Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Southern Fried Farmgirls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Southern Fried Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 6

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2006 :  06:24:29 AM  Show Profile
It's official.....Catherine and Pam have co-founded a new Texas Farmgirl Chapter. YIPEE!!

We have just finished our journal and it will be on its way to New Zealand soon for its first stop.

We're putting together a big poster to hang in her feed store that will advertise our group. Pam is making some "business" type cards and I'm making some half page fliers. She sees farmgirls all day long at the store and she's been talking this up....the gals are so excited.

Our first meeting / social will be March 11th at the feed store. We plan on having goodies to eat and time to share ideas. So far, the gals are excited just for the fellowship of other farmgirls. Our vision for this group is to be what the connection site is to all of us....a safe place to share, encourage and have fun. Once we have our first meeting we'll see what projects we can join in on.

We also want to use this forum for our gals to get info. on meetings and to chat. We'll direct the gals to the site as our central base of communication instead of email loops and such. I spoke with Cindylou about this.....I didn't want to take advantage of MaryJane and the crew by using the forum for personal use. But, she said that's just what the Farmgirl Chapter Project forum was for. They're so great!!! Hopefully, our gals will join in on the general forum, too.

We welcome any advice or encouragment y'all have for us!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  08:02:17 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations! I'll bet you'll have a wonderful time...it sounds like you're already well on your way.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  08:17:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Libbie!

We made our poster yesterday. We used foam board and bordered it with some precious fabric....multi colored checker blocked with hearts. Our name was written on green paper and listed at the top as a title. We cut some of the green checkered information from the calendars....Maryjanes web info., the side notes, bring your handwork, etc... and placed them in various places on the poster. We think sunflowers might be our "theme", so I drew some and cut'em out and they were placed at the corners. One day you'll have to ask Pam about my drawing....quite childlike.

The center of the poster asks, "Are you a farmgirl at heart? Are you looking for friends to gather with and share tips, make crafts and have fun?" It then lists the meeting date and time. The poster invites gals to take a card and a flier of information.

Pam has some great ideas on local giving projects. She has a vision for us to be about serving and giving to the community. One that is dear to her heart is the battered women's shelter. So, we'll probably do a donation package for them that includes personal size toiletries and other items. A lot of these women sneak away in hurry and get to the shelter without anything. Plus, many of them have children with them, too.

To help our group fund raise, we're thinking about selling some of our crafts we make together at her store. A portion goes back to the farmgirl fund for future expenses on food, supplies and such.

Please give us any other ideas on fundraising.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  2:30:39 PM  Show Profile
Two new members!!! Hope to see them at this chat!!

Catherine

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  8:32:23 PM  Show Profile
I saw Pam today and she's been talkin' things up a whirlwind at the feed store. More gals are interested!! Pam should be chattin' pretty soon....she registered for the chatroom. Can't wait!!

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  7:38:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi This is Pam, New Memeber! I'm teaming up with Catherine here in Texas. We are both very excited about our first meeting. Hope all goes well, cross ya'll fingers for us!
As Catherine has said, I have been 'talking it up' at the feed store, we have a poster dedicated to Farmgirls, all the farmgirls I talk with, I have them sign the poster, as of this writing we have 8 farmgirls interested. I f it keeps going at this pace, we will have our whole county in our group..lol
Our first gathering is soon, any ideas?
Hope to meet you all soon on this chat forum.
Take care & God Bless
Pam
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  05:59:51 AM  Show Profile
'mornin' Pam and all y'all!

8 gals....that's great! I am so looking forward to the March 11 kick off meeting. Couldn't come at a better time.....plantin' time. Every year I get better at knowing what grows well in this coastal area. It sure would be nice to get some ideas from other farmgals.....maybe even seed sharing!

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  06:34:46 AM  Show Profile
Just an update on the sign up board, now there are 12!!!!
Come over soon so we can work up an agenda for our meeting.

See ya soon!
Pam
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2006 :  05:36:42 AM  Show Profile
Our first meeting is coming up on Saturday. Pam and I are so excited....new friends, new ideas and great fun. The response of Pam's customers at the feed store have been very positive and all the gals seem to really enjoy the thought of gathering with other gals.

Pam and I were talking about the difference in ages of all the gals. It'll be just as grand as chatting at this site with all the gals from different parts of the country, different backgrounds and ages.

All us women are joined in the bond of motherhood and simply being women. We are also joined by the bond of the labor of our hands and the farmgirl in our hearts. I can't wait to meet all these ladies!! Some never get out alone....without hubby or kids.....so, they are delighted at the opportunity to have some girl time.

Southern Fried Farmgirls can always use the advice and encouragement of other farmgirls.... please chime in if you read this post!

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  7:10:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Catherine, Are you ready for our 1st meeting? Do you know what we will be talking about? Let me know! See ya soon.

