Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  05:41:06 AM  Show Profile
I had to call 911 for my dad on Sunday. He fell going into the bathroom. His sugar was up to 300 and then down to 20 before the ambulance arrived. They were out on another call so we went to the next town for an ambulance and they also were out on a call. Then we got the next town who was able to take him in and stablize him, they were comming back from a call about 20 miles away. I was so glad when they showed up. Dad was thinking he was going to have to go to a nursing home and he was so mad at me when I called 911. How scary for him to think that. He is doing so much better now I almost expect them to send him home. I want them to take the tumor off the bladder first. He had an UTI that went crazy..It was nice seeing him yesterday all smiles and thanked me for being so stubborn and making him go. 1st time in my 57 years of life I didn't listen to my dad.. Please keep him in your prayers!!

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  06:14:12 AM  Show Profile
You got it Diane. Good thoughts going his way. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  10:46:10 AM  Show Profile
Diane:
I will certainly keep your dad and you in my daily prayers. Be strong. Only goodness and strength to you. God Bless.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  12:12:45 PM  Show Profile
Will do Diane, It hard to see a strong Dad that sick. I know it was hard for me when my Dad was ill.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  12:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Thank-you for your prayers. My dad is home!! His birthday is on fathers day he will be 87 or more. I never remember how old but I never forget the date. He's tired just getting up to use the bathroom tires him out, He's just real glad to be home and I am also so glad to have him there. The hospital was closer for me but I'm just thank-ful he's home and I don't mind the extra 20 minutes I drive to see him. Nice country roads instead of the thruway..

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  1:53:39 PM  Show Profile
Diane, I can't believe I didn't notice this post before now! I am so sorry. It is good to know your Dad is home and feeling better. It will take some time for him to get his feet under him again, but he sounds like an amazing man, I bet he bounces back soon.

Hugs MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  07:54:36 AM  Show Profile
Diane, I'm so happy your daddy's back at home for his birthday and Father's Day!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My dad Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page