chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  11:12:27 AM  Show Profile
Have you ever wondered how people would respond if instead of filming extremely wealthy "housewives" in places like NYC, Orange County, Atlanta, NJ, etc. a show was actually filmed on what actual housewives (more specifically farmgirls) do?

I was thinking about this over the weekend. One day last week is a perfect example. My husband went to the hospital to visit his mother in the evening freeing me up from having to cook supper. So when I got home from working 8 hours at the office I filled the bed of my truck with old, semi composted hay using a pitchfork. Then I filled the water containers, loaded up the little dogs and drove down into the pasture to my garden. I proceeded to transplant about 50 green bean plants, add an extra layer of mulch to the garden (using the pitchfork once again)and water it. When all that was done I came back up to the house and cooked and canned 8 pints of strawberry rhubarb jam. By the time I got done it was 10:30 at night, DH came home and I went to bed. Now, in my personal opinion, those are the kinds of things that Real Housewives actually do.

Just a thought. Any one else out there have an opinion on this? My brain is in overdrive most of the time so I come up with some kind of weird thoughts.

The chief source of failure and unhapiness is trading what you want the most for what you want at the moment.

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  11:29:30 AM  Show Profile
I share your opinion. Real MJF housewives would be a super big hit!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  11:35:55 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! How cool would it be to follow some of the incredibly industrious women from this forum around and film them in their day to day activities? I know I could learn a LOT from all of you.

The chief source of failure and unhapiness is trading what you want the most for what you want at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  1:03:53 PM  Show Profile
I would love a show like this...but would America?! I think they like watching the shows with a lot of glitz and glam and cheating wives and murder and all that...you know, the "typical American" stuff lol
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  1:17:53 PM  Show Profile
Yep.

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  1:37:22 PM  Show Profile
Do you think viewers would frown if one of the episodes showed me being flogged by a mean old rooster 5 or 6 times and me going to the house to get my shotgun and then blasting that d**n bird? Now there is REAL TV!

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  1:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Seriously, our show would be a sleeper. Not to mention all the flack we'd get for growing our own food INCLUDING animals. I swear, farmgirls are the only ones with any sense at all. the rest of the world has their heads up their butt.

however, film it and stick it on YouTube. Ya just never know. Send it to Ellen or someone like that. Who knows? It'd be neat to merge different farmgirls' days from different parts of the country into one video clip so that everyone could see what everyone's days consist of.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  1:49:46 PM  Show Profile
You might be able to sell a show like this to "RFD-TV",

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  2:03:07 PM  Show Profile
Debbie - PETA would probably be all over you for that but reading it made me laugh out loud!!! RFDTV would definitely be a place to start and I would love to see what the everyone else's day to day lives are like. Probably not enough drama for TV, but it sure would be interesting for all of us!

Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  2:12:26 PM  Show Profile
I think it would be a great show! Inspiring! I love to sit in the kitchen of some of my dear friends and just watch them "do their thing"...creative, wonderful housewives!

Dalyn

~Hick Chicks Soap Barn ~
www.hickchickssoapbarn.com

Homespun Raw Goat Milk Soaps 'n More

http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
http://proverbs31nubians.blogspot.com/

Muckboots 'N Aprons at Home Chapter
http://yakimafarmgirls.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  3:24:01 PM  Show Profile
First of all, a warm welcome to you, Sarah! I think you're on to a grand idea! If a show can be created and aired about Redneck weddings, why not farmgirls?! CMT might just be the place to showcase it!

Second, Debbie...BAHAHAHAHAHAH!! I burst out laughing over that one!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  04:40:53 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm game. I think after I get back from BBB I will have to set up "movie studio". Hahaha.. I will think about this one...

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  06:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
No, the media did the redneck wedding thing because the only way they can picture "rural" people is in a bad way. They perpetuate the idiot local yokel, married to their first cousin, who doesn't have sense to come in out of the rain image.

But, Debbie, you gave me a good laugh, hahaha, yep, that's real life, get yer gun! LOL

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  06:15:26 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Teresa Sue. I think it could be a great show, but hollywood would really mess it up. They like to portray normal, everyday people as stupid compared to their inteligence. PBS did some shows with people living for a few months in historical settings and I think people really liked those shows. I think the more of the shows they did , the more off track of reality thay became though.
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  07:45:31 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by CherryMeDarlin

First of all, a warm welcome to you, Sarah! I think you're on to a grand idea! If a show can be created and aired about Redneck weddings, why not farmgirls?! CMT might just be the place to showcase it!

Second, Debbie...BAHAHAHAHAHAH!! I burst out laughing over that one!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy

Thanks for the welcome, Cherry! I'm soooo glad to be here in a forum amongst like-minded women.

Edited by - chaddsgirl on Jun 26 2009 07:46:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:13:25 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a great idea. We have all the stuff to make it a good show. Violence, killing our food, and nudeity, re: my post "I'm necked under my dress." But don't know how many people would be interested in us keeping track of how much we spend for groceries, or how to clean house, laundry, self without using Tide.

