Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Fashion
 Do you have a beauty routine?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Do you have a beauty routine? Next Topic  

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  11:01:45 PM  Show Profile
Do you do the same things every day and every week to "maintain" yourself? I am pretty set in my daily routine of cleansing,moisturizing, dental care, etc., but I have really tough feet and would like to establish a weekly routine to soften up those hard "hooves". My husband says I could hammer nails in with my heels! (and of course his feet are as soft as a baby's) I go barefoot a lot, so I imagine that has something to do with it, but any ideas on an effective foot care routine?

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  11:46:20 PM  Show Profile
Boy do I have the same foot problem this time of year!!! I keep meaning to "get on that" and haven't done a thing.
As far as beauty routine...just soap and water and burt's bees ageless eyecream morning and night..thats it. I have pretty good skin for my age. I don't wear much makeup...eyeliner pencil and mascara and thats it. I don't spend alot of time on that. My hair takes a little more time, only because it is long and wavy and thick...but still, no coloring, no styling or anything fancy so it isn't much either...
but the foot thing...I need to get on that.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  12:03:43 AM  Show Profile
Soak your feet in some warm sudsy water, add nice aroma and your feet will feel better. Use a file to "scrape" of the hard parts of the heels. WONDERFUL to treat yourself after a hard day's work, lol. It might not get all the hard stuff off at once, but your feet will love you anyways ;)
OH also lather on a lot of nice cream afterwards, wear cotton socks when you go to bed to let it soak in.

my morning routine at the moment: put on a robe, go down stairs, give Pinky her breakfast, shower etc. make coffee . Go to the couch, drink coffee then check email and here :)Put on day cream/moisturizer, Put on lipstick. That's all the make up I wear. NO foundation, eyeshadow etc., because my face breaks out too easily. Is awful right now as well, yikes (stress does that to me)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Edited by - dutchy on Jul 17 2009 12:05:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  07:08:17 AM  Show Profile
In the 60's as a child I cut out "Natural Beauty Aids From Your Kitchen or Pantry" from I think a Woman's Day magazine. I still have them to this day and use them. My favorite is Strawberries & Cream Astringent for my face.
But I'm a bare foot gal so I have a real thing about keeping my feet smooth as silk. I keep a stone scrubber in the tub. It has a long handle, one side has large grit and the other is fine grain. I use it every day. Weather in the shower or a bath just before I get out I use the rough side on heels and bottom of my toes then flip it over and buff them with the fine side. Dry off and always sit on the toilet so I can rub lotion into them and my elbows.
Then once a month, while watching a movie I fill my enamelware wash basin with hot water and oatmeal, let my feet soak, use the stone if needed and then an exfoliate with raw sugar mixed in olive oil, let them soak some more, then dry and rub in lotion. Never missed a bit of the movie. LOL I keep them painted hot pink year round.
Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  07:24:54 AM  Show Profile
If you want a neat way to soften that skin try a thick mixture of Papaya and Pineapple. Those fruits contain enzymes that break down dead skin. It's the same prinicple I used in my peels as an esthetician. Kinda like an AHA peel. What I'd do is mash up the fruit with something gritty, I've used sand, salt and sugar before. Literally slather the stuff on your feet and place a baggie (bread bag will do) on each foot. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes then massage it in. Then take a pumice and slough off whatever else you can. Try this for a few weeks and see how it goes.

I'm a bit over the top as I'm a beauty school grad, and skin is my thing. Plus I love the medical aspect of taking care of my skin as it IS the largest organ of the body and the most overlooked. I cleanse with an oil based product - even though I have oily skin. It's based on homeopathy that like cures like. Oil with attract oil. I always use a toner, and sunscreen. And nothing but mineral makeup for my face. At night I cleanse again, tone and use a heavier serum type solution before bed. And I always always always remove my makeup before bed. I heard that for everytime one goes to bed with makeup on, their skin ages 5-7 days! Yikes!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~

Edited by - deeredawn on Jul 17 2009 4:50:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  07:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Wash with anti-aging creamy wash at night, toner, eye gel, heavy moisturizer cream...

Daily- in shower, I am half Italian, so keeping...ahem...hair at bay is a full time job. I use a yummy Margarita smelling scrub on my whole body, shave and then slough my feet. Get out, SLATHER on thick moisturizer and put on my cruddy, old bathrobe and let it all soak in. I do my hair and by the time I am done, I am soft and cuddly.

As far as makeup, I am a true Texas gal who always has my "eyes" on- mascara and liner, I use a littel pink lip gloss and some mineral powder and out the door I go.

