therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  10:50:40 AM  Show Profile
Mary Jane and family -- my thoughts, love, and prayers go out to you. Your mother left such a legacy that has touched so many lives. The things that she taught you have been shared with all of us. Our lives are so much richer because of that.

Mine is just a little old fashioned garden where the flowers come together to praise the Lord, and teach all who look upon them to do likewise.
-- Celia Thaxter

http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  2:32:30 PM  Show Profile
Mary Jane, family, and extended family who all knew Mrs. Butters, or those of us who wished we had the privilege to have known her, I send my most heart felt sympathies. With the passing of my grandmother last month, I know the anguish you may be feeling now. It will pass in time and you will be left with loving memories of the wonderful woman that benefited your life so exquisitely.

If there is anything any of us can do, all you would have to do is simply ask... we are here for you!

Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  1:45:15 PM  Show Profile
our family holds you & yours in highest regards, prayers & thoughts. Your mom had a beautiful life here & an even better one now. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1794 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1794 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  3:10:43 PM  Show Profile
My thoughts and prayers to Mary Jane and family at this sad time. Your mother sounds like a special lady and how fortunate you were she was your "mom". My mom passed away last summer at 84 and did many of the same things. She was a farm wife so raised a garden and canned, sewed for family, quilted beautiful quilts, crocheted and knitted,
cooked for family and huge dinners for haying and other farm dinners when there was neighbors and friends helping, nursed her children when ill, loved her church and ladies aid and always was there to help others in need. She was a wonderful example for her children. Memories are comforting and for me going through trunks of photos and getting them ready to put in alblums for the next generation has helped. The best thing my mom taught me was how to be a good mom and grandmother.
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  3:38:41 PM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear of your loss. The greatest thing a mother can give her children are roots and wings and I can see that Mrs. Butters did just that. I can just imagine what she must have thought when her daughter became one of the first women wilderness rangers and to live alone in a fire tower. Mine would have said be careful on the climb up and don't fall off when you get to the top. I think Mrs. Butters would have said, "Have fun,I'm proud of you" JoAnn

I've always been called a dreamer, but I never listened. I did what others dare not do--lived my dream while they watched. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Mag
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

Margaret
Mount Vernon OH
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  5:13:42 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry for your loss. Your Mother sounds much like my own, a true "unconditional love" kind of woman. You and yours are in my thoughts. Take care.
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  8:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
My thoughts are with you MaryJane and your family. Your stories about your mother inspired me greatly. She was truly an amazing woman.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2006 :  12:44:40 PM  Show Profile
I’ve been out of commission for quite a while it seems. And in a few days I’ll leave again for the month of April to be with my siblings in Utah. They made the mistake of challenging me to a nightly game of Pinochle! Actually, I need some rest. And I need to begin the task of sorting through my mother’s things. She kept a daily diary for the first five years of her married life that none of us knew about and more (in fact, my brother just called in tears to read parts of it); every letter between her and my father; and all the letters from us to them ever written. All of it. I want to touch every piece of her and do so with all the time in the world--a life review of sorts. The farm and all else is in good hands…the beauty of having children willing to pick up where you leave off!!!! A special thanks to Aunt Jenny and Libbie for clucking over our forum while we’ve been elsewhere and Utah Farmgirl for her extra handholding and “blue light specials” and Lynda for the most amazing oranges we’ve EVER eaten. (We had to eat them over the sink they were so full of juice!) And more. I have a drawer full of amazing letters. I LOVE ALL YOU FARMGALS! You are remarkable and amazing. When I get back, I'll share more of what’s been hard for me and mine the past few months, beyond my mother’s death. I’ve had to muster up plenty of farmgirl fortitude, that’s for sure. My husband is my rock. He’s not a very public person but I need to tell the world, they don’t make ‘em any better than my Nick, MY steadfast “honey hunk.” (I have one too, Frannie!) And my kids???... the love they give me is off the charts and Carol, my love for her grows deeper every day. My whole crew. Just awesome! But our Julie Bell is off to a prestigious culinary school for a year and a half. The bunkhouse feels so empty without her I can’t stand to go in it. I also want to share with you, when I get back, the photos I took of our milk cow, Chocolate, giving birth last week. Of course, she picked 7:30 a.m. on a sunny morning just so I could capture all of it (hooves and two tiny nostrils to begin with) in the most beautiful dappled sunlight ever; with a bit of chill in the air, and a concern and focus in her eyes only a mother can have; and after 45 minutes, a steaming baby girl!!! And later she let Erik in to take photos (just inches away) of the most darling animal face I’ve ever laid eyes on. We’re all a’titter. Emil, Luke and Nick are fussing over every little detail ...“Momma Chocolate this and Baby Molasses that.” And I’ve figured out how to talk to her--a low guttural sound that she responds to--our own special language. She’s the cleanest, best fed, best loved cow in these here parts, that's for sure! And her milk, the flavor is perfect. Tea and cream, that’s us these days. Remember always to keep the farmgirl faith. (I know you know exactly what that means.) Sometimes it’s the only thing we have to grab to. MaryJane

