Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Gas range, cleaning grates and drip pans
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Gas range, cleaning grates and drip pans Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  07:30:53 AM  Show Profile
Our gas range has these large, cast iron grates that are a TOTAL pain in the tukus to clean. And the drip pans? Don't get me started.

When I purchased it, it came with this little packet of grate cleaner from Sears, but they don't seem to have it anymore. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to think of a way that I can keep the drip pans clean, but it's not like an electric rangetop where you can wrap them in foil.

Anyone have a rangetop with iron grates? How do you clean yours?

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  08:01:45 AM  Show Profile
Wal-mart and other stores carry drip pan liners in stainless steel, and also throw aways in aluminum.The grates, I just soak in hot soapy water, then use a scrubby pad

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  08:24:42 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot to mention that they were square. Not a lot of foresight on my part when I purchased this range. Can't find any sortof replacement parts at general stores.

Maybe I'll put some Bon Ami in some hot water, along with something to cut the grease and submerge them. See what happens.

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  08:47:36 AM  Show Profile
Mine also are square, wal-mart has them, and they do sell on-line at wal-mart also

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  08:27:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh, wow. Are "drip pan liners" those little metal plates that go around the burners? Please, please say yes!!

Every place I've lived in has come with a 20 year old stove and those things are totally gross. I scrub and scrub with a scotch brite, and they never ever come clean. I had no idea they might possibly be replaceable...my mind is blown!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  08:38:14 AM  Show Profile
yes :)

Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Gas range, cleaning grates and drip pans Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page