Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 What are your thought on Jon and Kate?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic What are your thought on Jon and Kate? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  7:59:54 PM  Show Profile
I hear they are getting a divorce. What do y'all think about Jon and Kate. I feel for both of them. I do hope they work it out. Before I say more, lets hear from the girls.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  8:17:24 PM  Show Profile
Sad! I used to watch that now I don't. Got itred of crabby kate long before the trouble started...but I think they should have quit the show when it threatened their peace. Family first! But I think from the articles I read that Kate insisted on keeping the show going. My personal thought is that she got greedy. Too sad! I can see how it can happen...you get used to getting all that special treatment and stuff, stuff, stuff, especially after a season of doing nothing but caring for 8 small children. Well, it goes to show that money really is the root of all evil. I have never seen people I care about improve with more money coming in, rather I have seen their morals and character corrupted. I like being comfy- not poor and not rich!

Dalyn

~Hick Chicks Soap Barn ~
www.hickchickssoapbarn.com

Homespun Raw Goat Milk Soaps 'n More

http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
http://proverbs31nubians.blogspot.com/

Muckboots 'N Aprons at Home Chapter
http://yakimafarmgirls.blogspot.com/

Edited by - QueenofQuiteAlot on Jun 26 2009 8:18:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  8:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I just wish the media would stop it. It's quite enough. It's a shame a family was torn apart. I think Kate got greedy as well. I agree. It's just a shame. I don't really watch the show though.

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  8:53:32 PM  Show Profile
So so so sad for all those little kids to go through this on camera. Sad. I sure wouldn't want a camera in my home all the time. No amount of money or fancy stuff is worth that. Family and peace is worth so so much more.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  9:36:23 PM  Show Profile
The family is a sacred and beloved place and no place for the media. I feel mostly for the poor children in this .

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:07:11 PM  Show Profile
I"m with Annika on this - the kids are living in a pretty messed up artificial environment.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

Edited by - mikesgirl on Jun 26 2009 10:07:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  01:20:21 AM  Show Profile
I think Kate got greedy too. I understand the need too feel she has to provide for her children and taking advantage of some opportunities taht presented themselves. However, I think Jon is a little too laid back and was a little like an extra kid for her to deal with.
He never seemed to help like he should have, especially towards the end.

With all those kids, she has to be a little strict, organized and on a routine, or it would be chaos. Jon never appeared to get that. That said, Michelle Duggar has twice as many kids, and is always loving and gentle.
She is not harsh and screechy like Kate.
I also think Jon wanted out because he wants to be free and single.
I do hope their divorce will be aminicable,and they can work together to raise those babies.
I also think they need to stop the show and work on their family-whatever happens.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  07:54:34 AM  Show Profile
I share all the feelings of all of you. Kate screams just too much at Jon. I can't take all that screaming.
Ditto on Michelle Duggar. She is a hoot. I really enjoy that show.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  08:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I can't say anything about the Duggars as obviously I don't know them personally but it seems to me that even they have got sucked into the whole 'show' thing. I think perhaps it started off as something they wanted to do personally but now it seems like it's almost attention getting..
Especially when I saw the special of when they went to New York and they were handing out Post cards of themselves to everyone who walked by on Times Square. She keeps having babies so they keep having shows, etc.

I just don't know if I feel comfortable personally with that. But that's just my opinion! :)

