kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  6:31:24 PM  Show Profile
Ok, my computer has been down awhile and I finally got it going again the other day. When I checked my e-mails, there were so many facebook things. I have never done facebook, so I didn't do anything. But just now there was another one so I thought I would see what happens, so I put my name and all that and got to a page that had all these people on there. I saw some of my friends from church and several from here and then I see a distant cousin from Canada I met back in Oct. at my uncle's funeral. So I clicked on the add a friend and she disappeared! I have no idea how to get her back. I'm afraid to do anything else or they might all go away.

If anyone can tell me how to do this, I would appreciate it. I'd love to get my poor cousin back.

Thanks, Kris

Happiness is simple.

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  11:14:04 PM  Show Profile
Kris, I think if you sign in to FB then "search" for your cousin's name once you find your cousin click on Add as Friend. That sends a message to your cousin asking him/her if they want to add you. If they add you then you will see your cousin's picture(if they have one on there) come up under your "Friends" page. If your cousin, doesn't add you as a friend, then you are out of luck honey.

Hope this help you Kris, if not give me a call and I'll walk through it with you on the phone.

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  05:34:36 AM  Show Profile
If you are going to the page where it shows you all of your requests (friends, games, quizzes etc) they will "disappear" when you click on them. If you hit "add friend" it will show up in the left hand column of your profile page under the "friends" section.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  06:34:18 AM  Show Profile
In the page where I saw all these people next to their pics were 2 boxes. One says add a friend, the other says ignore. When I hit add she went away and I couldn't see her anywhere on the page. I thought she might come back up somewhere but nothing. This was the first page after I had entered my name and password, too. I will go try to get back on and see what happens now.

Thanks ya'll. All this computer stuff is a real challenge for me. I really don't like it but I need to make my brain work. According to Brain Age, mine is 80! But some 80 year olds are lots smarter than me when it comes to all this.

Kris

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  07:06:59 AM  Show Profile
Go to Facebook. At the top it will say "Facebook Home Profile Friends Inbox" If you click on Friends and choose REcently Added I proimse she will be there!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  09:10:55 AM  Show Profile
Julie, when I checked my e-mail just now, there she was. So I sent her a note. I guess it went out there somehow and got back to her. I have no idea how all this works but it does.

Thanks. Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

italianchildhood
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

172 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  11:25:50 AM  Show Profile
I find FB confusing and great at the same time. It's not so much the postings, it's really making connections with people I haven't touched base with in a while. It's pretty cool.

----------------------
http://YouCraft.org ... free crafts classifieds listings

and http://italianchildhood.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  2:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'm a newbie on FB too, Kristin. It's confusing to me, too. I sure hope things get better soon. I'm probably close to your BrainAge. Don't feel bad.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  3:44:12 PM  Show Profile
Well, right now I had sent messages to a few and they were sent back. I don't even know how to get there from here. I'm lost. Is there a facebook GPS?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  4:23:34 PM  Show Profile
I know how you feel I have a love / hate relationship with facebook. A lot of people want you to join this and play that but then I really messed up and I really don't have the time to do a lot but I enjoy my MJ Farm girls site.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  4:33:23 PM  Show Profile
Kris, I'm so glad you discovered facebook, its fun!
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  6:50:32 PM  Show Profile
Kristin - I dont think you can reply to the messages that are sent to your email. It is just a notification. There is a little private message thing in facebook. You need to use that but then you can exchange email addresses.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  6:54:52 PM  Show Profile
Ok. That explains that little dilema. Thanks, Julie.

Kelly, I haven't really discovered it yet. I don't think I've actually been there yet, either. I might get it one day. I think my daughter Abby can explain some things for me. She'll be home tomorrow.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Facebook. Help! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page