Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 More prayer for my family please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic More prayer for my family please Next Topic  

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:22:55 AM  Show Profile
I got a call at 5 this morning that my older son and his best friend had been in a serious car accident. My son has a drinking problem and the accident was at 3 am so I'm pretty sure alcohol must have been involved. That said, please remember our family in your prayers. My son has broken ribs, collapsed lung, and lacerated liver. His best friend since grade school was with him and he was more seriously injured. He has 8 broken ribs, a broken sternum and a ruptured spleen. He was flown to Seattle for treatment. My son's name is Joey and his friend is Kevin. Kevin has two little boys and a wife at home - Joey is married to a wonderful woman who doesn't deserve all this. Her name is Toue and she could really use some prayer right now.

I am feeling very defeated at this point. I'm angry at my son, yet worried about him at the same time. I just hope both of them pull through this alright. I'm sure Joey will have legal consequences to pay but that is the least of our worries right now. All of the things that have happened to our family in the last few months are almost too much for me. I'm trying to stay upbeat, but I could use some prayer myself. Thank you all.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

Edited by - mikesgirl on Jun 20 2009 08:26:56 AM

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:25:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherri! I am so sorry to hear this. Will definitely be in prayer. Let me know if you need anything.

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:27:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Heather - I really appreciate it.

Farmgirl Sister #98
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:27:45 AM  Show Profile
Sherri, this is not your family's year is it? *hugs* Prayers going out to all and keeping them in the light. You take care of yourself too sister, this all has got to be wearing you down.

Blessings

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:36:07 AM  Show Profile
It's very much wearing on me Annika. I'm not sure where to turn this morning.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:46:55 AM  Show Profile
Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on how things are going. Know that you are thought of and that we care.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:50:59 AM  Show Profile
(((((((HUGS))))))) I'm so sorry Sherri, I hope that everyone pulls through this and is all right. You have every right to feel angry, worried and defeated with all this going on. Saying a prayer for you too Sherri. Wish I was there with you to just be company. Alee would say all this so much better than me, but my heart goes out to you.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  09:51:20 AM  Show Profile
Sherri, so sorry to hear you and your family are having another bad time. I will add you, Joey, Toue and Kevin to my nightly prayers. Take it easy and just turn to your garden if you have one, or a spot where you can find a bit of beauty, that will help you through.
Much love to you sister.
Corinne

Sister # 101
'Heaven on Earth' is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  10:10:16 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone. I have already been in my garden this morning Corinne - you're right. It does help.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  11:02:06 AM  Show Profile
Sherri--I'm so sorry for all that you're going through. Sometimes life throws so much at us at once that we don't know what to do. I will keep you and your family and friends in my prayers--stay strong, God is with you. <<<HUG>>>
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  11:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*hugs* Oh Sherri! I hope both of the guys are okay in the end. This had been a rough spring for you, for sure! *Hugs* They will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  1:51:06 PM  Show Profile
Sherri, I just feel so terrible about all the pain and suffering you and your family have been through. I know it does seem like sometimes we are under a black cloud for some reason. I have been there too. I pray that your son and his friend come through this good as new. Maybe this will be the turning point for him Sherri. I pray also for you and his wife. Anyone would feel sad and defeated at this point. You have been so strong and positive in the wake of all that has happened before this. My prayers are going out to you and everyone right now. Please keep us posted.

God bless and keep you all,
Love Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  07:45:56 AM  Show Profile
Sherri, my heart goes out to you and I'll be holding you and your family up in prayer. My family suffered a year such as yours and we joked that the hospital needed to name a wing after my family, so many of us had been in and out for different reasons!

Know that you are surrounded by love and positive thoughts and prayers! That can be difficult to do at times, but sometimes the just knowing of it will get you through the day. And that's really all you can do is to take it one day at a time! And remember to do at least one thing just for yourself each day, whether it's time in your garden, a hot bath, or screaming at a tree to relieve some of your anger and frustration. You're no good to your family if you aren't taking care of yourself!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  09:06:22 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone - reading your posts really helps. I'm feeling guilty this morning because I don't want to go see him in the hospital - I just don't think I would do him any good in the state of mind I'm in. I'm still angry and depressed about the whole situation. I want to be there for his wife, but I just can't be there for him yet. It's Father's Day today - Cody had his accident on Mother's Day - but Cody's was a complete accident - it wasn't the result of illegal self destructive behavior. It's also Mike's birthday today - to top things off, so I'm trying to stay upbeat for him. But I must say, this incident has really whipped my spirit, so I'm struggling. But, your messages are immensely helpful - please know that.

Do any of you have one child that just seems to have taken a completely different path in life than your other children? I have a tendancy to over analyze why he does these things and look for flaws in my parenting when he was growing up. When my kids were little, my husband was gone most of the time and I did most of the raising by myself, so I tend to blame myself. My daughter said to me yesterday, "Mom, if you're going to take the blame for the things Joey does, then you have the take all the credit for the accomplishments the rest of your kids have had, and you can't have all of that, because we made those on our own." What do you all think of that - nature versus nurture? Both of my grandfathers were alcoholic, but Mike and I only had an ocassional drink, maybe 1 every other week or so when the kids were growing up. I just don't get it. Sorry to ramble, but I'm trying to make sense of this mess.

Farmgirl Sister #98

Edited by - mikesgirl on Jun 21 2009 09:13:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  10:33:58 AM  Show Profile
Sherri, do not beat yourself up. I am sure you are a good mother and have always been there for your kids. They are things that cannot be explained in term of behaviour. Drinking and taking drugs belong to somebody's own choices and responsibilities. It is a pattern that sometimes has a lot to do with who somebody sees, who are their friends and how much they influence can affect us. Sometimes people drink because they are not happy with themselves and they need a "way out".
Sherri, things happen that are not related to childhood at all.
Please have the best day you can and try to enjoy the little things.
Mother day and Father day are not fixed days, they change every year. Maybe there is not much to read into these coincidences of accidents.
I would like to give you a big hug and tell you to breathe deeply and just follow your heart.
Tomorrow is another day so say Happy birthday to Mike and maybe you can try a smile on. It will make you prettier and will have a positive effect on the day.
Hug,
Corinne

Sister # 101
'Heaven on Earth' is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  11:29:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Corinne - I really appreciate you. You have really been there for our family.
I am following your advice - putting a smile on for dh's birthday - he deserves it. I know that the Mothers Day/Father's Day thing is just a coincidence - just bad timing.
Mike just left to go pick up our travel trailer so we can take it to BBB, so I'm going to wrap his gifts and maybe work on some skirts for BBB. What will be will be I guess - I just hope I can be there for our daughter in law. Thanks for listening. It untangles the knots in my brain!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  07:36:23 AM  Show Profile
Wow, it seems like one thing after another! You are in my prayers!
Maybe this accident will help your son see the light and stop drinking or maybe the courts will demand he gets help. It may be a blessing in disguise. Don't blame yourself. I think what kids do under our roof is partly on our shoulders but once they move out it is all up to them. Often it is peer pressure and just not thinking about their future that leads them down the wrong path.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  08:16:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherri!

You bet! Your whole family is in my prayers.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  08:20:43 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm feeling a lot better today. Kevin is out of Harborview and going to be ok. Joey is also out of the hospital. I hope you're right Elizabeth - hurting his best friend may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic More prayer for my family please Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page