Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Warning-Appliances made in China
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Warning-Appliances made in China Next Topic  

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  05:35:04 AM  Show Profile
I was just reading the postings on "Pet Peeves". Well my pet peeve really turned into a Warning! I have always bought Black & Decker power tools and never had a problem with them. So when I needed to replace my iron years ago I bought a B & D just to try it out and it lasted about 15 years. So when I went to replace it last year of course I got another B & D. Within a couple months the cord shorted out and blew black smoke and I had to replace it. Barely six months go by and it happens again!! I told my husband almost in jest "they must be making these in China now!!" So when I went to get a new one I looked and OMG guess where they are made??? Every iron on the shelf was made there. Not one from the USA! So I have no iron till I find one not made there. My Kitchen Aid coffee maker was recalled due to them catching on fire. It was only a few months old and the replacement they gave me went out 8 months later. Over a $150 out the window. I am now using my mom's 1950's percolator that works like it's brand new. I have to look up where Kitchen Aid makes their coffee makers now just to see. Stuff from China, not only doesn't last but it can burn our house's down. I'm on a quest to not buy anything from China, but it is HARDER than I thought it would be. No wonder we have no JOBS for Americans.

OK, I'm getting off my soap box now. I need to go drink some "Calm" LOL
Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  06:53:13 AM  Show Profile
lehmans.com has two that they sell that are both made in the USA. But, they're not electric. One is a butane iron and the other is a sad iron that you heat on your stovetop.
I can bet if you're trying to find one that is juat a regular plug in, you'd be hard pressed to find one not made overseas.

You can visit my blog at www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  06:57:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I think I may have found another! http://www.oreck.com/small-home-appliances/iron1.cfm
You could call them, toll free, or they have a way to chat live on their home page http://www.oreck.com/ just to verify that they are infact made in the USA.

You can visit my blog at www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  07:19:02 AM  Show Profile
Ugh! Stupid politicians!

~~Cherry~~