Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Tubal Ligation & Pre Mature Menopause?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Tubal Ligation & Pre Mature Menopause? Next Topic  

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  07:46:14 AM  Show Profile
I have a friend that brought this to my attention a little over a year ago, and at the time, though I was experiencing some of the symptoms, I really didn't concider myself a candidate for Pre Mature menopause.....

My friend even presented me with a stack of case studies that her OBGYN gave her..which basically was just a bunch of un named women that were having menopuase symptoms withing 1 to 4 years after a tubal ligation

I can see where since having your tubes tied is a very unnatural thing, that it can really mess up some things and mess with mother nature....

For about 8 months I have been having terrible night sweats...and since I had my tubal my libido is non existant, and I have been experiencing what I guess alot of women are calling this PMDD...I turn into a MONSTER, ok, the most EMOTIONAL MONSTER ever known to man right before my cycle, for about the last 5 - 6 cycles...where as, before my tubal, I just had mild PMS, and most months, no PMS issues at all...

Anyhow, was just wondering if anyone else has heard of this or is experiencing this, and If any of you even believe that a tubal ligation can really throw a body into premature menopuse?

I'm only 29, and quite honestly, night sweats, premenstrual "Monster" syndrome, non existant libido, and all my other little issues leads me to believe that there is quite a bit of truth to this...

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com

ranchmama
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Elise
Rosebud MT
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  09:35:49 AM  Show Profile
Glad you brough this up... I'm thinking of having this done after this babe, 4 is enough. But I don't know any of the information out there. Haven't talked to my doctor about it yet. All those side effects and symptoms don't sound like fun tho..

Elise

Every Child Deserves Our Love &
A Bear of Their Own
http://ATeddyForKeeps.org

http://ranchmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  10:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I'm 30. Had my tubes tied almost 8 years ago. I guess the main thing I have noticed is hot flashes, but I can usually control them by watching what I eat.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Daisyheart
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Linda
Macon Ga
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  12:15:16 PM  Show Profile
I had my tubal ligation when I was 21 yrs old and the only problem I had was heavy bleeding and cramps (like before I took the pill) I used to work with an Endocrinologist who told me that hot flashes happen to everyone, even men, so its not just a woman's problem. That said, when I had my hysterectomy at 35 yrs old, the hot flashes, night sweats and moodiness was horrid! I haven't heard much about premature menopause other than with surgery, but I can understand how it might happen to some women. I HAVE heard that women who start their periods early will often have an earlier menopause. Good luck, Sweetie.
Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  1:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
I am 54 now and had my tubes tied when I was 21. I had always said I had gone through menopause afterwards and the PMDD I had'nt heard of back then, but I use to tell my husband to chain me to a tree because I felt I would go out and kill something. I know this sounds bizarre, but I truly felt mad (crazy) and did'nt know why. Drs. back then had no explaination for it, neither did they believe my symptoms were pre menopausal. Now that I am going through menopause I do know that is what happened after my tubaligation also. I just have'nt had the PMDD symptoms since then. They lasted about 3 years off and on for me. Good luck with it and I'm sure now that doctors are aware of these symptoms ,they surely have pills for them.

Gail
Farmgirl #486
Planting Zone 5
http://grammasladybug.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  2:34:10 PM  Show Profile
I find this an interesting topic, because there is always such a wide variety of opinions. I am expecting right now, but the thought has briefly crossed my mind to have this done. Having talked to different ones about it previously, the only thing I could really know for certain is that everyone's body acts differently to different things. Like with pregnancy, some women have a wonderful time and feel their bests, others have a horrible time and want to die. (I kid you not!) My Aunt had this done after just having her one child and says she never had any side effects until menopause started.
Then, on the other hand, my cousin, having had it done said the hot flashes, night sweats, and period were horrendous.
I think its one of those things to talk over with your dr who knows your history. Maybe he would know a little more of how your body might react based on your own body makeup and history. :D
hugs and prayers for your decison :D

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  3:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Had it done in my late twenty's. No problems. No menopause until I was 57. My oldest daughter had it done, no problems. In fact anyone I know who has had this done has not mentioned any problems. So this is the first I have heard of this.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  06:58:19 AM  Show Profile
I just had mine 2 weeks ago. It has been horrendous! I highly recommend men getting vasectomy's over doing this. I have been nauseous every night since and waking up with night sweats. They keep telling me it's my hormones still trying to deal. I've been bleeding since then as well.

Blessings!
~Farrah

www.oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  07:37:53 AM  Show Profile
I've never heard of this. I had a tubal after my son, 20 years ago and only recently have I had what I thought was menopause symptoms.

Winona ;-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Peacebird
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Marianne
Afton Va
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  11:50:54 AM  Show Profile
i had it done in my late twenties and didn't enter perimenopause til over a decade later. I don't understand how a tubal could cause menopause - you still have your eggs, ovaries, and everything......? Susun Weed has a wonderful book about menopause - "New Menopausal Years, The Wise Woman Way: Alternative Approaches for Women 30-90 (Wise Woman Herbal Series, Book 5) (Wise Woman Ways)"

Farmgirl Sister #661

chickens clucking, bees buzzing, flowers blooming, all is good!
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  12:17:23 PM  Show Profile
I had mine done 13 yrs ago. I was before a really scary thing and was after so I don't think I can link the two in my case. I could make my head spin all the way around. Hee Hee. I have just recently had my thyroid zapped by radioactive Iodine for heart and all sorts of health problems I am also on high blood pressure meds. Believe it or not I am almost a normal person all month long now. Thyroids do funny things to your body when they are out of wack

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Tubal Ligation & Pre Mature Menopause? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page