I mani-pedi once a week or sometimes, I treat myself and go to the salon. It is well worth the money because I have a hard time painting my toes with paiting the whole wall and floor. And I love the massage part and I admit, the gossip.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Edited by - catscharm74 on Jul 17 2009 08:01:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  08:22:58 AM  Show Profile
I have pretty decent skin and all I use is baby soap and water. I use a grapeseed moisturizer and sunscreen.

I get pretty dry feet and I use Pretty Feet and Hands to get off the dead skin and I swear by Gold Bond Healing lotion with aloe. It helps keep feet in good shape year round.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  11:55:45 AM  Show Profile
Wow, the feet are the rub in this group of girls, I see....I too, have yuk feet. I won't even go get a pedicure because I'm too embarrassed!!! As a dancer, too many years in pointe shoes has my toes, nails and callouses pretty beat. My husband, on the other hand, has beautiful feet. Grr...

Well, I will try that thing Dawn mentioned. I sure do hate that feel of plastic on my skin with something wet, but I'll do my best :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  6:51:12 PM  Show Profile
Use melody's healing salve on your feet after using a ped egg and wear cotton socks over all at bedtime, her healing salve is a miracle worker. If you use it on your nails and cuticles stand back, your nails will grow!

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  11:22:50 AM  Show Profile
My family lived in Florida for a long time and so dry cracked feet were the bane of my mother's life.......... she taught me to do this before bed: Wash and dry your feet, and then apply a thick amount of Vaseline all over them. Then put on cotton socks for the night. She swears it works.
Mary Kay brand has some new foot scrubby stuff. I tried it and it was okay.
Go to Top of Page

DivaHick
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Megan
Alliance OH
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  08:41:45 AM  Show Profile
I actually use Bag Balm. You know, the stuff you buy at Tractor Supply for the cows? Yep. It has a million uses, and my favorite is my nasty cracked heels and DH's sandpaper elbows (when he's not looking).

Yes I play the spoons, but I do it with perfectly manicured nails...
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  09:04:40 AM  Show Profile
morning shower,Burts Bees facial wash,I'm on & off again with the moisturizing but I use a handmade goats milk soap and body cream that's made by a lady on the east coast. Make-up is eyeliner,shadow & mascara as well as under eye cover up. (naturally dark circles) If I'm not going out,the makeup doesn't go on. Lets see-sunblock whenever I go outside,foot cream this time of year,I quit dying my hair as the gray is strong enough now that the dye wears off on my bangs in a week, & I felt like I was throwing $$$ away. Light colored lip gloss (burts bees again!)
DivaHick,you really play spoons?

http://www.mandochicks.com
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
Go to Top of Page

DivaHick
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Megan
Alliance OH
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  05:22:53 AM  Show Profile
Yes I can... I haven't much recentally... It's among the myraid of useless instruments I can play. :D

Yes I play the spoons, but I do it with perfectly manicured nails...
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  06:53:27 AM  Show Profile
As far as my beauty routine I'm very basic. I wash my face at night with Philosophy cleanser. I put tea tree oil on any blemishes as needed. I do not moisturize my face unless I'm peeling from the sun or it's dry in winter. I use Clinique yellow moisturizer when I do. As for the feet I have the same issue. The trick is to go twice a year for pedicures when they shave off the calluses. For the rest of the time sleep with Vaseline and socks on your feet.

Blessings!
~Farrah

www.oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  1:43:14 PM  Show Profile
For callused feet go buy Aqua Glycolic lotion to put on your feet day and night. It works fast at loosening the rough skin so you can scrub it off in the shower with one of those foot stones.

I love homemade beauty treatments. Most of them have been mentioned on the site, but I also like a natural store bought brand called Dermae. It's a little pricey so I buy the things I like off Amazon.com (way cheaper). This skin care line has changed my life, my skin looks and feels so pretty now. I also like Burt's Bee products. In the colder months I Love Their Orange essence facial cleanser, and their Replenishing lip balm with Pomegranate oil. I also use coconut oil on my skin, it only takes a little bit and it has worked miracles on my skin from the neck down. The only problem with using coconut oil is if you have pets they will chase you around the house trying lick it off you - it's so funny. I have curly hair and I've had good results from Aubrey Organics moisturizing Jelly and B-5 Design Gel. I also wash with Dr. Bronner's unscented soap and brush my teeth with Tooth Soap by perfect prescription.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  05:49:30 AM  Show Profile
The Ped Egg they sell at the drug store and on tv is amazing!

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  1:22:05 PM  Show Profile
the aqua glycolic/ped egg combo works wonders for the feet!I had to do something because dear hubby asked why I was wearing wool socks to bed one night and I had to inform him I wasn't wearing socks...apparently that was my wake-up call to start taking better care of my feet
Dana

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on May 29 2010 1:24:05 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Do you have a beauty routine? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page