Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 What are your thought on Jon and Kate?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic What are your thought on Jon and Kate? Next Topic
Page: of 2

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  09:53:18 AM  Show Profile
I watched the show a while back and when I heard about what was going on I was very sad. They had that whole Hawaiian renewal of their vows in front of their kids thing not that long ago. What a shame and what a lie. I feel so bad for all of them. I agree with Farrah that they used to have a deeper faith, or at least that's what you were led to believe on TV. I really enjoy watching the Duggar family now, at least they show a strong Christian marraige regardless of how many kids they have. They show such a deep love and respect for eachother and their family. Its joyful to watch compared to so much else that's on the air today. I wish in general we had better options for tv overall.

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  10:22:36 AM  Show Profile
Farrah:
Yes, I've notice the void with the faith t-shirts, etc... And, I totally agree with your last statement. I can sit there and scan the entire channels and there is NOTHING I enjoy watching. NOTHING!!!!!!! So, I just turn it to the Weather Channel.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  6:23:12 PM  Show Profile
I totally agree with Farrah! I saw the photo of Jon with his new girlfriend and earings and several hundred dollar outfit and I thought, how sad that a "christian family" can stray so far just because of selfishness and the love of money. I couldn't help but think back to the episode where they were first invited to speak at the church in California and all the talk about raising the kids and staying together. It is really, really sad.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  7:13:32 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, so sad. Maybe they'll have time to think things over, and see for themselves what's happened to them. I do not miss even seeing the commericals.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  10:01:40 PM  Show Profile
The last full episode I watched was when they got the dogs.
I got tired of Kate's whining and being a shrew. She turned what should ahve been a joyous family occassion into a chore and whine session.

It is sad they're splitting up, but I think a man can only take so much and be henpecked so much. However, I also think he is a bit of a whiner too. He needs to man up. He should have found himself before he married Kate!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  06:28:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Couldn't care less. TV is bad enough without stuff like that on it. Bleck.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  08:44:32 AM  Show Profile
Ditto to what Teresa said it is just TV how do you know that the ratings weren't down and this is how they thought to get the ratings up. And why is it that they think that we need to see what it is like to raise 8 kids. They knew that it was going to be hard now the kids also have to deal with the fact that there parents diviorced on national television.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  09:36:27 AM  Show Profile
I hate the show so much that I watch it! Nuts right? In the beginning it was cute. J&K appeared happy with each other.
Then it got to be "What free item, trip ect are they up to this show" New washers? new range? Trip to UT, NC, solar roof panels, hair implants, teeth whitening, tummy tuck (truth be told, I would take the tummy tuck too if my belly was that loose and wiggly)
K wants what she wants! Demanding. And a drama queen! And sadly, she gets what she wants. J, well, yes he needed to grow a set. But I guess at the same time, maybe he did not want to appear as demanding as K. So, he just let her have her way. And he just fell deeper and deeper into the hole.
I feel sorry for both of them. They have beautiful healthy children. A beautiful home with a large amount of property. They have the ability to raise the children safetly and healthy. Food always on the table. New clothes. Everyting at their fingertips.
I think the money was a big part of the break up. I think it was too much to fast. She wanted more and more. He just wanted to be left alone. They got more help with the kids and that was his opportunity to wander. Maybe he did nothing wrong the first few times. Maybe he was just hooking up with some friends at the club. But, he should have stopped there! Should have nipped it in the bud and stayed closer to home.
And yes, those poor children. I just hope that J&K do not bad mouth each other in front of them. Its bad enough they can't go to the supermarket with out seeing the papers. And I am guessing things may be said at school by the other children. They of course only repeating what they might over hear from their parents.

Anyway, that’s just my thoughts.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  2:38:12 PM  Show Profile
I don't feel sorry for either one of them. I think they both went into this for the money. Anyone who is willing to have a camera following them and their kids around is interested in the money! They couldn't do the show without using the kids. Obviously that doesn't bother them at all. None of these ridiculous "reality" shows are real in any way. I watched it twice at my daughter's house while I was doggie sitting. It was pretty boring then, I guess other people must of thought so too, so they decided a dose of divorce drama would kick up the ratings. What is it going to be called now Kate plus eight minus daddy? Sorry, if I made a rant. But I really hate these stupid shows.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  4:25:27 PM  Show Profile
Mary Jane:
I agree. I did watch them when they first started. The show was a little better than what the other ones were. But, when they started with the free this, free that, enough! No more for me. I continue to leave the weather channel on, muted. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  7:46:35 PM  Show Profile
Eight Minus Jon & Kate..the new TLC..
Only have caught glimpses of the show while watching the Duggars & Kate is such a B.. On the other hand, I really love the Duggars. I am completed blown away that they are debt free with all those kids & I know that now the TLC show is aiding that, but they were like that from the start. ( when the show started they had 13 or 14!) They did not have kid one until they had a cushion. That is so admirable & I love to watch & see their frugal ways. Of course in keeping with the necessity of viewer ratings, they too have to do the vacations etc, but they are going to Pigeon Forge, or a homeschooling convention, not Hawaii & a Utah resort to ski.
I love to watch their well oiled machine & their love & respect for one another.
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  8:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
This is my thoughts on Jon and Kate... They started out as a very loving family and seemed happy. As the years went on Kates hair got blonder, jons got less and less and the growling started coming. They fought and argues over this littlest things. The kids are the ones that are going to suffer in this relationship. I think its sad that a stupid show had ruin a perfect relationship. I honestly believe that if there was no show they would still be happy in their small home in central pa.

