Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:06:23 PM  Show Profile
Just curious. The older I get (I'm 41) the less make up I want to mess with. I used to be a Mary Kay sales director and you can imagine the make up I wore then. I'm just tired of it. Tired of the feeling of "goop" on my face, tired of mascara making my eyes water, tired of feeling too hot and sticky. Tired of feeling guilty about being too tired at night to wash my face. Well, you get the idea.

All I want is a good face cleanser and a good moisturizer. Someone give me permission to quit wearing make up!

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:15:25 PM  Show Profile
Oney, I don't wear much make up. I only put a small amout on if I am going somewhere out of the ordinary. I never wear any eye makeup and haven't for years because I am allergic to it. I wear a little base , blush and lipstick occasionally. Most of the time I just like clean. I am 54 and really don't care too much what other people think about my appearance. I do like my toenails painted though. If I paint them a darker color the dirt from the garden doesn't show up so much.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love the mineral makeups- I forget I am wearing them! They are super light. I also love the Costco mascara because it doesn't make my eyes water and it goes on very smooth. But you should do what makes you happy! If it feels yucky on your face- pitch it! If you are starting to feel like you want it back, buy lighter weight make up. Some of the stuff they have out there is so heavy and sticky yuck!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:21:32 PM  Show Profile
I wear mineral make up too. I don't wear a lot, because I look like a clown with too make up on.

If you don't like it anymore,don't wear it!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:22:43 PM  Show Profile
Isn't that the great part of being of a certain age! You can be yourself and not give a hoot about peer pressure or what the person in the shopping mart thinks of you? Oney, you can stop wearing make up if it is not for you any more "Too thine own self be true" =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:33:55 PM  Show Profile
I have not worn make-up in yeras, and even then it was only to weddings, out on the town, and other special nights. My husband always called it "war paint". Working on a ranch/farm, WHY, it would just be a mucky mess in 30 seconds flat. Besides , its very expensive now, and it does expire, so I would be throwing it out before I ever used it, LOL.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:43:10 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by peapicker

I do like my toenails painted though. If I paint them a darker color the dirt from the garden doesn't show up so much.

LOL

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:45:17 PM  Show Profile
Generally no, just if I'm going out, going out. Then powder and some mascara and lip gloss. I'm glad that they invented semi-permanent lipgloss :)

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:47:06 PM  Show Profile
I used to wear it every day. Now I only always wear lipstick. My face becomes very itchy and breaks out in ugly dry patches when I wear make up. But sometimes I do use a little powder and a touch of mascara. Nothing else, no eye shadow etc. But ALWAYS lipstick, I would feel "neked" without lol

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:59:17 PM  Show Profile
I don't wear much, but I love it :)
Honey, when I go out to milk the goats, my nails are usually painted pink and and my mascara is on! I think it's a great joke!

Dalyn

~Hick Chicks Soap Barn ~
www.hickchickssoapbarn.com

Homespun Raw Goat Milk Soaps 'n More

http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
http://proverbs31nubians.blogspot.com/

Muckboots 'N Aprons at Home Chapter
http://yakimafarmgirls.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1683 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1683 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  9:06:28 PM  Show Profile
about 80% of the time I don't wear makeup. When I do it's the mineral loose kind that I wear. I will use mascara everyday but only put on the loose powder if I'm going somewhere. I'm 57 and it doesn't really bother me what people think. They don't have to look at you.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  9:19:00 PM  Show Profile
I wear mascara and eye liner pencil every day usually and thats it. I do HAVE mineral makeup and probably some old lipstick if I really wanted to wear it..but I rarely do..really really rarely. I am 50 now and my skin is in pretty good shape so I figure..why start now?

