Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Southern Fried Farmgirls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Southern Fried Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 6

Sweetpeas Grandma
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jan
New Caney Texas
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  09:17:46 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls,

Count me in for the IHOP & Strawberries!! , I've never gone and picked strawberries before, so, let me know what I need to wear or bring. WoooHooo this is gonna be fun

Off Topic, How do I change my email address?

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
Porter,Tx. (N.Houston area)
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  2:32:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jan,
I've got to run out for a business appointment with some super people, so we can update more about the strawberries on the next reply since time is short, but it's easy except some bending over! But to change your e-mail address just go to the top of the page & go to profile & you should be able to update info. there, expect changing a user name as I had wanted to do, in that case I was told to re-register. Hope that helps.
Catherine since you mentioned that you are going to be out of town this Thursday, next Tuesday sounds good, here on this side.
Pam & Jan glad you want to go picking too. Talk back soon. Angel

Sharing & Choosing Healthier Alternatives
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  4:39:52 PM  Show Profile
Okay, Tuesday the 28th it is!

Now, for the time..... 6:00a.m., 7:00 or 8:00?

I can meet as early as 6:00 a.m. or as late as 8:00 a.m. I need to be home by 9:00 to homeschool my kids. I'm an early bird, so, 6:00 is fine and 7:00 is a good compromise.

Remember, we don't have to doll up with make-up and fancy clothes....just get out of our pajamas.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  8:19:35 PM  Show Profile
The best time for me is about 7:30 or 8:00, see what works for the others. I could compromise if need be. Best always, Angel

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  04:50:33 AM  Show Profile
7:00 / 7:30 is good.

Okay, Pam and Jan....

Oh, Pam, once the time is set, please let Holly and the other gals know so they can join us.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Sweetpeas Grandma
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jan
New Caney Texas
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  10:46:31 AM  Show Profile
I'm with Angel, 7:30-8:00, but, I'm game for anytime. Okay, where do we meet up at? Does this cost anything? Do I need to bring a bucket? Wear Gloves? Girls, I'm telling you, I don't know anything about picking strawberries in a patch How Long will we be gone?

Okay, I think I've got all my questions in a row now

Angel, thanks for the info on changing on email address!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  4:37:38 PM  Show Profile
Tuesday the 28th is good for me also, 7-7;3- is perfect!
Can't wait!
Yes I will tell others.
Pam
Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  10:13:58 AM  Show Profile
This upcoming Tuesday we are meeting at the IHop in Porter on the feeder, correct? Jan, I think that Catherine had mentioned in a previous message about us just getting together Tuesday for the coffee thing & just an excuse to meet up before the next months regular meeting & we would talk about making plans then for the day/time etc. for the berry picking adventure & we can update on the info. if anyone has more questions.
But to answer you now, yes we do need some money usually depends on how many pounds of berries you want to buy. Not sure of the going price right now per lb. we can check on that. The
pick-your-own places usually supply you with a container or bucket as such to collect your goodies. Sometimes then when you weigh & pay before you leave, they'll transfer them to a bag or other container for you to take home. Word of caution depending on want you're picking, I've learned in the past to sometimes take an extra container or two from the stand as you head out in the field. So as not to fill the container up & be bruising or crushing the bottom goodies. Many times I'll maybe use 2-3-4 containers, instead of 1-2 and put less in each instead of more in one, especially true on picking peaches, just food for thought to keep in mind. I never wear gloves when picking, but I'm sure someone could, but strawberries have no prickers. I know I should more often, my hubby gets on me for not saving my hands, but I can't help it. The fields are usually fairly well maintained where you can just walk the rows in tennis shoes, wear shorts(it would be long pants today for sure, hopefully our last real cold snap) or whatever attire you wish, sometimes of the year be sure to take the bug stuff for mosquites. We would probably be gone for a couple of hours when we go picking. Hopefully I covered most of your questions & that it may help. Later ladies, Have a good one, & Take care always...Angel

Go to Top of Page

Sweetpeas Grandma
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jan
New Caney Texas
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  10:55:17 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Angel,

I think you covered everything..... However, I see that I was confused on the date for berry picking. But, I'm still game for meeting at Ihop Tuesday Morning. 7:30 a.m. is that correct?

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Sweetpeas Grandma
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jan
New Caney Texas
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  11:58:03 AM  Show Profile
CAtherine,

I notice on another forum that you have chickens, I've got a Rooster, Production Red that is almost a year old. If you are interested you can have him. I've got 33 hens and 3 rooster. Poor thing, the other roosters won't let him have any girlfriends He's at the low end of the totem pole and even the girls will chase him off. However, he's in the teenage years and is trying so hard to sow his oats all day long, sometimes he gets lucky, sometimes not, but when the girls starts running from him then other 2 big boys comes to chase it off.