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  09:23:33 AM  Show Profile
I think they are all nuts, who wants to air their laundry on national TV??? All they will acomplish is, damaging those poor kids.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  09:53:54 AM  Show Profile
This whole scenario strikes a nerve with me. The bottom line is the welfare of those little children that didn't ask to be a part of all the publicity. Like Sherri says, it's a very artificial environment and I feel they've almost been exploited. But then I always will stand firmly on the side of whatever will benefit and nurture children the most.
As for Jon and Kate...well he needs to buck up and find a spine and she needs a tranquilizer. :)
Di - humble opinion as always. lol
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  10:17:22 AM  Show Profile
I agree with putting the laundry on TV. Not for me. Sometimes I think they are after the celebrity thing. Not for me.
Funny Diane, about "she needs a tranquilizer". LOL I notice in one of the last ads on TV about them Kate was looking a little meek.
I assume she is worried about the money.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  11:29:35 AM  Show Profile
It makes my heart hurt that they allowed so much stress and pressure to infiltrate their home. AThe kids bear the brunt of it all. I wish TLC would let them out of their contract so that they can have a normal life and get the help they need to reconcile.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  12:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
First, those kiddos need to be thought of first, not the teeth whitening, hair implants, motorcycles, HUGE home with all the fixins, the extravagant trips, gym memberships, expensive pure breed dogs that need training, the 8 matching outfits at all times, fake bake tans and artificial nails and expensive clothing. Yes, I have seen every episode and I honestly believe the way Kate has treated Jon, so mean, abrupt and unlike a real woman should treat her husband, maybe she would have gotten that love back. I think she has a high case of diva-ness and forgot the whole reason they started the show. I think it is sad that they will keep going. If they had lived a little more frugal and real, they could have done the show for a few years and lived off of what they made, having enough for the kids and themselves. I think it would have grounded them more if one of them had a real job. I am so tired of Kate saying that the show is their job. NO, reality is people need to work real jobs and film real people do such things. I honestly think if she had to stay working as a nurse, her perspective and priorities would be different. And I am sorry to say this bluntly, Jon needs to be a man and grow a pair, get a job, get over the fact he has 8 kiddos at such a young age and get out and work. Even if it is working as a cashier, it sets an example to those kids. They actively chose to get pregnant and then it turned out to be 6 kids. I understand wanting to keep them all but they knew that from the beginning. No one owes them anything for having so many kids. They made that choice. I know people who do it everyday, living in 1500 sq, foot homes, both parents working and shopping at Goodwill to survive. Ok..sorry about my rant...but it makes me so mad this sense of entitlement from 2 irresponsible adults. The kid are the victims and if they are not careful, they are headed down a dark road when no one is watching them. Can I get an AMEN!!! I am praying for the kids everyday.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  6:21:43 PM  Show Profile
YAY...somebody else thinks the same way I do!! Sorry, but I think that Kate is way to caught up about herself. Heather totally summed Jon up. All I can say about the Duggars is, "hurray for them, they can produce a baby." So what? Anyone can have tons of kids but choose not to. They have chosen to have tons....why does that earn them a spot on national tv? I am way to concerned about the issues in Iraq, North Korea and our nation to bother with watching people fight and have babies. I have my life to worry about and my kids to raise.
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  7:01:15 PM  Show Profile
I've never watched the show (we don't have cable) but I've heard a lot (too much!) about it. They are greedy, plain and simple. She wants the show so she can be in the spotlight and get as much money as she can and I think Jon just doesn't want to be the responsible father he should be. A father with eight children at home should not have the TIME to be running around with a mistress. I bet you anything that the money is being spent as fast as it rolls in and these small children are being paraded around like a freak show but will not have any money set aside for themselves when they get older. Soon enough, in due time, people will be asking "Jon and Kate, WHO?" I think a mother of eight children should be far lkess concerned with a tummy tuck, fancy hair and nails, etc. and be far more concerned with her family. If it comes down to quitting a show in order to save a marriage she should have done that. But money often comes above all else...it's sad.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  10:18:21 PM  Show Profile
AMEN,Heather!!! Exactly what I think.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  05:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well I feel better that I am not the only one who is not intoxicated by their fakeness. I just don't buy it. They were so cute when the show first started. I didn't mind her tummy tuck or the free items like paper towels, food or diapers. Those things I understand, they are necessities.I honestly think Kate thinks she is a celebrity for having so many children. If they didn't use invetro or whatever method they used, they probably wouldn't have kids. Would their marriage survived if they weren't Jon and Kate Plus Eight? I don't think so. I think Kate had a lot of anger and controlling issues before even having kids and it seems she thinks she is being cute and funny when she is down right cruel to the people around her. Believe me, those kids notice it and I feel simple awful for them.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Edited by - catscharm74 on Jun 28 2009 05:53:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  06:00:00 AM  Show Profile
I enjoyed the show in the beginning, when they were showing how they got through a day-to-day normal routine of raising their family. It was charming and the kids melted my heart. When Kate started to turn into a shrew, and both got greedy, I started to lose interest. I remember when TLC (the learning channel) was more educational and had interesting programming. Now, IMO, it's turned into a tabloid, exploitive channel...now showing all the dirty laundry of peoples' lives and some pretty bizarre stuff. TLC seems to be all too happy to keep airing this, along with the addition of other TLC shows making an appearance to hike ratings. I mean, really...the motorcycle guys (OC Chopper) showing up on Jon and Kate + 8?? It's getting so ridiculous! It should have been ended before the trouble began, in the interest of the kids. I blame both parents and TLC for the greed and money.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  06:05:25 AM  Show Profile
I don't watch the show, as far as I know it is not on tv here (?? maybe it is, duh) I read a lot about them and just feel sorry for the children. They always suffer the most :(

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  06:41:20 AM  Show Profile
JOn and Kate who? I think I saw something on a tabloid magazine about them.... don't care as I don't watch stuff like that.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  07:15:55 AM  Show Profile
I've never really watched the show but do flip by TLC as I watch some of their other programs. But, IMO, I could see maybe doing the first special since having all of those kids (at once) IS quite unusual and they could have used any money they made from that... As for a series, I don't know why anyone would want to have cameras in their home and have their lives watched 24/7. It's so sad to me, all of those kids having to go through their parents splitting up and in the spotlight.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  07:29:10 AM  Show Profile
Ditto what you girls have said. She is selfish person, and I heard she goes to all her speaking engagements and comes home when it is time for the show taping. Her husband is stuck with the children when she goes. Home life doesn't sound that great for him or the kids. He tries to get out once in awhile for R&R and when he does poparacy is right there to pick up any dope on him. So unfair. If an old friend come up to greet him they have him as having an affair.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  10:41:18 AM  Show Profile
Judy I agree with your view totally!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  1:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think that I wouldn't want a camera following me around all the time. What works for our family dynamic would surely be a topic for conversation. Any time you ask anyone about raising kids there is a big controvesy- to spank or not to spank, to homeschool to not to homeschool, to cloth diaper not to cloth diaper etc. I can be cranky and I lose my temper sometimes especially when Nora has just destroyed something that is important, and yet I love my husband and my daughter more than life itself.

I honestly don't have an opinion about Jon and Kate because I can't imagine how hard it must be to have 8 kids out of only 2 births. I feel bad that they have marital issues but the one thing I do respect is their decision to not shuffle the kids around. Kate has said that Jon will get an apartment and the kids will live at the house. When it is Jon's turn to have the kids, Jon will stay at the house and Kate will excuse herself to another location for his visit.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  06:31:23 AM  Show Profile
What saddens me is how far from Christ they have become. Jon used to wear the Isaiah 40 t-shirts all of the time on the show. They showed them going to church a couple of times. On AOL today they have a picture of Jon holding hands with his girlfriend in France. I don't think that is showing his children nor the Lord any respect. We no longer have cable so I can't watch the show anymore and am quite glad.

Blessings!
~Farrah

www.oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic What are your thought on Jon and Kate? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page