Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl. Next Topic
Page: of 7

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  1:22:15 PM  Show Profile
When there are more pictures on your camera of your cow than your kids,
When you spend much more time at the seed rack than at the clothes racks,
When you are thrilled to get a new bucket,
When people you don't know call on the phone to ask canning or animal questions because they "heard" you liked that sort of thing,
When your apron is your uniform!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  1:26:30 PM  Show Profile
Now these are funny right here, I don't care who you are! (I love the four country comedians when they get together.)

If you have muddy boots living outside your back door, that can be slipped into in a second......youuuuuuuuuu might be a farmgirl.

If you can't smell manure anymore when you go in the barn......youuuuuuu might be a farmgirl.

If your alarm clock is the banging of milk cans in the barn........you might just be a farmgirl!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 26 2009 1:30:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  1:50:24 PM  Show Profile
You might be a farmgirl when.... you are pulling an oversized bull calf and give cooking directions for pies for the Memorial day picnic to your Daughter-in-law at the same time, and she joins in on the pulling and you both end up on your backs laughing with a slimy , wiggleing calf on top of you.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  1:51:33 PM  Show Profile
Shirley Jean, i did'nt know manure had an odor?

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  2:01:13 PM  Show Profile
Teresa, I've never pulled calves, but I've pulled plenty of kids and lambs!
Good one!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  2:21:03 PM  Show Profile
Annika, you might be a farmgirl... when you have bummer lambs and kids in boxes in your kitchen to keep warm & easier to feed in the middle of the night

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  6:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love this thread! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  8:09:25 PM  Show Profile
This is such an amazing topic. To read what the other girls are putting. LOL I love this post!!!!!!!!!
You must be a farmgirl if you know your neighbor has to have surgery on her knee and she is outside mowing her yard, well- the farmgirl goes over and demands to mow for her. She just takes over the mower!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  8:20:36 PM  Show Profile
If you do all your Christmas Shopping at Tractor Supply........you might be a farmgirl

If you have horse halters and bridles hanging from your bathroom door............you might be a farmgirl
If you can unload round bales with a front loader...........you might be a farmgirl
If your favorite fashion accessory is a straw cowboy hat with horsewoman beads..........you might be a farmgirl
If you wear muckboots with shorts and your straw cowboy hat shopping at the feed store..........you might be a farmgirl
If when your sister says "I love that shirt where did you get it," your answer is "The feed store".....you might be a farmgirl
and
If when you go to a new city for a visit you check out the feed stores and tack shops.........you might be a farmgirl

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  8:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh, just thought of another one.
If you wash halters, lead ropes, and horse blankets first before the towels and sheets and hang them on your clothes line..... you might be a farmgirl

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:29:06 PM  Show Profile
LOL !! To me (personally;) ) you must be able to ride a bike for 20 odd miles to retrieve your lost bag and STILL be able to sing in the choir in the eve.

Story on my blog ;)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  03:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
You might be a farm girl if one of your favorite scents is fresh mowed hay and cow manure in no particular order.
You might be a farm girl if you have walked out back to use the 2 holer and know what one is.
You might be a farm girl if you hear someone say, "she's runnin' around like a chicken with her head cut off" and know EXACTLY what that looks like.
You might be a farm girl if you know the difference between a "male" and "female" corn stalk and don't think that is at all funny.

Great thread Teresa Sue!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  05:47:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
If you wash out your horse trailer after hauling hogs in it, then let it air dry for a day before you use it to move, you might be a FARMGIRL.

Hey, it was Rene's idea :),but it is fun huh?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  10:56:25 AM  Show Profile
....If while cleaning out your freezer in preparation for this years harvest, you let your naked two-year old son stand outside on the deck and eating frozen homemade applesauce because he wants to watch the irrigation on the bean field next to your house....

...If your kids' have carseats in not only your car, but your tractor and semi, too!...
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  11:17:51 AM  Show Profile
...if the smell of horse manure is comforting
...if you've ever had a goat in the back seat of your car
...if the farm vet is on speed dial
...if you find yourself with a lamb bottle nipple and a pair of pliers in your purse
...if you've ever been woken up to a goat bucks mating "song" to the does...
...if you find yourself with hay in your pockets
...if you've ever stuffed a cold lamb or kid in your shirt with you to warm them up
...if you like to stand in the barn in the winter and hear the sound of the herd munching hay as a kind of music
..if you DONT look forward to docking, de-horning and castrating, but put on your big girl boots and go at it.
...if you can help deliver a difficult kid and at the same time order Chinese take out =P
Chances are...you might just be a farm girl

