Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayer for a special friend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer for a special friend Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  7:35:03 PM  Show Profile
HI ladies--I'd like to ask some special prayers and positive energy for a friend of mine who is battling severe depression. She takes her medication but still sometimes gets so depressed that she sees things and hears things that aren't real, only she can't tell the difference. She lost friends because of it, was forced to leave a church because of it, yet still manages to work a full time job and maintain her own house. She's been accused of things that aren't true by people (church members, clergymen) who should know better, but it seems this world is very unforgiving of those who "dare" to develope a mental disorder. In fact, some people treat her like a criminal, her "crime" being her mental illness. But she's a farmgirl through and through and doesn't know the meaning of the words give up. All she wants is to live a life reasonably free of depression and to be accepted by people who understand just how hard it is to live a normal life when your brain sometimes goes so abnormal. I pray for her but there's strength in numbers so if you could all beat the bushes and send a rallying cry up to heaven, I'm sure she'd feel much better. There has to be a group where she can feel accepted and not judged. Mental illness is such an alienating condition--these people need to be embraced by society, not cast away. Their minds may be "broke" but their hearts are big as all get out. So if you could keep her in your prayers...
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  7:52:13 PM  Show Profile
Of course I will be saying prayers and sending light and love to your friend. I sincerely hope that she finds peace from her depression and starts to feel better. It is a crippling disease to endure.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  8:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Sending some happiness her way!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:41:29 AM  Show Profile
Good vibes going her way. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Prayers and wishes of good things.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  09:04:08 AM  Show Profile
Sending the very best of wishes and love that she get's through all of this and feels better soon. Please keep us posted on how she is doing and let her know that there are a lot of people who care.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  10:00:40 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, what is the name of your friend ? I will pray for her.
Corinne

Sister # 101
'Heaven on Earth' is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  12:34:10 PM  Show Profile
Corinne- my friend would prefer to remain anonymous. The last time she opened up to someone (a clergyman) about her problems, he ended up sharing some of her personal issues with other people (laypeople) who had no training in dealing with the mentally ill. So now she's understandably paranoid about people knowing she has a mental illness. But she does appreciate your prayers and healing energy. And I appreciate everyone praying for her.Farmgirls are the best.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  1:38:19 PM  Show Profile
Special prayers and good vibes sent her way.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  08:00:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Cindy, how cruel people can be! Your friend's brain is sick! If it were her liver that was sick or her heart that was sick, they'd be acting totally different!! I will definitely be praying that she be surrounded by happiness and understanding and that her mind be healed! And for you, as her friend, that you be given the right words to say to her and to know what to do to help her. But also, I'll be praying for all of those people who have ignorantly responded to your friend's illness!

Some people can really chap my butt! Especially people who should know better!!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer for a special friend Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page