Let me know if you are interested.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  12:23:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey gals!!

I'm down in Crystal Beach for a few days. It's sunny and beautiful but the wind cuts right through you and chills to the bone.

I'll be at IHOP on Tuesday around 7:00 and wait for y'all to arrive around 7:30. I can use the time to write lesson plans and such. The two main topics to make sure we cover are:
1. plans for April meeting
2. set date and time for berry picking

Other than that....just fun and yackin'

Pam, is the morning okay for you? If it would be better to meet after 3:00, please let us know. We never want any of our fun to be a burden. If it cuts things too close for you in the mornings (to get to the store and all), then I can swing the afternoons.

Something Jan and Angel may not know.... I homeschool my two girls, 13 and 10. I was planning on bringing them berry picking. They've been before and just love it. If y'all have grandkids that would want to go, I'm sure they can come, too.

Jan, I'd love to have the rooster but I'll have to pass it by the animal police at my home (my husband). I'll get back to you. He just agreed to let us have another goat (Andy) and I don't want to push him over the edge too soon.

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  2:19:50 PM  Show Profile
Well Catherine enjoy...I'm headed out to cover a few of my plants the weather reports are talking 30's for tonight, & the wind here today cuts through us too, the sun was out earlier but now just cold & windy. Right now my computer says it's 46 with a wind chill of 40. Yes, I remember you mentioning homeschooling @ the previous meeting & possibly chatting about your daughters enjoying going, so I assumed they may go. It's usually great fun, except when my son got to a point of "oh no got to go help her pick stuff " but usually kids enjoy it. I would always get more to freeze for later. Well you'll stay warm, we may even bring in some more wood & light the fireplace again, & I just cleaned all the ashes out last week & vacuumed it clean. I figured we might have one more snap, but it's been sooo nice & mild, 60's,70's,even 80's. Oh well we should be back to 70's by the weekend they say. I was born in Fla. lived in New England, & since have lived here, & I got to abmit the longer I live down here & the older I get, it sure is nice being able to turn that garden over in Feb. or shorts in the spring etc.,So I guess you just have to make enough money to go to the places you want when you want, cause I do miss the snow sometimes & winter activites, but not interested in being cold for 6 months anymore! Later ladies stay warm, Catherine enjoy your trip, see you all Tuesday morning.....Angel

Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  7:44:45 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, see you all in the morning at Ihop, hopefully the rain will hold off, look forward to getting together again. Angel

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2006 :  05:16:47 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' gals!

I had a blast at IHOP.....such fun chatting and laughing.

Missed ya', Jan, but I understand about your needing to go to the hospital with your niece.....how is she? I hope all is well.

See y'all later!

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

Sweetpeas Grandma
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jan
New Caney Texas
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2006 :  08:07:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ya'll,

Sorry that I missed the iHOp get-together, but, Proudly announcing that I have a new 7 lbs.1oz., 20in.long "new"Great Niece. She was a beauty. Mom, Dad & baby are all doing great Let's see, that brings our total up to 6 Great Niece's and 8 Great Nephew's ranging from 18 yrs to 1 day

Was it decided when we would got strawberry picking??

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Texas
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Cynthia
Mena Arkansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2006 :  11:50:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Cindy Texas an AOL message
Catherine,

When are ya'll going to pick strawberries? I have never done that before and I would love to do it. Can you tell I was raised in the city? LOL

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  05:07:58 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Jan, on the new baby!!! How very exciting. New babies are the just the best thing! All cares are forgotten when you look into the eyes of a newborn. All you can do is smile, tear up a little and sigh.

The berry picking date is Wednesday, April 12th. We will meet at the IHOP in Porter at 9:00 a.m., fuel up with some coffee and then caravan out to the King's Orchard. It'll be about an hour drive there.

Our next Farmgirl gathering will be Saturday, April 8th at 9:00 at the feed store. We'll talk more about the berry picking then, too.

Cindy....I can email you directions to the feed store if you think you want to drive up for the meeting on the 8th. I can also get you directions to the Orchard from your place if you want to meet us there instead of IHOP. I'd love for you to join in the breakfast fun, but I understand if that's too much driving. Perhaps you could drive up to meet and then leave from the Orchard to head home.

I've got a friend, Kelly, that's going to join us on the berry picking. FUN FUN!!

