Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Oh Rain, Rain, Glorious Rain!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Oh Rain, Rain, Glorious Rain! Next Topic  

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  06:06:12 AM  Show Profile
We finally are getting some! I woke up early this morning to a strange sound. It took a minute to realize it was rain! A nice steady perfect rain. We so need it. Everything here was starting to turn an ugly dry brown. But now I can already see the difference. I have been having to water some of my garden and the rest was just suffering because I can't get to it. But now I hope this will perk it all back up.

I put the goats all up front last night thinking it would maybe rain. I'm glad I did now.

I hope everyone who needs rain will get some of this.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4743 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4743 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  06:16:23 AM  Show Profile
We've had so much rain this year in IL that it is hard to believe others haven't been getting enough. Yesterday it started raining/drizzling at 7 a.m. and didn't stop until 7 p.m. So much for those 4th of July picnics! My perennials and everything else in the yard is growing like crazy, the weeds are in great form this year too!

I hope you get a few more nice rains by you Kris.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  06:37:16 AM  Show Profile
We sure got it last night! It thundered and there was lots of lightning and glorious rain. My 21-month-old granddaughter and I went out and danced in it once the lightning quit. It was such much fun and better than any fireworks!

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  06:57:17 AM  Show Profile
It is, isn't it? I guess that was our fireworks for us, too. That is fun dancing in the rain. I need to go do that in a bit. I'm just dragging my feet this morning. I hear all the critters outside wondering why I am not out there yet.

Dawn, this spring I would have thought we'd have floods all summer. But it has not rained here like this in a few months now. I was really getting worried. I watered alot last night with my well water and it started trickling toward the end. So I turned it off. I hope it fills back up with this rain.

My weeds are doing great, too. I don't know why, when everything else dies, the weeds just flourish. I know some are good to eat and I thought maybe we'd be doing that soon. Not looking forward to it, but I guess if I had too I would.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  7:47:06 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
So happy you finally got rain. We, in SW Louisiana, is supposed to get rain Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I hope so. My yard is scorched all over. Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  05:03:32 AM  Show Profile
Marly, we got more rain almost all night again! This is great. My yard was so dry there were cracks. And it was crunching again when I walked on it. But now it's all hydrated again for awhile. I am so glad ya'll are getting rain, too. It's weird how some parts of the country get rain all the time. My sis in Col. says it rains nearly every day around 5 pm.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  09:22:14 AM  Show Profile
Kris,
I think we got 3 drops. sigh!!!

Tina
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  09:38:07 AM  Show Profile
Tina, is it really dry down there? It sure is humid and hot here now. I'm trying to stay in as much as possible between chasing critters all over. I've already sweated (?) too much for one day. But I ain't complaining! No more of that for me.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  10:07:50 AM  Show Profile
Yep, crunchy!! I guess I need to find my feathered headress and start the rain dancing again.lol Garden is dry even though we water it there is nothing like when Mother Nature waters it. Its cloudy like it wants to rain but nothing yet. My DH says I need to wash the car then it will rain. Ha Ha I think he just wants me to wash the car. have you been selling your vegtables yet? I am just now starting to get tomatoes. Yum!!!! I had a nice tomatoe sandwich this afternoon for lunch, I guess I am through rambeling for now. Talk later.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  1:37:37 PM  Show Profile
Well, get out there and dance, girl!! Then wash that car! Something's gotta happen after all that. You'll get your workout and your hubby will be happy. Kill 2 birds with one stone and it might even rain to boot.

Yes, I have been going to the market. The first week I went 3 times, the next week none and last week only on Wed. I go to pick beans and only get a handful or a basket of squash. Not worth going for. I made zucchini muffins and whole wheat rolls and sold every one. So I hope when I go out either Tues. night or Wed. morn there will be something to pick.

I am hooked on tomata and bacon sandwiches on sourdough bread. Love them. I have 1 little ripe tomato out there I need to go get soon.

Good luck with the rain.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  2:03:42 PM  Show Profile
Yeahhhh!!! We got a really well needed soaker all night long. This morning everything outside was clean and perked up. We may even get somemore tonight!! Just what was needed for all the hay fields in East Texas.
Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  3:32:09 PM  Show Profile
Isn't that great, just when we needed it most! I'm so glad ya'll got some, too. Is the hay not growing in all this heat? Ours is doing good. Most people got alot around here. And will probably get at least 2 more cuttings. I hope so, because I'll need at least 150 bales for winter.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  1:42:31 PM  Show Profile
It worked! It worked! Headress on I washed the car and did my rain dance and low and behold RAIN.

I acuallt heard the garden sigh with relief. I think I will take a walk!!

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  5:07:57 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
We got alot of rain last night. Today, as it gets later, we may get more rain. So happy GA got the rain. May it rain again for you and yours.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  8:31:38 PM  Show Profile
Yippy, Tina!!! I bet that was cute to see! I am so glad it worked. I heard mine sighing, too.

Marly, I am so glad you got more rain. I will never again say anything about too much rain again. It's awful learning these lessons. I need to be very careful what I say in the future.

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  06:37:35 AM  Show Profile
It is amazing how green everything is this morning. And it sure was easy pulling weeds this
morning. I off to can beena and make zuccini bread . Have a good day.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  4:56:52 PM  Show Profile
Here in Ohio we could use some of your rain so when you are done with it send it our way :)

Tammyb #541

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  7:16:40 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, we could still use some more. I think back when we had all that rain early spring we caught up from the drought finally. But now we are probably back down again. The weeds sure don't mind, though. They are bigger than most og the plants in the garden now.

I'll send you up a little soon!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Oh Rain, Rain, Glorious Rain! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page