Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2006 :  9:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Anyone else read the Jean M Auel books? They are a favorite of mine. It always makes me want to retreat to the mountains and become self-sufficient!

rosebud74a
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Stacy
Maryland NY
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  07:27:34 AM  Show Profile  Send rosebud74a an AOL message
I read them all and couldn't wait for the last one to come out... I read most of them while I was in high school. My favorite parts where when she was living alone in the cave and depended upon her self for everything. I also like all the discussions about herbs and how they used everything part of the animal when they went oon hunts. Do you know if Auel has any plans for more books in the series? I would love to hear more about thier adventures. There is a movies but I think it was made in the 70's and I thought it was pretty bad. Peace,
Stacy

Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something
Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  7:21:54 PM  Show Profile
i think i read them all .. i know i read clan of the cave bear, valley of the horses .. and one more (can't think of the title right now) .. i read them many years ago! i very much enjoyed them except sometimes i thought they were a little tooooooo descriptive for my interests. i think i read where she went to a 'writer's seminar' and came home and researched and wrote her first book .. clan of the cave bear .. to which is say: WOW!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  9:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
There is Clan of The Cave Bear
The Valley of Horses
The Mamoth Hunters
The Plains of Passage
and
The Shelters of Stone

I wonder how acurate her uses of the plants are-

I always loved the VOH book too because she is so independent and resourceful in that book :)

I started reading them in 5th grade- I didn't understand why my teacher got to mad that I was reading them until I got to some of the more explicit scenes...lol...whoops! My mom kept trying to hide them- but I always found them. I couldn't put the series down!

They have been favorites ever since.
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Earth's Children- Jean M Auel Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page