Page: of 2

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  06:32:37 AM  Show Profile
Is anyone out there into Christian fiction as much as I am. I really love it! For me personally, I don't have to upset with language and other things. That is just me in my older age. I love the stories, they bring hope to a crazy world.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  07:05:39 AM  Show Profile
I have a lot of Christian fiction and I've been giving it gals on my Freecycle list. I have the whole Left Behind series, everything Dee Henderson has written and most of Karen Kingsbury. I have several others that hae been recommended by Women of Faith. I also read the Women of Culdee Creek series by Kathleen Morgan - very good. The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers was wonderful.

I love that there's no language and no sex, either. Some of the authors I used to really like have just really gone in directions I don't want to read, so I don't.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  07:34:07 AM  Show Profile
Kay
I have a lot of those except Karen Kingsbury. I have a couple by her and like her, just haven't bought any recently.
Did you read the Atonement Child by Francine Rivers?
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:47:38 AM  Show Profile
I love Christian fiction too!

I'm currently reading a series by Leisha Kelly. The first book is entitled, "Julia's Hope". The storyline is about a young family in the Great Depression. Circumstances lead them to an abandoned farmhouse owned by an elderly woman named Emma.

The stories go on to include the couples children, through WW2. I'm reading the third book, out of six. I'm really loving this series! I have actually been dreaming about the Wortham family.

I bought the books on Amazon, for a more reasonable price than I could get them locally. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Happy reading,
Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  09:14:34 AM  Show Profile
Joyce
I have read the first couple and they were good. I am currently in the Mitford Series. I am on book one, took a while to get into but I am enjoying it now.
Have you read the Yada Yada? They are good too!!
Rae

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  10:36:52 AM  Show Profile
Me too, I love the Christian Fiction. Most authors mentioned here I adore. Kathe Herman is great, Dee Henderson, Terri Blackstock, Lori Copeland and many many more :)

Have never heard of Leisha Kelly, sounds interesting. Will have to check her out online :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  7:32:04 PM  Show Profile
Rae:
Yes, I do read Christian Fiction, for the same reasons as you read them for. Happy reading.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  09:32:24 AM  Show Profile
Just got done reading A Cousin's Promise by Wanda Brunstetter, it was good, read it in a day and a half!!!
Rae

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  10:22:22 AM  Show Profile
I am now reading One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury.It is about 9-11 and very very good.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  9:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I really like, Wanda Brunstetter, Beverly Lewis, Lori Wick, Lori Copeland, Cathy Marie Hake, Kim Vogel Sawer, Tamera Alexander, ect... I've read all the one that the library has and then I read them all over again.. lol..
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  9:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh, I forgot to say Janette Oke is another one of my favorites. I love reading!! I wish I would read all day! lol.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  5:22:48 PM  Show Profile
I have Beverly Lewis' Abram's Daughters. all 5 books in the series.
Jane Kirkpatrick "All together in one Place" and "No eye Can see"
Lori Wick "city girl" and "Every Little Think About You"
Al&Joanna Lacy 5 books from the "Mail Order Bride Series"

Would anyone like them???

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  5:27:20 PM  Show Profile
I also have Kristen Heitzmanns' Diamond of the Rockies all 3 books in the series.
And the whole "Left Behind" Series.
Again, if anyone would like any of them, please let me know.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  5:34:24 PM  Show Profile
I love Christian fiction. It brings me a sense of peace and escape, and joy. I used to feel guilty about it, because it is not what the world calls great literature. And I felt I should be reading that. I love old classic lit, but some of the new Pulitzer prize winning books make me depressed! I have given that up! I want to spend my time being sustained and uplifted, if I can. Life brings enough "reality".

I like Lauraine Snelling, Karen Kingsbury, and the books that have four novels in one about different states and parts of the country when it was just beginning. There are even some about the Canadian frontier. I like Janette Oke and Lori Wick and I have found a new author (to me) Robert Whitlow, the John Grisham of Christian fiction.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 29 2009 5:40:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  6:28:55 PM  Show Profile
Try Grace Livingston Hill. She always has a good message of salvation :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  7:02:56 PM  Show Profile
That is why I stick pretty much to the Christian fiction, there is a good wholesome message in the book. I feel good when I am done with the story and it also inspires me to keep my life closer to God.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  7:30:29 PM  Show Profile
Lynn Austin is a friend of mine and she has written quite a few Christina fiction books. All of which are really god!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  8:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Kathy, how much are you selling them for?
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  01:31:13 AM  Show Profile
I love Christian fiction. I just got two wonderful books from the library - Christian historical romance. Stonehaven and Kingdom Come, both by Amanda MacLean.

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  04:25:58 AM  Show Profile
I have read some of Lynn Austin and they are good!! I am reading or should say re-reading an old series by June Masters Bacher, I like here writing as well as ALL the other mentioned!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  05:04:28 AM  Show Profile
Rae, I love Lynn Austin too! Have you read Hidden Places? It is one of my favorites.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  06:01:27 AM  Show Profile
Maggie14,
I am not selling them. I am giving them away. Email me what you would like and I will mail them to you.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  06:18:50 AM  Show Profile
I haven't read Hidden Places but do have the book here, it is my daughters but she left it for me to read. I have seen the movie though on Hallmark
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  9:24:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'll take them all Kathy. I did e-mail.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  1:28:21 PM  Show Profile
I am working my way through Thomas Kinkade's "Cape Light" series. I just love 'em.

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  2:07:30 PM  Show Profile
Hallie aren't they great, I just loved them!! How are you doing haven't heard from you for a long time
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Christian Fiction Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page