Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl. Next Topic
Page: of 7

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  06:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Okay, this thread's for RENE'! She mentioned on another post that we should have something like Jeff Foxworthy's, YOU MUST BE A REDNECK, only it should be YOU MUST BE A FARM.GIRLSo, I'll start and I want all of you to jump right in!!

If you covet those knee high rubber boots at Big R (or Tractor Supply), you must be a FARMGIRL.If you love the peaceful sounds of your animals settling in for the night in the barn, you must be a FARMGIRL.If you get excited to go to Home Depot, you must be a FARMGIRL.If you think about your home grown beef in freezer like most people think about vintage wine, you must be a FARMGIRL.

If you stand in your garden and eat your very fresh dinner, right there on the spot, you must be a FARMGIRL.If you think hanging your laundry out on the line is a privilege, you must be a FARMGIRL.If you think nothing of canning 110 quarts of peaches, turning around the next day and doing the same with pears, you must be a FARMGIRL.

If you consider watching the chickens and pigs while you eat, Dinner Theatre, you must be a FARMGIRL.

If your grandson tells you, "Gramma, if you took your cinnamon rolls to the fair, you'd get a blue ribbon.", you must be a FARMGIRL.

If you just roll up your sleeves, tie on an apron, and just tackle that job to be done, you must be a FARMGIRL.Okay, I could sit here all day and think these up, but I have to go to work, so help me out here! LOL!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Jun 26 2009 06:39:05 AM

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  07:22:29 AM  Show Profile
If you like the smell of fresh plowed dirt, Y-M-B-A-F. If you like the sound of cows munching hay, If you buy your cloths at the farm store, If your garden is cleaner (no clutter) than your house, If you took those cinnamon rolls to the fair and got Grand Champion, you are for sure a Farmgirl. OK, I didn't get grand on my cinnamon rolls, but my daughter did.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  07:39:33 AM  Show Profile
If you need planters for your garden and you use up old chicken waterers you must be a farm girl. If you wear a lacy blouse with your overalls, you must be a farmgirl.
If shopping for power tools turns you on as much as shopping for fabric, you must be a farm girl. If they won't let you in the door without a loaf of home made bread at family gatherings or a friend tells you "please, don't ever buy a bread machine" you must be a farmgirl. If your grandkids turn their noses up at store bought applesauce saying "this doesn't taste like grandma's - it tastes funny..." you must be a farmgirl. If you have your three week old baby in the stroller, and you are pushing it back and forth with your foot while you core pears at the sink with a melon baller to can, then you are definetely a farmgirl.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:15:31 AM  Show Profile
This is the greatest thread EVER.

If you think someone should bottle the smell of horses and well used leather, you must be a farmgirl.
If the sound of thundering horse hooves during evening turnout is music to your ears, you must be a farmgirl.
If you consider the fact that you can pick 34 lbs of strawberries in under an hour to be a record and a point of pride, you must be a farmgirl.
If you spent 4 hours on-line looking for copies of iron-on embroidery patterns that look JUST LIKE THE ONES ON GRANDMA's tea towels, you must be a farmgirl.
If you clapped your hands and jumped up and down for joy when someone gave you 200 canning jars for FREE, you must be a farmgirl.
If you are the only person in your office who goes home and makes dinner from scratch every evening for your husband, you must be a farmgirl.
If one of the greatest pleasures of your day is digging potatoes out of your garden for supper, you must be a farmgirl.

I'm sure I could think of a 100 more, but I like reading everyone else's even better.

The chief source of failure and unhapiness is trading what you want the most for what you want at the moment.

Edited by - chaddsgirl on Jun 26 2009 08:20:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:17:07 AM  Show Profile
LOVE THIS! Y'all are on to somethin' here!

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:20:39 AM  Show Profile
If you find yourself excited by looking at Pressure Canners...you must be a Farmgirl.

If you long to smell the air outside every morning...you must be a Farmgirl.

If homemade bread and soup is your favorite meal...you must be a Farmgirl.

If you're barely recognizable without an apron..you must be a Farmgirl.

This is such a fun thread!
Joyce

Edited by - 1930sgirl on Jun 26 2009 08:59:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:22:26 AM  Show Profile
If you have an egg that has a feather stuck to it, and it doesn't gross you out...You must be a Farmgirl.

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:31:06 AM  Show Profile
If you plan your garden around what can be canned, you are a Farmgirl.
If you remember 10 recipes by heart for pies, you are a farmgirl.
If you tend to your animals first thing on morning you are a farmgirl.
If you are kind to the Earth and a good neighbour, you are a farmgirl.
Teresa Sue, you have so many neat ideas.
Corinne

Sister # 101
'Heaven on Earth' is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
If you love the feeling of mud between your toes- you must be a farmgirl
If you have trouble deciding which apron to wear in the morning because you love them all- you must be a farmgirl.
If you have trouble calling store bought eggs "eggs" then you must be a farmgirl

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sharikrsna
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Shari
Carthage Illinois
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:39:41 AM  Show Profile
If you have an outdoor washer, and a pantry shed, YMBAFG. If jumping on the tractor rocks your world, YMBAFG. If you eyeball the aprons at the mexican market YMBAFG.

