suzifire
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Suzi
Denton N.C.
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  8:13:15 PM  Show Profile
AFter damaging & losing my big toenail in an accident many years ago, it never fully recovered & as it regrew became victim to nail fungus...After hiding it & suffering with it for several years, I found that I could remove the surface to get down to regular nail...I grabbed my tea tree oil & rubbed it into the nail bed & cuticle. Did that everyday for 3 or 4 days & have seen no signs of the fungus recurring! Please let me know if you try it & it works for you.

"I want a world that is sane & just & clean & I am willing to do my part to make it so"

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  8:23:16 PM  Show Profile
I use tea tree oil for all kinds of things and I have used it on nail fungus before. I think it works. My fungus on my toenail will come back if I wear mud boots that my feet sweat in too much. So I try to keep my feet aired out and dry as possible. We use tea tree oil on cold sores too.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  8:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is a great use for Tea Tree oil! I love tea tree oil. I just gave my bottle of it to my niece to use on her zits.

Sharlet- have you rinsed your muck boots out with straight vinegar and then let them dry? Your boots might be re-infecting your feet. The vinegar should kill any left over fungus in the boots.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  8:30:05 PM  Show Profile
You know Alee, I never thought of that. I will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
Go to Top of Page

suzifire
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Suzi
Denton N.C.
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  05:18:48 AM  Show Profile
I even put a few drops of Tea Tree Oil in my laundry rinse cycle in lieu of bleach for disinfecting

"I want a world that is sane & just & clean & I am willing to do my part to make it so"
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  07:09:10 AM  Show Profile
It works great in mop water too; a wonderful disinfectant and safe enough for the babies to crawl around on afterwards instead of those yucky harsh chemicals.
Suzi--I've done it in the wash before too. Talk about some nice bright whites!! :D

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  07:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Glad to help, Sharlet! I hope that cures the re-infection issue!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  7:41:30 PM  Show Profile
I've used the tea tree oil for nail fungus - especially on my big toe - but the recommendation I got was that you need to continue the treatment for an extended period of time - twice a day treatments for up to a year. I did use it, but wasn't faithful enough. After two years I finally visited the dr. and got a topical nail-polish-like medication. The difference between the tea tree oil and the nail polish is that the nail polish sticks, so if you miss a day or two, it keeps working. I've been working on it for about 6 months and the fungus-y part of the nail is almost grown out now.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  6:03:05 PM  Show Profile
We tried tea tree oil for toenail fungus and it caused a reaction. Very bad rash. Had to go to dr. for that and ended up getting topical stuff that didn't work. Using bleach in your wash feeds the yeast that causes nail fungus. Also eating sugary things feeds the yeast. It starts from the inside, that is why they use pills now but we chose not to go that route as it has an effect on the liver.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  09:17:43 AM  Show Profile
I had been using an over the counter medicine for my toenail fungus for a year with very poor results, and recently my doctor suggested a big glob of Vicks Vapor Rub instead. She says the results should be better but will still take several months. She says between the vaseline base and the menthol that will kill the fungus. I plan to try the tea tree oil, I like that smell better.

how sweet it is to love some one, how right itis to care
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  04:12:01 AM  Show Profile
It is good to see all these posts. I bought Tea Tree Oil a couple of weeks ago for just this use! And, to use in my soaps, but since I had learned that it was an anti-fungal I thought it would be a worth a try! I have had this problem for years, so we'll see. As soon as my toe nail polish is off after the hot weather, I'll try it out.

Brenda

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  11:30:16 AM  Show Profile
I worked in a pharmacy for years and people would come in and tell me about the side effects from all of the prescriptions and their dissapointments with over-the-counter stuff. But one little old lady came in and asked for a bottle of clear iodine.I asked her what she used it for, since you had to sign for it back then. She said her Dr. told her to use it faithfully on her toenail fungus. So I have used both tea tree and clear iodine(not together)alternate every other day, and have had good results.Watch the iodine drips though,it stains even though it's clear. Let it dry completely before putting on socks. Good luck and be patient. Fungus is tough!

Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  4:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
I clipped an article from a doctor, but don't have a scanner to copy it here; his recommendation was to use Vicks Vapor Rub, and like some of the posts above, to use it consistently, over time, to get results. I'm using it and the toenail is nearly normal again.

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16

Edited by - MasterGardener on Oct 17 2009 4:12:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  5:32:52 PM  Show Profile
Chandra...do u put it on thick, rub it in real good, put on socks to keep it from getting all over everything? And how long have you had yours? Just interested in all the methods that work.
Judy

Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  6:04:12 PM  Show Profile
Chandra,
I would be interested in just how you use it too!
thanks.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  07:11:14 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Dr. Peter H. Gott, M.D. says, " Remember the key element: to reduce the infected portions of nail as much as possible, by trimming, cliping or filing the yellow, thickened nail, and removing as much of the fungal debris under the nail as you can. Then, as the nail grows out, continue to trim away the affected potion. clean away the nail, and be patient. He says it's a twice-daily application of Vicks VapoRub.
What I do is after bathing, when the nails are soft, clean out as directed above, take a little bit of the VapoRub and pull from the underside of the nail, into the area between the toe and nail, then just work it in, massaging it. It isn't goopy because it's worked into the whole area of the nail and under the affected area. I don't notice it leaving any residue in sheets or such, because it's really worked into the toenail. I've used it for several months and notice the toe nail has flattened because the fungus has diminished and I just keep applying it as I remember to do it, I'm not as consistent as I should be so it's probably not as dramatic results as some people. Hope this info helps...

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  2:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Chandra! That is usually something that everyone has in the medicine cabinet too. Good to know. Thanks again!

Judy

Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  4:12:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey Carol & Chandra...since I last posted...my toenails are looking great. Very pink and no more ragged edges. By spring they ought to be perfectly normal. I've told my family about this too. Thanks so much!

Farmgirl Sister# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 02 2010 4:18:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  6:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Tea Tree oil is what the Australian army uses for toe-nail fungus. I worked as an aromatherapist for several years and if you are dedicated Tea Tree oil is excellent for fungus. I did find however that if you mix myrrh with it. If you wanted to cover all your basis you could mix tea tree oil and myrrh in with your vicks vaporub. You need a carrier for the tea tree anyway so why not use the vaporub. But, you do have to do it everyday for several months.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  8:07:47 PM  Show Profile
My daughter has one spot of ringworm on her leg, I plan on using TTO on it to see if it will do the trick. It is great stuff!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  6:39:56 PM  Show Profile
The only EO company that states you can take EO internally is Young Living. You should never take them internally unless you are a trained aromatherapist and then you really really have to know what you are doing. You can tell if an essential oil is pure by putting a drop on a piece of white paper and letting it dry. If it is pure there will be no spot left behind. If it isn't pure you will get an oily spot. Of course if the oil is one of the brown or blue ones you will have a spot of color but it won't be oily. Essential oils can be very dangerous so you must be careful. Also, read more than one source for your information. Never believe only one source. There are alot of books you can read and alot of information available on the internet. Please read and research before taking one source for your information.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  10:05:13 AM  Show Profile
Yes EO's are very powerful. I have three certifications myself including one from Australia for equine therapy, and one from The Chelsea Clinic in Scotland and have been using it as a therapist for 16 years. If you are seeing a certified therapist and they suggest you take it internally then that is one thing. But for the lay person to do it is not safe. I don't think I need your help finding me a class though thanks. I still suggest that no lay person take EO's internally without doing alot of research and seeing a therapist or more than one therapist. There are alot of therapists out there that are unsafe. I disagree that adding things to the oils before you use them is unnecessary. You just have to be sure that what you are adding is a natural and unadulterated as your oils. Anyone applying oils directly to the skin is asking for trouble. Unless you are highly trained you should "NEVER" apply oils (with the exception of lavender and tea tree) directly to the skin or ingest it.
Also, it is easy for anyone to claim Therapeutic Grade oils. That doesn't necessarily mean they are since there are no regulations. People need to understand that they have to be careful. Anyone can through around names and make claims but well a name doesn't keep someone safe. Safety means learning, doing research for yourself and not believing something just because someone through around a big name. Do your own research, more than one book, web-site, therapist etc. There is alot of miss information out there and dangerous therapists. I ran into one years ago the suggested pouting a whole bottle of oil in a bath tub full of hot water and sitting in it for hours.
Do Your Own Research.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

