True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  06:21:52 AM  Show Profile
We could even spoof it a bit...

Remember Hee Haw? took place in Cornfield County?

How about "The Real Housewives of Cornfield County"

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  06:51:44 AM  Show Profile
Y'all are all cracking me up! I would love to see a show like this! Y'all film it and post it on youtube and let us know. We will watch it, rate it, and bump it up to worldwide prominence! The Real Housewives of Cornfield County has a nice ring to it, Dawn!

Farmgirl Sister #554

http://alabamaheartofdixie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KansasCowgirrrl
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Lisa
Linn Valley KS
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  06:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Send KansasCowgirrrl a Yahoo! Message
You have to admit that most of us have those "moments" that can be pretty entertaining. For instance, my kids enjoy watching me ride my high strung horse who often shies from butterflies, large rocks and stumps but loud vehicles, farm equipment and bicycles don't phase him. When he recently (and unexpectedly) tried to jump an 10-foot wide swamp on the trail and my hiney was probably a foot or more out of the saddle before I came down hard on the swells (either side of the saddle horn). I didn't fall off but I am sure I could have won AFV! It was a month ago and I STILL have bruises! Or how about the cat bringing giant bullfrogs, snakes and birds through the cat door at night and turning them loose in the house? Then me and the kids trying to catch and release everything!

I think MaryJane doing a Rachel Ray type show would be a big hit. And she could have clips of her farmgirls in their element. That's a show I would always watch!

Cowgirrrl Lisa, Farmgirl #596
A cowgirl is a woman with guts and a horse
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  07:46:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Lisa! I can relate to the cat bringing things in the cat door...it's amazing how fast a flying squirrel can knock down curtains!

I think a MaryJane show would be awesome! Can you just imagine what fun that would be? Great idea.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  12:29:46 PM  Show Profile
I honestly do believe that I would pop a batch of popcorn and curl up on my sofa and unplug the phone and tune out the rest of the family to watch an episode of The Real Housewives of Cornfield County!

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  12:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I thought of that too!!! Talk about REAL in all ways:) LOVE YOU GIRLS!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  10:01:50 AM  Show Profile
You know, Mary Jane has branced out in all kinds of markets. And very successfully, I might ad..maybe we could get her to start her own MJTV....? lol

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  1:06:41 PM  Show Profile
This is too cute, ya'll! I love it already. I wanna be in it, too! We could have episodes of breeding season, live births of all kinds of animals, butchering days, plowing, planting, harvesting. I would not be bored at all. I love shows like this. We could go around the country filming each family, kind of like Tye Pennington when they build houses. Spend a week on each place. You just never know from one day to the next what will happen on your place. Every day is different here, for sure. One day may be spent chasing bad goats all over trying to get them back in where they're supposed to be, the next it might be cows.

Good idea.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  2:02:50 PM  Show Profile
I have to agree with Kristin, I think it would be a great show. When ever someone would say something stupid about a farmer, I would always reply One thing God did not give us was a stupid farmer. Then I would say do you how how to milk a cow? and thats the easy part. They need to know all about the amimals, crops, land, taking care of a farm is a lot of work, and requires a smart, loving,good person to make it successful. I personally have never met a stupid a farmer. I don't think they exsist.. But one time I would admit to surfing off a cows tail in my bare feet in a rain storm. Usually we would get the horses ready and bring in the cows for milking but some times we would grab one cows tail and they would run toward the barns and we would pray we did't fall. That was pretty stupid but I was about 10.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  04:59:12 AM  Show Profile
That would be awesome. For those of us who can't afford cable, please put it on DVD...

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  06:21:52 AM  Show Profile
I wish ya'll could have been filming my last 2 days. Goats in the garden, then the cows walking over the fence and on down the road, then following me back home. That was cute. Then me and my friend Scott pulling up the honeysuckle-laden fence and tieing it onto t-posts. Now with the cows out back with the goats, that's a whole other segment. Trying to get goats through the gate to the milk room without cows coming in too. Oh my. Life on a farm with not much help. I sure miss my SIL. He's a great help around here.

When do we start filming?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Real Houswives of....... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page