Shari
Farmgirl Sister #607
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:45:37 AM  Show Profile
If when visitors come over and you hand them a bowl and a box of green beans and you snap beans the whole time you are visiting, then you must be a farmgirl. If you search the internet looking for canning jar lids in bulk, you must be a farmgirl. If your answering machine says "I'm knitting lace, leave a message, I'll call you at the end of the row" you must be a farmgirl. If your first thought is "how can I make...." instead of "how can I buy..." you must be a farmgirl.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  09:03:02 AM  Show Profile
You must be a farmgirl if....
You wear muckboots 'n aprons most days *U*
You have to pick hay out of your hair before you go to town.
"Shopping therapy" for you and your girlfriends means hitting the local ranch supply and maybe a thrift store or two.
You have to check your apron pockets for eggs periodically throughout your busy day.
People come to visit and they are swarmed by dogs, kids, and goats the minute they get out of their car.
You love washing dishes while looking out your big kitchen window...and the horses are looking in watching you wash dishes!
You don't set an alarm clock to wake you in the morning, you count on your own rooster to sound off, and you know if he doesn't, a neighbor's rooster will.
You sip your coffee while on the back of a horse.
As a matter of fact, you do alot of things on the back of a horse.

Dalyn

~Hick Chicks Soap Barn ~
www.hickchickssoapbarn.com

Homespun Raw Goat Milk Soaps 'n More

http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
http://proverbs31nubians.blogspot.com/

Muckboots 'N Aprons at Home Chapter
http://yakimafarmgirls.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  09:23:07 AM  Show Profile
You must be a farmgirl if:
Your daughters give you a gift card for Mother's Day from Lee Valley...and you're thrilled. :)
Your clothes closet is divided between "can" and "can't" be seen in public.
Your response to "you can't do that" is "watch me"!
Your idea of surprising your DH is having the framing of a greenhouse done before he gets home.
Your computer sits on a desk beside a window with a pair of binoculars and quilt squares you're working on.
Your idea of a great day shopping is an estate sale and thrift store.

Yep, you're right...this is a great subject that could go on and on!!

Di on VI
Farmgirl Sister #73
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  09:32:09 AM  Show Profile
Your response to "you can't do that" is "watch me"!

Diane, this has got to be my favorite so far. I've almost gotten to the point where I WANT people to say that, just so I can prove them wrong.

The chief source of failure and unhapiness is trading what you want the most for what you want at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:18:20 AM  Show Profile
You must be a farmgirl if:
You proudly wear boot (red) with a pair of shorts to mow the lawn.

Diane, I LOVE "you can't do that" - "watch me"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:22:55 AM  Show Profile
OMGOODNESS, this is the best ever........

You must be a farmgirl if..... you are in the hammock, in your pasture with a grandkid on one side and a goat kid on the other
You can shuck corn and nurse a baby at the same time

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:38:19 AM  Show Profile
I love a challenge. My dh doesn't say that to me much anymore. Sometimes I think I scare him.
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:31:51 AM  Show Profile
Any one at MJF writing these down? They will go great with our Farmgirl Reality show.

I don't get challanged much anymore. When someone tries, I can usually say, Been there, done that, got the picture, fair ribbon, chicken house or scars to prove it.
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:43:25 AM  Show Profile
LOL...ok, here's one. You know your a farmgirl when you have the RCMP come to your house because of dogs attacking livestock in the area and you end up having to comfort the officer who <gasp>, saw chicken innards and turned a lovely shade of grey/white.
Go to Top of Page

AngieB
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Angie
Elizabethtown PA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:55:46 AM  Show Profile
You know your a farmgirl when you get a kick out of the names and designs your hubby and kids carved into the bars of your freshly made soap while it was sitting out to dry!:)
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
LOL! I LOVE IT, way to go FARMGIRLS!

Love ya, Corinne

You know you're a FARMGIRL when your grandkids think you are so awesome because you know how to make homemade donuts and you let them help(so what's a little flour all over the kitchen,lol).

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Here's one, you know you're a FARMGIRL when you don't think anything about it when you pick a mouse up by the tail and toss it outside.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:31:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
You know you're a FARMGIRL when your hubbs comes in and says we have to go pick the hay bales up out of the field before it rains and you just grab your hat and gloves and farmgirl up.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:39:21 PM  Show Profile
Quote: Teresa

You must be a farmgirl if..... you are in the hammock, in your pasture with a grandkid on one side and a goat kid on the other
You can shuck corn and nurse a baby at the same time

lol
Now Teresa , you didn't rip the sides off the corncrib that day and use it for your pots an pans did you.

Ok, ya'll these are all pretty funny.....I smell the printing of t-shirts
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:41:51 PM  Show Profile
You know you're a farm girls when: You are unfazed by a mare placenta
When you look forward to a barn full of sweet alfalfa
When you know how to "catch" round bales as they are bounced from a truck
When you have a pet rooster
when you call your sweetie from the field to ask for more fence wire
whenn you can feed a bummer lamb and chat on your cell at the same time

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Edited by - Annika on Jun 26 2009 12:44:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  1:07:50 PM  Show Profile
you know your a farmgirl when....

you hurry to sweep chicken poop off the porch before company get there

your idea of a carwash is waiting for a good rainstorm

you get a new hoe for your birthday
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page