I may just load up the video camera, charge up the batteries and have Ole Ron film me cutting herbs, watering the tomaotes, wiping sweat with my shirt tail. Oh, I have a good one, Cleaning out the hen house!
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:31:31 AM  Show Profile
A week at my place, with the blood ( literaly), sweat ( buckets this time of the year), tears ( a failed crop, a stillborn lamb), would probally not go over with the average TV addict, not even a reality show addict. It would be too real.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:39:55 AM  Show Profile
I don't know Teresa.......if you serve up some good roadkill and you might get some of the survivor enthusiest on board.
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  7:20:53 PM  Show Profile
I remember the PBS show about families that had to live on the plains here in Montana with "pioneer" stuff. The catch was that real Montana families couldn't apply to "play" because it wasn't much different than what many of us do anyway. I think much of America would find a Farmgirl Show hard to believe...they would think it was staged instead of real :)

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  7:30:46 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, that was the show I was talking about. They did one on Texas too and it wasn't really very true. I watched the one from Montana and thought it was really interesting to see the changes in people and that most of them missed it when they left. Wasn't that the one the young girl got to buy her horse she had on the show in real life.
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  08:40:56 AM  Show Profile
I don't remember the horse...the part that I remembered was the snowstorm in June that threw them all for a loop! That, and having to butcher their own chickens for food...I only saw parts of the one in Montana and didn't catch any of the other ones. How did the folks in TX fare?

Go to Top of Page

ranchmama
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Elise
Rosebud MT
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  08:45:50 AM  Show Profile
Too wierd, I was just hinking of that PBS show the other day. We watched it too and thought the MT one was more realistic and the TX one, wasn't as good. I remember thinking at the time, "I could do that!" But yesterday I was thinking the cooking bit would be hard, lol

Most days are pretty quite around here. We don't have chickens and goats to feed and fixing fence or checking water tanks isn't that glamraous. Same with shuttling the guys to the hay fields and tractors and trying tho keep 3 kids from killing each other in the truck while we wait around. Spring and fall gathers would be fun, but the camera crew would probly get lost. Winter feeding would get old to watch after the first day, or the crew would freeze up while they filmed me chopping ice. Plus I don't look too good with frozen snot and ice drops hanging off my face! LMAO

But I would be interested in seeing what you all do. I guess we would be the only ones watching! hee hee

Elise

Every Child Deserves Our Love &
A Bear of Their Own
http://ATeddyForKeeps.org

http://ranchmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  4:33:42 PM  Show Profile
I don't know if the tv could keep up with the average farmgirl. But I bet it would be a good show.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  6:00:19 PM  Show Profile
I think it would be awesome, too!! I can't even stand to watch the reality shows anymore (never really watched them anyways) Jon & Kate plus 8 was enough to make me want to barf...now look at what the kids are having to go through with the divorce being talked about all across america?! Kate made me laugh out loud and say "get over yourself!!""" on the episode where alexis had diahrhea during nap time and got it all over her crib....Kate freaked out and I mean FREAKED OUT and kept saying "I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do!!! Jon is the one who gives the babies their baths!! I don't know what to do...this messes up my whole schedule!!!!!"

Give me a break!!!! Woman (Kate) has 8 kids....grow up and act like a mother already!!!! Now...I must admit, I myself do not have 8 children.....but then again...Kate doesn't have 2 labs that knock everything over just by wagging their tails...1 cat that just had 7 kittens....6 chickens, 2 ducks, a baby racoon to nurse 5 times a day.....I bet she also doesn't even think about gardening, much less starting from seed, weeding, watering, battling the bugs, mowing grass, did I mention pulling weeds???....I mean, seriously...I could go on and on!!!!

No offense against her....I am simply using her as an example....don't even get me started on all the housewives shows.....who really lives like those people??? I would be so bored!!!!

I think that the Ellen show would be a great place to try and show some video clips....and ya'll know that Ellen would just LOVE making fun of those papmpered women!!!! I could just see it now, all the jokes Ellen would make about....well actually....both sides!!!! LMAO!!!!

I just think it would be neat for other people out there to see that just because you live in a rural area, have land and animals and a garden, doesn't mean that you are a "hick" with little or no education! Could you imagine some peoples reaction to our swimming pool?? Its a 3 ft deep, 10 ft across galvanized cattle trough with a fisher price slide that came off of a swing set bolted to the deck and slides right into the pool, cynder block for a step....and yep, there is even a half circle cut out of the deck that the "pool" bumps into, because "yes" I'm a farmgirl.....and it's a "farmgirl" design.....lol!!! But hey....when it hot...anything will do!!!!
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  6:10:13 PM  Show Profile
Kelley,
I LOVE how your pool sounds! It wouild work for me. I agree that those "housewives" must lead very boring lives...I too would love to see Ellen take a shot at them :)

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  06:20:45 AM  Show Profile
This is totally my new project when I get home from BBB... I'm gonna dust of the camcorder, and go to town. It'll take me a year to get it all together, since I'd need to start seed in spring, plow, disk, plant, hoe, weed, weed, can, freeze, feed animals, brood chicks, see kids, love hubsters, help family, make christmas gifts, have pumpkin sales, farm markets...etc....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Real Houswives of....... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page