Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 My 'mater plants have 'maters on them!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic My 'mater plants have 'maters on them! Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  10:47:37 PM  Show Profile
We have a whopping 9 baby 'maters doing their best to grow and be big boys and girls. Today we bought 6 more plants that already had some little green ones on them. The nursery had a sale on them and we couldn't pass them up.

I'm just plain proud...

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  4:29:16 PM  Show Profile
How nice that is! You'll have ripe ones before too long I hope. I found some on mine, too. It's so exiting to see them when I didn't expect it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  7:51:00 PM  Show Profile
Lucky you! It sounds like you will have a bumper crop this summer. It has been raining so much here that I'm not sure what my tomato plants are doing.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  9:35:29 PM  Show Profile
We are harvesting so many cherry tomatoes and roma tomatoes. I eat the cherry tomatoes all day long. I give bags of them away to the neighbors. However, our okra is not producing much.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

pamcook
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Pam
Chapel Hill NC
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  05:57:36 AM  Show Profile
One of the varieties I planted is a "green zebra" - how will I know when it's ripe??? My plants are all over 6 ft tall now and covered with beautiful tomatoes. If the sun ever shines here again, I hope they'll start ripening. (I found little 1-2" cukes this morning, too!)

www.ikat.org
www.longaberger.com/pamcook
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic My 'mater plants have 'maters on them! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page