Pam
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2006 :  04:19:34 AM  Show Profile
Good Mornin' Pam

Sorry I didn't make it to the store yesterday...unexpected interruptions. But, I do not foresee any possible obstacles today!! I've typed up an "agenda" that is based on what we discussed earlier this week.....welcome, hello, names, you and I intro MJ's Farmgirl Connection, visions for the future and ideas from the attendees. I'll see ya' later today!

Has Mae had her babies yet?

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

Sweetpeas Grandma
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jan
New Caney Texas
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2006 :  7:22:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm Jan, just wanted to let Pam, Catherine & Angel know how much I enjoyed the "Southern Fried Farmgirls" 1st meeting last Saturday. Okay, I am "Southern" and I am "Fried" but I may be a little shakey on the "Farmgirl" Anyway, we had a great time and I'm really looking forward to getting to know these ladies. Really had a great time.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Sweetpeas Grandma
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jan
New Caney Texas
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2006 :  10:23:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm Jan and I'm new to the Southern Fried Farmgirls chapter that was started in Texas this past saturday. Had a great time at our 1st meeting and truly enjoyed meeting, Pam, Catherine & Angel. I'm definitely "Southern" and some would say "Fried" but I'm a little shakey on "Farmgirl"LOL. Anyway, I had a great time and look forward to our 2nd meeting.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  04:20:51 AM  Show Profile
Jan, you're funny!

I had so much fun gathering with all y'all....chatting, eating, chatting, eating.... I look forward to doing it again!

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  04:38:11 AM  Show Profile
Hey, ladies that come to read about the Southern Fried Farmgirls....

Our first meeting was a bang! We've got about 20 gals that have signed up and 4 gals were there to kick off the group's beginning.

Pam, the feed store owner, was just adorable.....overalls, pigtails...just cute! She told us that Chuck (hubby) likes it when she wears his overalls. We all laughed and said that was almost too much information!! Pam had a great set up. She had hung several large decorative sunflowers on the side wall of the porch where we were meeting. A couple of precious painted cans with flowers planted in them were adorning our gathering area, too. Her hubby had helped set up the table with the jug of lemonade and sausage balls. YUMMY!!

Jan was just delightful. She made a wonderful comment (paraphrased)- "Men always have their little morning gatherings....it's about time us women get to have some!" She is so right!!

Angel was sweet as jelly....In fact, she brought jars of homemade jelly for all of us....what a true farmgirl! The jelly was ssssoooooooo delicious. It was her own habanero pepper jelly. I know, it sounds really hot. But, the flavor was just so full. As it hit your tongue, the sweetness filled your tastebuds and then the full, robust flavor of the pepper came in, but not hot!! Just yummy!

I was embarrassingly late. My daughter had a sleep over and at the last minute I had to get the girl to her soccer game. I brought a carafe of coffee, New Orleans blend with chickory, and some fresh baked sourdough raisin bread. It made a yummy combination with the pepper jelly.

We all may try to meet for coffee early in the morning during the week from time to time. Our next meeting is set and all future meetings will be the 2nd Saturday of each month. Pam has a guest speaker willing to come and discuss gardening in our climate....can't wait!!

We look forward to any encouragement and advice you other Chapters have for us.

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  07:55:55 AM  Show Profile
oh you southern fried farmgirls are gonna' have such fun together .. so happy you are all joining us here on the forum .. we wanna' hear all about your grande adventures .. AND .. a kentuckian jus' might show up on your doorstoop at one of your future gatherings! xoxoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

mmallen
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Angel
Porter, Tx. (N.Houston area) Texas
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  8:35:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi, this is my first posting, hopefully I'll see if I have this figured out right, all this modern technology. Yes, the group was small for the first meeting, but as they say "Hey that's a start," but we did enjoy each others company,ideas & look forward to futher meetings. Catherine thank you so very much for your sweet compliment, glad you liked the jelly! Word of warning when growing the beautiful little habanero plants, you don't need many. Two plants are enough for bunches of batches of jelly plus plenty of cute little orange, very hot peppers to share with others. In other words alittle goes along way. (And you won't want to forget your gloves when handling these peppers.) And man, I mean farmgirls, those little plants can put out more than one family can use. So I'm up for any suggestions of other uses for these pretty little potent orange beauties. I personally don't care for real hot stuff, but my husband does & friends do, so sometimes I'll make a hotter batch of jelly. Folks are starting to put in the gardens & get the planting done down here in the Houston area, I'll be able to start picking some lettuce from my garden later this week. We've had a pretty mild winter this year around here, oh we've had some freezes but overall it's been fairly nice. Anyways, happy gardening, or whatever makes you grin!!
Angel

Choosing Healthier Altertives
Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  06:13:42 AM  Show Profile
Hey...this is Pam, we are really going now, I love that everyone has shared in this chat forum. Our meeting was small, but our friendships are LARGE!! I can't wait til our next one!
Jan is one of my customers that raises chickens and shares her eggs with her family and friends,(they eat well!) I look forward to getting to know her better. Angel is just like her name, we have become good friends in the past few years, and she has alot of good ideas and recipes that she is willing to share. And yes her jelly is wonderful, we ate the whole jar later that evening with family from out of town and they want to get a few jars to take back to Nebraska with them.
A few farmgirls came to the store after the meeting and were disappointed that they missed the first meeting and said they won't miss the next one! So we are really going to be rolling soon!
Catherine, don't worry about being late, because I know my time will come, hahaha!
A farmgirl from Kentucky? Well come on!!!!
Have a great day all. Pam
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  3:40:45 PM  Show Profile