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Edited by - Annika on Jun 27 2009 11:19:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  11:20:51 AM  Show Profile
Teresa.....you....must be a farmgirl! LOL

If you look forward to Friday nights with your hubby, going to Farm & Fleet......youuuuu might be a farmgirl.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 27 2009 11:23:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  11:27:28 AM  Show Profile
You must be a farmgirl if:

Your kids invide their friends over to swim and they all jump into the stock tank

Your farm truck headlight is held on by baling wire

You have your own set of battery cables

you consider beans and cornbread a complete meal

You carry a pocket knife in your purse

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  05:20:25 AM  Show Profile
.... if you keep a sick chicken in your house because you don't want it bothered by the flies
.... if you think his tractor is sexy

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  06:08:11 AM  Show Profile
...if you stick baby pigs in the oven along side of dinner to keep warm....
...you drink water outta a community house pail.....
...you ain't skeered to pee outside....
...you know the difference 'tween wipin' with a weed and wipin' with poison ivy...
...you wrench on the John Deere along side your hubsters....
...you kick your hubby AND your FIL butt in a tractor pull...all while wearing pink
...you get slapped in the mouth by a cow's tail, and don't mind the taste...
...you pitch hay with the boys....
...you skin AND gut your own deer, and those of the sissy's that can't do it themselves...
...your just as protective of your animals as your are your kids...
...can hold your own with a bow...
...assist the vet in casterating goats...
...not only take care of your place but help your 85 yo neighbors too...

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  07:43:55 AM  Show Profile
I am so proud to "know" all of you!! What a bunch of strong, farmgirl women!

Here's my little contribution:

You might be a farmgirl if you have just as many blisters as your bluecollar hubs.

You might be a farmgirl if you've ever drove the tractor to pull the bobcat AND the truck out of a precarious, slick, side-of-the-hill situation that the hubs got them into. (He got the bobcat stuck, then got the truck stuck trying to get the bobcat out!)

You might be a farmgirl if you can tell the difference between a field of soybeans and a field of cotton (before the bolls have opened) while driving 70 mph down a two-lane road.

And, Beth, I resemble that girl in the muck boots, shorts, and straw cowboy hat, much to my DD's humiliation!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  08:40:01 AM  Show Profile
Love this thread - let me see what I can add

You know you are a farmgirl when on your kitchen stove you have a pot of fleece boiling, a pot of noddles cooking and a pot of Dandelion syrup bubbling away.

You know your a farmgirl when you run outside in your nightgown and fancy bed slippers to empail a badger on a pitch fork because it was after your hens.

You know your a farmgirl when you own more apron patterns and books then clothing patterns.

You know your a farmgirl when you have crocheted a rug out of a years worth of orange hay bale string.

You know your a farmgirl when you run out into a pasture and take off you shirt with nothing on underneath so you can get a better grip on pulling out a llama baby. Then greet your UPS man still with the shirt around the llama not on you and you ask the UPS man to open the door to the barn so you can check out the baby - all without remembering you had nothing on but that the baby was perfect!!!

You know your a farmgirl when you sleep more in the barn during winter then the house (Kidding and Lambing season) and that just Fine with you.

You know your a farmgirl when you can remember all 175 of your animals names but you get your two sons names messed up all the time.

You know your a farmgirl when during a tornadoe warning you find yourself sitting in the basement with no power, a head lamp on your head and you are crocheting away for a bridal shower. What is even better is you do not realize that everyone doesn't do this...

I will be back with more but you know your a farmgirl when your llama is sitting in your farm shop looking at you like "When you going to get to work". Then you are a Funny Farm Farmgirl...

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  12:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hahahaha, would have liked to see the look on that UPS man's face.........................hahahaha

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  12:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
If you castrate your male cat on the kitchen table with your vet friend, you might be a FARMGIRL.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  12:58:10 PM  Show Profile
If you've ever taken a bath in the water trough...YMBAF

If you've built a chicken coop out of an old trampoline (coop-o-line LORA???) YMBAF

If you played the game "cow patty steppin" YMBAF

If you ever made your brother or male cousin pee on an electric fence... YMBAF

If you've pushed a prolasped egg back into a chicken...YMBAF

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  1:15:47 PM  Show Profile
Grace you are too funny.
Ok you must be a farmgirl if you are so excited you can't sleep because you got your chickens out of the garage into their mansion, and then tell anyone you come in contact with
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page