last thing is that you cannot eat very much when wearing it. The slogan used to sell the garment is Lose 3 Sizes in 10 Minutes. And it does work. People are always saying to me that I must be losing so much weight. And I am but it also changes my shape too.

Heather, are you in the Houston area? I have a friend down there who owns a Health Food store and she sells them.
LaVonna

www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com

http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  10:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
No, I am up in TN right now. Does your friend have a website???

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  11:02:00 AM  Show Profile
The only thing that helps me lose weight is to write down every single thing that goes in my mouth! I tend to be a "grazer", and it is so easy to eat more than I need to. But, when I write it down, it makes me much more aware of what, AND how much, I am actually consuming.

Jennifer
Farmgirl Sister #104

"Nature brings to every time and season some beauties of its own".
-Charles Dickens
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  1:25:36 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
It is listed on my windsong website. If you want to go direct to my site for them type in www.ardysslife.com/lavonna then go to the reshapers and check out the Body Magic. Do not order til you have talked to me about sizes though. It is pricey but I just rinse mine out every night and hang it in the shower and it is dry by morning- so I just have one. And I am listed on the Farmgirl co op and I give discounts. But as I said I need to help you determine the right size.
LaVonna

www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com

http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  4:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I'm right there with ya. 30 and 250. I know just how you feel. I do believe alot of it is mindset. I got so frustrated wtih myself last fall. Not becuase of looks, but the way I felt. I was miserable, had no energy, irritable, you name it. I had kicked smoking and was sure I could muster up the will power to kick my eating habits into better shape too. I started with cutting out all sugar. I gave myself a week or so to adjust to that and then I cut out all caffeine. Oh yeah the headaches were bad but after a week they subsided. I dropped 25 pounds in a month. I was feeling good and then it happened. I fell off the wagon around the holidays and can't seem to get the will power back to jump on. Other than cutting out sugar and caffeine I also made myself stick to a 1500 calories a day. It doesn't sound like much but when you feel that with fruits and veggies, you really can eat alot of food.

On days that I worked I started with a pretty decent sized breakfast. I am not a breakfast person so this was another adjustment for me. But I burn alot of energy cleaning homes and an apartment complex so I felt I had to get used to this "substantial" breakfast or I would cave in halfway through the day and get a candy bar or something loaded with fat at the convenience store. Breakfast was usually like a bowl of oatmeal, some kind of fruit, and a glass of skim milk. I also drank lots of water throughout the day.

Oh yes I have three kiddos that went on the "diet" with me. Not that they knew they were. It's just they didn't get junk foods or sodas either. And we ate mostly everyday foods, I was just more careful about the way I prepared them and my portion sizes. As far as the kids go, the one thing I cut out of thier diet was processed foods: chicken nuggets and what not. They were a little crabby at first but they eventually gave it up. Even though I fell off the diet I still refuse to buy chicken nuggets.

And I totally agree with you and Karen we need to try to motivate and inspire each other in our new journey! I wonder if we should start another thread, like a check in thread. Someplace we could go and say how our day is going. Tell if we are having a good day or say "Hey I need help I'm gonna crash!" Just an idea.

Hugs~Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  7:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I have put back on some of the weight I lost too. I know what my problem is I just stopped watching what I ate. It really is true that you have to make it a lifestyle change. Smaller portions for sure, but healthier food in general. I usaually eat a lot of veggies which I love, I like chicken and lean boneless pork chops. I love fish. But my problem is I adore sweets. I just have to pretty much totally give them up. If I let myself have one thing, I am a goner and just make up for lost time. Instead of feeling deprived, I try and make myself feel proud that I am eating something and doing something good for me. I deserve it, and why oh why do we always put everyone else before ourselves. It sure wouldn't hurt Scott or Charlie to eat more healthy things either. I quit smoking years ago and I know a lot of the extra pounds came from substituting sweets for cigarettes. You can quit smoking or drinking completely, but you can't quit eating. So all we can do is try our very best to make good choices our lifestyle. If we fall off the wagon get up and jump back on. No sense in being depressed or angry, just start over again. I know you can do it. I know I can do it we just have to dedicate ourselves to it.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  12:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Have any of you ever heard of or done Oxycise? It' a 15 minute workout and its all about breathing. I know it sounds weird and stuff, but the lady who did it had 4 kids and is a size 8. A lot of people have lost a lot of weight doing this. Since I very bad at explaning things I will post the wesite and you ladies can read about it. www.oxycise.com Me and my mom do this and we have lost a lot of weight and feel great. Although I must tell you that we have not done it in a while. So many things have come up in the last 2 months that we have not found time.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  1:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sorry shes a size 6 and had 4 kids. Please do read about it.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Ok..HELP....Help HELP!!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page