Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Tie One On - sign up and join the "movement"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Tie One On - sign up and join the "movement" Next Topic
Page: of 4

geminidream62
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Molly
Spokane Washington
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  12:54:40 PM  Show Profile
Delivered three to co-workers today and will deliver another on Friday. This has been fun and rewarding but next year I need to be a lot more organized and have 'tuck' ready! Thanks again to MaryJane and the magazine staff for donating magazines to go along with the bread and aprons, it was VERY generous!

Molly
http://geminisdream.blogspot.com/

edit: I posted the pictures of the aprons and the finished bundles on my blog but forgot to show the bread and the magazines. (one apron had sugar-free muffins instead of the pumpkin bread and I got a pic of that one. <G>) Dur....

Edited by - geminidream62 on Dec 04 2009 7:16:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  7:49:25 PM  Show Profile
I second that.....
Hey Molly which side of Spokane do you live in? the SO.Hill, North, Valley or West?

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

geminidream62
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Molly
Spokane Washington
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  09:45:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Grace,
I'm up on the north side right between Salk Jr. High and that Mormon church one street north of Frances. Dangerously close to JoAnn Fabrics! hahaha

Hope your Thanksgiving was great, ours was a blast but so glad Black Friday is over!

Molly
http://geminisdream.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Singing Tree Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Cari
Chase Michigan
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  07:41:55 AM  Show Profile
I have pictures on photobucket now, but everything is so slow, it's taken over an hour to even get it here.

Anyway, I delivered my package on Friday to a wonderful family with three young girls-5, 3, and 4 months. Just to let them know they are special and loved. Dad will enjoy the apple bread, the two older girls (farmgirls to the core) love their pint size aprons, and Mom will really enjoy the MJF's (thank you MaryJane). What a wonderful way to reach out to those in our communities with love and encouragement!
I used MaryJane's No Frills Frilly Apron pattern from the magazine and enlarged it 300% instead of 400 for the girls. I would have loved to be able to pick out special fabric for each one, but restrained myselfto only use from my stash, being as my own husband has been layed off for over a year.
This was something me and my children enjoyed together. My children took pictures of the girls but my computer is just too slow. I'm not going to try to post them.
I hope you all had a wonderful day of giving thanks!!

All of creation sings Your praise!

Edited by - Singing Tree Farm on Nov 29 2009 07:44:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  08:13:45 AM  Show Profile
This has been a wonderful experience! Unfortunately I was so intent on getting my bread out the door while it was still warm that I forgot to stop and take pictures of my packages!!!

Made both deliveries on Wednesday and I am so glad I did. Both ladies were very excited to receive their bread aprons and the added bonus of a copy of the MJF magazine! It would have been nice to have delivered these anonymously, but it did not work out that way. Maybe next year.......:)

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  11:01:30 PM  Show Profile
I have to say, and giggle too...as I had no clue our elderly gentleman (widower) has a "Girl friend"...I am so glad I tucked 4 muffins in his dish towel....His comment was, "Oh how wonderful, Betty will just love these"...so quite by chance I got to brightened up an additional persons life. How cool is that.

Sarah, thanx for getting us going on this endevor & again, MaryJane ~ Thank you for the magazines to tuck in with the goodies.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  11:06:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh and Cari,
your aprons turned out so sweet.
I have just ventured into making child size aprons & LOVE it!
Speaking of aprons, this week I will be stitchin' up 2 BBQ style Men's aprons for Christmas presents....one w/a monkey print for my SIL as he is always "monkeying around" and the other w/a Popeye print...for my DH because he often quotes Popeye by saying, "I amz what I amz"...lol!

>^..^<
Apron strings...the Ties that bind & gag...Erma Bombeck....

Edited by - katmom on Nov 30 2009 11:08:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  7:05:45 PM  Show Profile
I am so sad I missed this! I'll have to mark my calendar for next year!
~ Mary LD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Tie One On - sign up and join the "movement" Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page