Hello Southern Fried Farmgirls!
I have had the pleasure of talking to both Catherine and Pam ~ their farmgirl enthusiasm is absolutely wonderful!
It sounds like you had a great time getting to know each other at your first meeting! Be sure to let me know if you need another chapter kit! If 20 farmgirls signed the list, you'll probably want more certificates and bumper stickers soon!
Welcome Jan and Angel ~ you'll love this forum! You couldn't ask for a nicer group of farmgirl at heart friends!! Thank you for joining this chapter group!! I hope you'll make entries in your chapter journal before it travels to New Zealand!
Sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  4:51:37 PM  Show Profile

Hello again farmgirls! Last weekend Julie Bell and I visited Jo Ann (Mountain Girl) in Colville, WA. She made us feel right at home just like a farmgirl at heart friend always does. I thought you might like to see the picture of the adorable "napkin holders" she lovingly stitched for us!

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  9:47:56 PM  Show Profile
We had twins today!!! Twin goats that is! So adorable, so tiny, I just love them!

Pam
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  04:55:50 AM  Show Profile
Cindylou.....thank you so very much for sharing with us! Your comments are kind and we certainly love the encouragement. The napkin holders are adorable. I'm making some farmgirl nametags and I'll post pics when they're done.

We went to see the new twins at Chuck and Pam's place. My girls just love snuggling up with them (the kids....not Chuck and Pam!)

Would any Southern Fried Farmgirls want to meet for coffee one morning next week? How does Tues. the 28th sound? How about at IHOP? Let me know!!

Blessings
Catherine
Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  09:32:52 AM  Show Profile

Good morning Catherine! I can't wait to see your farmgirl nametags!! I wish I lived close enough to meet the Southern Fried Farmgirls at the IHOP ~ I'd love to meet you all!! Have a great time!
Congratulations Pam! We know spring is officially here when all the kids and calves arrive wobbly legged and dewy eyed.
Happy first day of Spring!!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

mmallen
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Angel
Porter, Tx. (N.Houston area) Texas
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  11:15:40 AM  Show Profile
Sounds great to meet and get together. Anybody up for or interested in going over to Kings Orchard in Plantersville, near Maglonia (about an hour more or less away from here)to go pick fresh strawberries one day? My sister told me this morning she just got her postcard saying they are ready to start picking.
I figured it was getting that time & I was going to pull up their website today to check. Don't know if you'll are aware of some of the pick your own places around the country. You just know it's fresh then, especially on things you don't or can't grow yourself. Kinda like cutting your own Christmas tree down, you know it wasn't cut whenever, it's not all dried out, and you don't have that many falling needles to clean up, so much less of a fire hazard,& best it's fun to get out!!(we usually go to one of the Christmas tree farms). I just love the pick your own places, if anyone knows of others worth going to.
FYI..If folks are interested for your areas alot of times your states argiculture websites or information phone numbers can give or get you the information. Anyways, sorry got excited & side tracked, back to the strawberries, Kings Orchard last I knew is mostly fruits, like strawberries, various types of blackberries, blueberries, figs, etc. when in season. Also just north of Houston is what I feel as one of the best blueberry farms around here called Moreheads Blueberry farm on FM 1314 between Conroe & Porter, easy picking no thorns like the raspberries, blackberries, dewberries, etc. (Although we have planted a few years ago in our yard near the aspargus bed, a row of thornless blackberries, still working with them, but so much easier & nicer to be around.) Of course it's still too early for any other berries than strawberries here so far, but it won't be long, spring is sprung! Everyone have a great week, & Catherine you took the words out of my mouth I had thought too about us calling a get together for like Thursday or so of this week, so whatever works that's okay...Take care, Angel

Choosing Healthier Alternatives
Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  5:09:06 PM  Show Profile
Anyday is fine with me, just let me know! I WANT STRAWBERRIES!!

Pam
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  04:26:42 AM  Show Profile
mornin' gals,

I love going to King's Orchard. I take my girls every couple of weeks for the different harvests coming into season. I can't get enough strawberries. I make preserves and syrups every year with our pickings....so yummy! We also like Moorehead's blueberries. I freeze them on a cookie sheet and then keep them in containers in the freezer.....I can just grab a handful when needed.

Y'all can meet Thursday...I'll be out of town....just make sure you take notes and keep me in the know! I don't want to be left out of anything! I'm a brat!

I still would like to plan on meeting on the 28th if y'all can make it. I'll have to check my calendar for a day to go to Magnolia....perhaps we can plan the trip at the coffee gathering. Hey, if we do this often, we're gonna have to have a name for this gathering.

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Southern Fried Farmgirls Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page