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  9:37:02 PM  Show Profile
I have never been a big make-up wearer. I think it harkens to my old hippie days - natural is beautiful and all that. I wore it when I worked in an office or was out on bids for my kitchen design business other than that and singing on stage with the rock band back in the day I've never worn it very often. My skin is pretty good for 51 - not too many wrinkles. A good non-soap cleanser, a good moisturizer with sunscreen and I'm good to go. A little blusher in winter to even out the winter pasty pale look but only when I'm going to an event.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  9:37:50 PM  Show Profile
I've always worn make up, but I find as I get older (49) that I look less and less good in it ...so I'm trying to find a happy medium. My skin is dry and looks horrible in a lot of make up.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:36:05 AM  Show Profile
OH YEAH!! I do wear PINK nail polish too when I deliver the mail, lol. I am the Princess of Pink oke?? So gotta live up to my name YAY!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  04:19:43 AM  Show Profile
I think I wore make-up twice in the last year! Even then it was only eye shadow and mascara. It isn't that I have anything against wearing it, but I haven't worn it regularly in so long that I don't even think to put it on, and now, the makeup I had is probably expired, so I need to throw it out. With two little boys to get ready and out of the house I often forget to get myself ready past putting on clean clothes and washing my hair. I'm really BAD at putting on makeup and knowing what to use, it is probably better if I just don't try! And I look like a clown if I wear lipstick, so that is a definite NO!!!
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  04:35:42 AM  Show Profile
And here I am... a makeup fiend. Although I don't feel as if I wear as much as I used to. I'm an esthetician by trade and I love fooling around with different colors and styles. One day I may have purple shadow on and the next I'll be sporting dark lips. I used to have a portfolio around here somewhere that showed all the different makeup styles I did (wedding, going out etc) I just started polishing my nails tho.... now that they are long enough. I find I keep my fingers outta my mouth if I polish them. But makeup? Heck yeah I wear it. Scary without!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  05:15:33 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Here is what is in my make up bag....mascara, eye brightener pencil, blush (very rare I wear it since I am tan), natural looking lip gloss, brownish lipstick, powder,. I do wear my mascara and lip gloss pretty much everyday (It's a Texas thang ya'll). Without mascara, my eye's look bald because my lashes are so light. I have always found a more natural looks keeps one looking younger than a full face of makeup, at least in my case. I am all about skincare- moisturizing, toning, cleaning, lip moisturizer and eye gel and a scrub 1x a week. I wear a nude color of my short fingernails and my toes are usually painted pink or Cherries in the Snow. I will say, taking better care of my skin has gone further in making me feel pretty than any make up will anyday and I find I need less and less. It is my goal to get rid of the blush once it runs out or goes past the expiration date.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  05:38:28 AM  Show Profile
I don't always wear it at home. My honey says I look prettiest without. Hah! I feel awful if I don't even have a little bit on. I'm 45 and have noticed that the more make-up I wear(or darker colors) the older I look. Things have toned down quite a bit. Going from rocker chick to pastor's wife :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  05:46:35 AM  Show Profile
I like to wear makeup, though I admit I'm fairly clueless about it all! I'd love to try some new looks, but always tend to keep it on the conservative side, as I don't wanna walk around lookin like Mimi Bobeck (from the Drew Carey show). It seems as I get older, and my kids keep telling me I look old, I want to preserve my youthful look! LOL! (i fear it may already have escaped!)

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.com
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  06:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
My make-up routine is pretty dull. Lip pencil in a nude shade and mascara. If I'm going to the grocery I add powder.

After my youngest was born I just quit wearing all the foundations and such.It's been sixteen years and I don't miss that 15+ minutes a day at all. My daughter bought me some mineral make-up and I like it-I just don't have the inclination to do it everyday.

I can remember my mother and aunties always looking so made up with their red lipsticks (or bright pinks) and powders and such. Flash to today and alot of us fifty and older gals are running around nakie and lovin' every minute of it!!!Too cool.
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  06:49:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I've never been too much into the makeup thing and I hate that heavy feeling of foundation. I like the new mineral makeups. If I'm going to work at the cemetery or out in my yard, it's usually just blush and lipidy stickitdy. I always have my lipstick or lip gloss. If I'm going to town or an occasion, I'll do the whole mascara/shadow thing, but even then I prefer neutrals.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  07:33:00 AM  Show Profile
When I was working I had to wear makeup and dress to the hilt. Then retired and wouldn't go to town or have company without applying makeup. I quit doing the eyebrow thing when I couldn't get them right and it was obvious because they were visible above my glasses. I still wear eye liner and a little foundation to lighten the naturally dark circles under my eyes. But just this week when I went to do the shopping, I said the heck with it, applied moistureizer and Burts Bee lip gloss. They did not kick me out of Walmart or the grocery store and no one looked at me funny, like they were saying, "man, she needs to go home and put on some makeup!"
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  07:53:25 AM  Show Profile
I wear Pur minerals makeup and really like it.

The truth is...I never leave my house without makeup. Alright, I will go to the mailbox across the street, but I wear sunglasses. I know...it's silly, but I just don't go out without it.

Joyce

Edited by - 1930sgirl on Jun 26 2009 07:54:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:06:14 AM  Show Profile
Dolly Parton I'm not but I need my makeup. God bless mineral powders, pink toe nail polish and toe rings. LOL My nails are a almost clear pink but I found a trick. This is for farmgal's only. I use that white French nail polish UNDER my nails. Not only does it look natural but it won't let my garden dirt show through. How great is that? I live in TX and if I could have the BIG hair thing happening I would, but like Mary Jane mine is very long and straight. I wear pearls with jeans and still go bare footed. At 53 I'm free to do whatever I want and love every minute of it.
Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:16:03 AM  Show Profile
I'm not a fan of make-up. I think I've wore it 2x's in the past 5 years. I end up giving it away because I just don't like how it feels. This last time I got the mineral powder and I used it once. I just don't feel the need to wear it. But I don't look in mirrors either.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you wear make up? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page