Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Chipmonk under the High Boy---Boy oh Boy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Chipmonk under the High Boy---Boy oh Boy Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  11:47:33 AM  Show Profile
Woke up this morning and found Truman our Jack Russell doing cartwheels in front of my high boy...yep the fattest chipmonk I have ever seen was nervously hiding with only his tail peeking out. I of course jumped on the nearest available chair and yelled for Bruce.

After corralling the little devil and removing Truman from the scene, the chipmonk escaped through the front door-paused-looked left then right and ran for his dear life.

We have no idea how the little critter ended up inside but with this old house I am not surprised. Truman was though!!

Oh my blood pressure....

Melody
Farmgirl #525
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  12:07:04 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you are okay. Do you have a fireplace? It may have come in from the chimney. My sister had two squirrels that got in her house that way. I bet Truman is still looking for that little sucker!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  5:41:30 PM  Show Profile
Truman's been pacing all day. Poor fella.

We think it got in from the basement door sometimes it swings open on its own. Ghosts???

A few years ago my daughter found a baby rabbit in her room. No kidding...we still laugh about that. We have had a regular menagerie of critters in this old house.

Melody
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  7:41:11 PM  Show Profile
My biggest worry is a chipmunk will sneak in to our house. We have tons of the little buggers all over the yard. Every time I look out a window here something zips by. I hope no more critters come a calling by you!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Chipmonk under the High Boy---Boy oh Boy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page