Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Tie One On - sign up and join the "movement"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Tie One On - sign up and join the "movement" Next Topic
Page: of 4

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  11:02:40 AM  Show Profile
Any type of apron you want to make would be great!! My nieces and I will be working on aprons over the next couple of weeks. Mine will be pretty, but not frilly. But I'm sure my nieces will want to add lace, ribbons, and all kinds of things to their aprons. :)

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

GiGi58
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Gayle
Billings Montana
USA
71 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  11:16:49 PM  Show Profile
Gosh, I am always a day late and dollar short, but I would love to participate in this. I have been wanting to do some volunteer work or something in that order, but have had major foot reconstruction and can't really go a lot of places, but this is something I can do and have someone take me to hand it to the person. It would be so absolutely awesome! And, if it's not too late, Alee, I would love to get a couple of magazines, too.

Thanks for the opportunity to give!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain"
http://gigisdenofuniquewitty.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sisterhood #198
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  06:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
HI Gayle! Sure! Can you send me your address and I will forward it to the Farm? Thanks!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  12:34:41 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee!! And thanks to everyone who has signed up to participate in this. I'm so excited!!!!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

GiGi58
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Gayle
Billings Montana
USA
71 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  3:18:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Alee. I sent the information. Hope you got it!

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Have a great day and evening!

Gayle

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain"
http://gigisdenofuniquewitty.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sisterhood #198
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  7:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Got it Gayle! I will forward it on to the Farm ASAP!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  2:26:08 PM  Show Profile
I cannot believe Thanksgiving is only about 6 days away!!! Over this last weekend I returned from a business trip and worked with my nieces on their aprons. My youngest niece picked out the cutest fabric with turkeys on it for her "Tie-One-On" apron. It is adorable!! I will be working double time to get mine finished this weekend as well. I do not know where the time goes, but I certainly do wish there was more of it. :)

Hope everyone is enjoying getting their aprons ready and planning who to give their Tie-One-On aprons and bread to. I am looking forward to sharing and reading the stories of how everyones deliveries go.

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  3:50:52 PM  Show Profile
well- I started out making one for a friend at my church, her husband lost his job and I know they are going thru a tough time- I was going to stop there, but a very dear friend lost her mother 2 weeks ago so I made an apron for her and her 6 yr old daughter- matching fall fabric, I will make bread Tuesday and deliver on Wednesday. who knows maybe I will be lead to make another. I am so thankful Sarah that you shared Tie One On with us!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  11:01:23 PM  Show Profile
hey Alee,
count me in too!
I have 3 elderly neighbors that I will be doing the "drop-n-dash"....wrapped goodies for.
It's fun to leave an apron filled with love & homebaked goodies.
One of the goodies is for an elderly man so his will come wrapped in a dish towel and the other two will be wrapped in aprons....I have to get started as Thanksgiving is now only 7 days off....At this point I am thinking Scones and a jar of my homemade peach jam and some of my Lavender & chocolate mint tea all wrapped up & in a basket or maybe if I can get a sew day in, in the next few days I will stitch up fabric "gift" bags w/handles that can be used as market totes afterwards.....
apron hugz

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  06:53:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds great Grace! Send me your address please so I can forward it to the farm!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  08:01:07 AM  Show Profile
I can't wait to hear about this when you guys share your stories. I wish I could participate but I may do a drop-n-dash to my neighbors as a goodwill gesture if I can.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher
Go to Top of Page

Babyroll
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Kasi
Topeka KS
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  08:35:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Babyroll an AOL message  Send Babyroll a Yahoo! Message
I love this idea. I have made my list of people to give to. Heading to the fabric store after work to get started. Thanks for passign this on.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  9:15:03 PM  Show Profile
What is so great about this is not only the giving but we can print our own badge to wear that day from her website. It's so fun!

Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  06:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I have my sourdough bread started and a couple aprons made up. I think that this is such a fun project. We made it a chapter challege here in Prosser... I cant wait to hear all the stories as well. I think that holidays are most special when we are on the giving end of them.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  9:50:35 PM  Show Profile
2 Aprons done, check,
1 dish towel, check
stash of Huckleberries in freezer, check
ingredients for muffins, check
camera battery charged up, check
Some "goodies" included in the gifts, check
Monday & Tuesday....bake, wrap & deliever.....
I will be posting both here & on my blog....
I can hardly wait.....
What great feeling to share happiness with others.....
p.s.,
2 of the apron wrapped goodies will each have a copy of a MJF magazine....hmm, maybe I should include some hot cocoa mix & a mug so my elderly neighbor ladies can relax, sipp on hot cocoa & read their MJF magazine.

Edited by - katmom on Nov 20 2009 10:07:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  11:13:47 PM  Show Profile
ok, here is the 1st apron of goodies......I am starting to put everything together.....

Each wrapped goodie will have an apron (1 will be with a dish towel cuz it's for an elderly man), a jar of my home canned peach jam, a heart shaped lavender sachet, 4 huckleberry muffins(frozen) and an issue of Mary Jane Magazine except for the goodies going to Jim, I don't think he will be any to interested in the magazine..Golf Illistrated maybe...lol!.
Wednesday I will be doing the "Drop-n-Dash"....after all, that's half the fun..not letting the recipient know who their mystery 'goodie leaver' is.
(oh Yikes! I just noticed,,,I forgot to sew on some yoyos on this "Mels Diner" apron....! my Bad!)
>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.