We'll all have to share recipes for what we'll be cooking up with all the strawberries. Maybe even have a jelly making day together.

Y'all don't forget that we'll try to go back for the blackberries and the blueberries when they come into season.

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  09:58:16 AM  Show Profile
Sounds good, Catherine you did great, I was going to updated Cindy on our info. & I see you covered it pretty good already, very cool! Cindy we would love to have you join in, whenever you can, Sugarland is but isn't that far really, depending on the Houston traffic..Have a great day everyone, I've got to get off this computer & get other things done, like planting some stuff between our rainy days this week, & go to the feed store Hi Pam, she & her husband Chuck own it, Pam & Catherine have started this chapter this year, thanks again for jumping in..Jan, sorry we missed you the other day, but glad it was for something good, congratulations, I thought maybe the rainy weather might keep some ladies from coming out. Best always...Angel

Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2006 :  05:48:53 AM  Show Profile
Don't forget our second gathering is April 8 @ 9:00am at the Feed Store. I'm so looking forward to the berry picking trip, my mouth won't stop watereing..hehehe
How do you post a picture on here? I was going to put the babies on..help please! See you all soon!
Pam
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Texas
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Cynthia
Mena Arkansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  4:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Cindy Texas an AOL message
Catherine,

Yes, I would love directions to the feed store. Please either post them here or send me an e-mail. I am really looking forward to it and thanks for inviting me.

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  07:23:40 AM  Show Profile
Morning Ladies(maybe should just say good day, depending on when you get to read this) just checking in, they say we should have a break in the humidity this weekend around here and alittle lower temps, aleast for a couple days. The dog days of summer will be upon us before we know it. Meeting tomorrow morning right, I'll be there, if we don't go out of town fishing & do the natural setting & resting thing, maybe.
We need to put my new ovens in & get them out of the garage I'm excited to use them (going to have to read the booklet to understand some of the uses)convention and such. In order to put them in hubby (I help to as much as I can) will have to move the gas lines & put in 220 connection. We have just been busy the last month or two, & you got to be the mood when doing this stuff. We have been doing a remodel on our kitchen for more years than I want to admit. But we are doing it ALL ourselves, like move walls, built all new cabinets, etc. etc. it seems, looking good but we need to finish up. After these ovens go in that I just got, it's just figuring about moving the washer & dryer out somewhere & finish the last wall at the end of the kitchen & figure out the floor. It seems like there is always something to be done, folks sometimes say "if I didn't work I would be so bored" I think they are crazy, there is always something, may not be what you want to do but always something in one way or another, right. Take care & have a super weekend you'll! Later...Angel

Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  11:40:51 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, since you said you didn't have the directions yet.
If I don't talk to you, grandbaby in ER, headed to Houston I think, Texas Childrens she is just a year old with major heart trouble.
Anyways, it's called Knox Feed Store where they are meeting Sat. (if I'm able to make it) take 59 north all the way past airport, past 1960 in Humble over the San Jac river bridge and take the next exit of Kingwood Drive (cause North Park closed right now, beware constrution going on in this section) follow the feeder road down past North Park to a side road called Knox Road,about a mile or so, cause you are on the feeder you can only take a right onto Knox go down about a mile maybe, to the feed store on the left hand side of the road. If you go to Loop 494 road or over railroad tracks you went to far, turn around & go back down Knox.
Phone number there is #281-354-5022. They may have an easier way of telling you, but it is very easy. Got to go, try to check with you later. Angel

Checkout www.shaklee.net/allen
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  8:33:11 PM  Show Profile
Hey gals....came to check in.

Cindy, I replied to your email but it looks like Angel took care of the directions in a grand way!

I'm having big problems with the renters of our rent house. I've served them with eviction papers and they're not real happy. I've called the police for some drive by watches...the rent house is right across the street from my own house! Very sticky situation. I'll tell y'all about it tomorrow morning.

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  11:20:05 AM  Show Profile
Well we had a great meeting today! I was able to work it out to get there myself, but we sure missed you, Jan & Catherine,
(Cindy too, hope you didn't get lost trying to get here)hope alls well for you farmgirls! Lots & lots of things talked about, will tell more & follow-up in another message for those that missed or just interested, but wanted to get a quick note to be sure to welcome Ruth, Connie & Julie that came for the first time, we enjoyed having you, be sure to check around this site & came back again. I tried to note the many topics we covered, so hopefully between Pam & myself we'll remember to keep everyone informed. Take care & best always....Angel

Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  12:57:34 PM  Show Profile
Talk to you ladies tomorrow, going fishing!
Have a blessful weekend. Angel

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Southern Fried Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page