Edited by - MaryJane on Mar 31 2006 7:22:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2006 :  1:21:08 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane - go and rest. And thank you for sharing with us some of your thoughts before you set off to "be with your mom" for awhile. I felt so close to my mom right after she passed, and when I was going through the things of childhood with my sister. I hope it very healing for you.

Godspeed. We love you.
Jeannie

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2006 :  1:40:53 PM  Show Profile
So good to hear from you MaryJane. You are such a special person and I hope you get the rest you need and time with your siblings to do all you need to do. We all love you!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HorseyNut
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Allena
MO
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2006 :  2:30:21 PM  Show Profile
Love and prayers for you and yours

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action. - Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2006 :  9:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Dear Maryjane, you have done so much for so many, just this forum being a safe place for us to come, and pour put out our hearts. It is time for you now. Go be refreshed. We will all be fine. You and your family will be in my prayers as you spend this special, yet emotional time with them, and the memory of you Mom. God Bless! Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2006 :  09:11:35 AM  Show Profile
Utah waits with open arms ready for a big Farmgirl hug if/when you need it.

Love,
P

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2006 :  10:31:00 AM  Show Profile
It is so nice to hear your sweet voice before you take the time you need. It does sound like both your body and soul could use a respite, and I hope that what you receive is exactly what you need. Luckily - the universe has a way of doing just that!

Things will be fine here - don't you worry a bit. I'll be thinking about you and yours, and all up at the farm.

Soon then,

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  08:00:23 AM  Show Profile
Maryjane,

So sorry to hear of your loss. Your mother was an amazing, loving, accomplished woman, who raised her children to follow in her footsteps. Enjoy your time with your siblings and get some rest.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  08:24:06 AM  Show Profile
You deserve some much earned rest. I'm very sorry thear about your Mother though she is probably in a beautiful place right with her spirit looking down on you and feeling so proud. It's wonderful that you get go home and discover what kind of woman your Mother was besides just being Mom. Make sure to really feel everything when your there, soak it all in. Can't wait to see pictures of the birth, what a great experience.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com
www.smallsqrl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  11:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
I wanted to send my condolences to you and you family. Your mother sounded like a wonderfull person. Hugs

Valerie
Alaska Girl all the way

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2006 :  10:16:47 AM  Show Profile
It's been awhile since I've posted, so I am just now reading this.

My heart goes out to the Butters' Family on the loss of Helen.

Kim

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  1:10:27 PM  Show Profile
So sweet of you to update us~~ Take some much deserved rest and know we are all thinking of you and your family~~
Hugs
Jan
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  1:31:27 PM  Show Profile
maryjane .. cherish every moment with those brothers/sisters .. they are the most precious gift your sweet mama left you. i'll add a few 'prayer flags' to blow blessings toward utah! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  11:31:04 AM  Show Profile
I'm truly sorry for your loss and I'm looking forward to your stories when you get back.

When I would read all that you wrote about your mother it would bring back memories of my mother when I was growing up. Things I hadn't thought of in a long time. It's interesting to realize that I get my strength from my mother. She taught me everything I know about gardening and how to handle a hammer, she tried to teach me to cook but I'm still working on that.
My mom lives 2000 miles away and I only get to see her every couple of years but we talk weekly and in some ways are closer now then ever and the memories help.

Thank you for sharing your mother with us.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  04:26:36 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning to you,MaryJane, and to all that love you....

Your recent post brightly illuminates the strength of family and friends. The support, love and encouragement these relationships provide are unspeakable and priceless. You are loved and blessed.

What a beautiful surprise she left for all of you....journals and letters. Hold every treasure of your mother's, press them to your chest, close your eyes and breathe deeply, soaking in her love and burning memories into the depths of your heart.

We are all continuing to lift you and your family in prayer and loving thoughts.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Deb H
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Deb
Glendale Missouri
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  10:48:38 AM  Show Profile
What sad news! Unfortunately, I didn't see this post until this morning, and I am in tears. . .Maryjane, I am so sorry to hear about your mother and I'm sure you know that all us "Farmgirls" are mourning this loss. I know I feel connected to her through you, and I have learned so much from both of you. I hope your visit with your siblings helps your heart heal somewhat. Blessings and Love, Deb P.

"Well-behaved women rarely make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Wings of Love Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page