Edited by - katmom on Nov 24 2009 12:03:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

geminidream62
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Molly
Spokane Washington
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  07:12:31 AM  Show Profile
Darling aprons, Grace! Lovely idea for the extra goodies...they will be so appreciated.

No time to get pictures loaded but I've already delivered one apron and a plate of sugar-free pumpkin muffins to a co-worker I can't see on Wednesday...she was so surprised! The other three ladies will be getting pumpkin-nut bread that is waiting in the freezer, the MJF magazine and their aprons on the 25th. Just no time to bake that day and I still have ties to sew onto one last apron and get the pocket notes finished. I was only going to give them to the gate guards on base but decided that there were some really sweet ladies who would appreciate it more. I'll bring the gate guards some cookies instead. Hope to add photos later! Have a great (and productive!) week farmgirl sisters!

Molly
http://geminisdream.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16394 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16394 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  08:35:39 AM  Show Profile
I'm delivering mine to the women who run the local second hand stores I frequent for photo props and other odds and ends that I couldn't do without. They have a hard job, sorting and cleaning junk with everyone coming in expecting a bargain. And their sales haven't been so great lately. Even so, one of the local shops decorated six different tables in holiday cheer as a fund-raiser for local charities. She had her baked goods out for fellowship and silent auction cards but hardly anyone showed up. I'm going to show them I care and appreciate them!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  08:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What a great idea, MaryJane!

I am giving mine to a friend who, sadly, is moving away. I have told her about MaryJanes Farm but she has been so busy with this sudden move that she keeps forgetting come online to see our great internet home here. So I am giving her one of the magazines and an apron plus some fresh bread as soon as she gets back up here after Thanksgiving. I am going to miss her and her wonderful 12 year old daughter so much, but I am hoping she will become a member of the forum to help facilitate staying in touch!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  08:50:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh MaryJane,
what a wonderful idea.....which now spurs me onto making 1 more quick basket for tomorrow...
I have met the most lovely lady who operates a tiny,,& I do mean tiny,,,Vintage~junktique shop. Her husband after having been out of work for quit some time has just found a job. But in the interim, they have been living on the small income from the shop....I think I will make her a special lace apron, as she loves lace.
There are so many people in our communities that could be blessed with a apron wrapped loaf of bread or muffins....Wowzers! just think, if each of us MJF gals gave one apron wrapped goody,,,,Holy cow! I don't have enough fingers & toes to count on, but that would be a heckofa lot of goodies!
OK ladies, there is still time...I challenge you.....even if you have to buy a pre-made loaf or muffins, just think of the joy you could bring... all wrapped up in an apron.
Oh Sarah, thank you for getting us going w/this thread....
MaryJane, Thank you for the magazines....I know they will be cherished.

I'm Back....
Ok, here is what I came up with....

Edited by - katmom on Nov 24 2009 12:37:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  08:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh and I forgot to mention the other lady I am giving to! She is such a sweetheart. She is a lady I met through the local yahoo group. She sells farm fresh eggs and delivers them to my doorstep every Thursday morning! Recently I was sick with pneumonia and she called to appologize for missing me on Thursday. When she found out I was sick, even though we have never chatted face to face, she immediatly offered to bring me food, and offered to do anything else she could to help me. And this was just a day or two after a horribly tragic car accident had taken the life of a husband and wife who she was very close friends with. So in the midst of her tragedy, she was so kind and loving as to offer to take on more responsibility and help me. Talk about a true blue farmgirl!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  12:40:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee, what a joy & blessing that you & she have connected.
Some people have hearts the size of a mountain inspite of what is going on in their own lives or the lives of others......
hugz

Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  1:57:46 PM  Show Profile
You girls have made this the greatest experience!! I'm so glad so many of you have elected to participate, and reading your stories about friends in need has really boosted my spirits! I am also very honored that the Queen Bee herself chose to participate. Thanks so much Mary Jane!! We are all so fortunate to have found one another and to have this fantastic forum in which to learn from and encourage each other. It reminds me of a quote I have hanging above my desk:

CHARITY - we must not only give what we have, we must also give all that we are.

I have two aprons going out tomorrow with fresh baked bread. One to a co-worker who has endured some heart-wrenching struggles in the last few years. She doesn't seem to be able to get past them. She and I used to be good friends, and I'm hoping this will boost her spirit and encourage her to keep "plowing through".

The other goes to a good friend of mine who has been such an encouragement to me in the last three years when the chips have been majorly down. She is in a position to make some really tough choices right now and I wanted to remind her that I am here for whatever she needs. Good Farmgirl friends are hard to come by in real life (basically anywhere besides this forum). She has been such a good friend to me, I want to return the favor.

I a going to ATTEMPT to take some pictures and post them over the weekend. We'll see how it goes. LOL!!

Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  3:17:47 PM  Show Profile
Delivered my aprons today about 5:00 pm since I will be out of town tomorrow. Mine went to two unemployed women who are renting a house that they may have to vacate soon, due to problems with legal stuff and the previous owner. I made a baguette loaf of sourdough bread and one round loaf of cranberry pecan. Still hot and wrapped in aprons. The lady who received them was very thankful.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE,
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  10:06:02 AM  Show Profile
2 went out yesterday and today I will deliver Jim's & Hazel's...and then I can go & try to clean up my craft/sewing room....I just might need a Bulldozer to clear the way! lol!
Hugz & Happy Turkey Day.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Tie One On - sign up and join the "movement" Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page