2quilter
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Patricia
Greenwood IN
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  5:32:18 PM  Show Profile
will TTO (or some other EO, etc.) work for psoriasis? My DH has had a very bad case of cracked/peeling/itching/painful palms for over a year, he's been to doctor who spent 30 seconds with him and said he had a vitamin D deficiency (he's very light complected w/used-to-be red hair)and is allergic to milk....he doesn't have health insurance and didn't have the $$ to go through the barrage of tests at a out of pocket cost of $1,000+....I feel so badly for him, sometimes they just bleed from the cracks....he puts vaseline on them (sometimes) but he's at a loss for what to do to make it go away, it never really seems to get better, just break open, crack, flake off, etc. Any farmgirl suggestions out there? How can he tell if a fungus or something else? Nothing really matches on the internet, the closest thing looks like psoriasis.....thanks!

When life hands you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

FaithIrene
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Faith Irene
Beautiful Tennessee
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  7:13:03 PM  Show Profile

Well... I guess a year or so ago I was told about the Mary Jane's farm girls and thought "Oh, how neat."
With a lot of enthusiasm I checked it out and joined right in! I posted a couple of threads about alarming issues and concerns that I had. I was genuinely disturbed and thought like-minded farm girls may want to know and do their part to inform others and stand up.

And then when several threads were started and questions asked that involved the
use of essential oils, I jumped right in. As a Nationally Certified Clinical Aromatherapist from possibly the most respected Clinical Aromatherapy Institute in the U.S., I gave answers and comments based on my own personal and client experiences.

As a licensed massage therapist and healing touch practitioner, I use therapeutic grade essential oils on a daily basis and have for many years. I have a healing ministry that has helped my 90 year old Dad as well as many clients, including geriatric clients in assisted-living healthcare centers, retirements centers, nursing homes, hospitals, hospice patients, hospice centers, etc.

As a widow of a United Methodist minister I use essential oils for anointing at church, for blessing of the hands in service to God, for blessing family care-givers in preparation for their task ahead, anointing the patient as they pass from here to Glory, and more.

The information I offer here on Mary Jane's comes from a sincere feeling of deep responsibility to share with others what I KNOW to be as fact.

I naively thought this was about women encouraging women, sharing ideas, information, and knowledge, you know like... Kindred Spirits!
With disappointment, I realize that this is NOT what these forums are about.

But what I have found the farm girls to be more about is ... "posts being stepped on," being unnecessarily argumentative, a bit clique-y , posts being shut down
and shut out.

So...I will depart Mary Jane's and leave you with this scripture...

"And when you go into a household, greet it.
If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it.
But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you.
And whoever will not receive you, nor hear your words, when you depart from
that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet." Matthew 10:12-14

Shake, Shake.

]

Edited by - FaithIrene on Feb 09 2010 7:15:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  09:15:21 AM  Show Profile
I lost a toenail once and it never grew in the same again until I tried the tee tree oil and your right it works beautifully.
Go to Top of Page

Bart
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

115 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  11:26:22 AM  Show Profile
For the best evah! cure for foot fungus - - - 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 listerine - soak your feet EVERY day (once a day) Your feet will amaze you. I've seen so many happy, cured cases it's unbelievable.

If you have diabetes and any persistant sores on your feet, contact your physician to approve this treatment.
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic curing nail fungus..naturally Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page