99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:27:12 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cabinprincess

I wear pearls with jeans and still go bare footed. At 53 I'm free to do whatever I want and love every minute of it.

Girl, I like how you think!

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  09:29:35 AM  Show Profile
I wear hardly any make-up during the summer. I'm outside alot and my face just feels yucky if I have make-up on and am sweating underneath it! I usually only wear some mascara and tinted lipgloss then. During the winter, I will wear foundation and blush so I won't look like death warmed over though. And I, too, have my toenails painted so the dirt isn't nearly as noticeable! I'll be barefootin' it for the remainder of my days!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:22:02 AM  Show Profile
I wear mineral makeup. Put mascara only when going out.
Sharlet! loved the toenail post. LOL
ALEE!!!! where does one find this costco mascara? I am in need of a new kind of mascara.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:17:15 AM  Show Profile
I wear mineral foundation in the summer and the regular foundation in winter. I have a blotchy complection so the foundation evens it out, though I typically only wear it maybe 4 out of 7 days a week. Sometimes I will wear eye shadow and occasionally lip stick. I really have no where to go to get real madeup and my husband likes me simple anyway so no need to impress people! I did just buy some face cream at Bath & Body Works for 75% off and it has sun screen in it as well so I have been making sure to use that daily, since I am often outside for most of the day.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:09:14 PM  Show Profile
Marly, I am assuming the mascara is from Costco the wholesale club store. I go there about once a month.Glad you enjoyed the tip on how to hide garden dirt(I'm sure there a lots of farmsisters that figured this out before me) I really do paint my toenails a darker pink. I wear flip flops lots of the time, most of the time in fact, except when I am out in the pasture, mowing or around snakey areas. I have bunions and regular shoes just make my feet hurt, so I like my toenails painted. I love the french manicure look, but that will never work for me. I'm going to try the white under the nails though. Ok, I could be like my grandmother and buy canvas tennis shoes and cut holes out where the bunions are......who knows it could be a whole other fashion statemnemt kinda like the jeans that people pay full price for that have holes in them.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:34:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sharlet for the information.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

sharikrsna
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Shari
Carthage Illinois
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  1:35:50 PM  Show Profile
I am a makeup fanatic! Though I NEVER ever wear goopy creme foundation. That's a sure way to add ten years! I like bare minerals foundation, or tinted moisturizer. But my addiction lies in the color cosmetics. I have large almond shaped eyes, and so I love to wear tons of eyeliner and mascara, and I love lipstick, but only very dramatic stuff. No light pink for me. I guess I am like Dolly Parton, I like the whole glam bit. Long nails, full makeup (except foundation) and I totally use everything Mary Kay makes on my face. Though, I am thinking of switching to Burt's Bees. More natural, and they make color cosmetics too now.

Shari
Farmgirl Sister #607

Edited by - sharikrsna on Jun 26 2009 1:36:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  7:43:52 PM  Show Profile
I don't wear much either. Mostly I wear mascara (my eyelashes are light light light light) and lip stuff. Lips Maybelline super stay in a light copper color (I have red hair...not brassy red or orangey red but auburn like and green eyes)... I do Cover Girl eye shadows when I'm at work mostly purples/dark grey/green...and the matching Play up the green mascara...which is a raisin color! woo hoo...it looks like my hair color almost BUT it's not waterproof. BUT I recently found a waterproof Covergirl called Exact Highlights in a "black ruby" that is sort of tinted a bit red.

Years ago for summer I used to get my eyelashes tinted. I can't find anywhere to get that done anymore. It just made them a bit darker so I didn't need the mascara but it also looked very natural.

If I don't have a little mascara on, I look like I have no eyes! My skin is very pale and so are those darn lashes. But I have a lot of allergies and rub my eyes too much...hence the waterproof needs.... Oh and occasionally I paint my nails. In the summer I even do my toenails! (Ok so they are subdued in a brownish copper but they are done!)

When I get all "dolled" up for something special...it feels unnatural now. Like when I was on stage and using theatre make-up! Oh and at 49, I've finally taken up using a very light "wrinkle reducing" spf 50 Oil of Olay moisturizer every day when I go out...especially in the summer!!! I use a noxema spray sunscreen on the rest of me, long sleeve light tops, and a hat...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you wear make up? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page