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  8:08:07 PM  Show Profile
I don't watch the show , but have heard enough about it. SAD is the only word I can come up with.
Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  8:36:04 PM  Show Profile
We don't have TV so I have never seen the show. But I can only imagine what being on a reality show can do to a family. Hindsight is always 20/20 though. I think that they just should have said "No" when the offer was originially brought to them to do the TV show. I would be willing to bet that they'd be in a much different place now.
I think it's terrible when any family is broken up and their's is no different.

You can visit my blog at www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  3:46:47 PM  Show Profile
Heather:
I would love to be the one to say, I don't have a TV. My husband loves to watch his "cowboy" shows, anything history. Not me. I'd rather be reading, playing the piano, or just being outside. It is a breath of fresh air to read that someone has no TV.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  6:41:37 PM  Show Profile
Seriously - I think the amount of media coverage they have gotten is horrific! I havent watched the show and dont care to. I was working out at the gym last week and EVERY magazine had a picture of one of the two on the front. I find the whole thing very disturbing!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  8:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marly! It actually started because we didn't want to pay the astrinomical price that they ask for cable here (and without it, you don't get ANY channels) and then it just turned into not needing it at all. I will say that I sometimes feel "out of the loop" when folks talk about TV shows but I'm still glad that we do without! :)

You can visit my blog at www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  9:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Heather! I would sell our set in a heart beat but my husband thinks that somehow he will die with out it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  9:14:43 PM  Show Profile
That is the problem at my house too Alee...sigh..

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Mulkey
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Jennifer
Arkansas City KS
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  1:36:29 PM  Show Profile
You know, I'm sure it's hard to raise that many children. Although many women have done it. I don't watch this kind of thing on tv though. I cannot imagine doing that (being on a tv show) to my children. What kind of life is that? What did they teach those kids? That money is all important! What an awful life lesson. I think surely there were other life lessons that would have done much better.

My opinion is that shows like this should never be on tv. It ruins families and the children. Which is why we don't watch much tv.

Who has time anyway?
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  1:46:20 PM  Show Profile
Alee and Jenny:
Same here. My husband loves the military channels, etc... If not, we would get rid of that ASAP.
Now I hear that the John and Kate show will return in August. No way will I watch the drama. No wAY!!! Kate is already poor me' ing herself about doing things on her own now that Jon is not there. Well, HELLO!!!!!!!! farmgirls do that all the time. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

moxieblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  4:14:09 PM  Show Profile
I've seen the show a few times, when there was absolutely nothing else on. They started out fine, but the times that I watched it I couldn't believe how Kate treated Jon. There just seemed to be very little real teamwork between the two of them, with her acting like his mom and him acting like a sulking teenager. I feel especially bad for the kids, they're being raised in a VERY unrealistic environment and neither one of the adults are setting a very good example.

As for the television, I could so do without it. There's really no shows on tv anymore that I *have* to see. Usually if it's on, we're watching the History channel, Sci-Fi, Discovery, or National Geographic. If it wasn't for those channels, we'd probably just get rid of the thing (or at least cancel the cable service). I couldn't tell you the last time we watched anything on NBC, ABC, or CBS.

Farmgirl #242
http://vintage-moxie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calico Countess
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Christie
Bow Island Alberta
Canada
16 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  11:44:06 AM  Show Profile
Just to let you all know, I went onto the TLC website and left a comment regarding the Jon and Kate Plus 8 show. I told them that I thought it was a poor decision to keep this show on the air in light of their relationship troubles and asked them if it wouldn't be better to let them sort out their personal issues in private. I also pointed out that pursuing the show makes me question their (TLC's) integrity because it would seem they are milking the personal problems of this couple for ratings. Of course, I got a canned response back, but hopefully if a few people write in, they'll realize that there's probably more who would like to and just haven't and perhaps rethink the whole thing.

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful" ~ Mae West
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic What are your thought on Jon and Kate? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page