Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Taking votes......what is the gender of this baby
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Taking votes......what is the gender of this baby Next Topic
Page: of 2

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  09:31:39 AM  Show Profile
Ok ladies.....so here's the deal. Friday I go for my ultra-sound and I will hopefully find out the gender of my baby. My husband and I have a bet going, and so I thought you'd find it fun to cast your vote!!!
Here are a few things to help you decide!
~I had very bad morning sickness
~I am carrying LOW and right out front
~Baby's heartbeat has not been below 150
~I was 27 when baby was conceived (for all you moon watchers)
~I crave fruits
~I want orange juice to drink every day

SO....what do YOU think???? Of course, check back on Friday and find out if you are right!!!!!

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  09:39:34 AM  Show Profile
I'm gonna say it is a girl! Just because I had awful morning sicknees with my daughter and I carried her low. I'll keep you and your sweet baby in my prayers! Tammy

http://afarmgirljourney.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sister #492

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  09:50:05 AM  Show Profile
OK, I am going to say....BOY!!! Just because I have two boys. I had evening sickness, carried straight out front (torpedo belly), and I know with the last one his heart rate was always about 150. Congratulations and good luck! Did you find out what you were having with your other kids?
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  10:33:14 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to say a girl as well. Everything is different except the morning sickness when I was expecting my boys. Good luck and best wishes with your new litle one. And please let us know what you are having.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  10:36:01 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to say girl, too. Having just had my little one (a girl), I craved fruit constantly (I ate a whole watermelon in one sitting!) and just about lived on red grapefruit!
I also carried low, right out front, but I can't identify with the m.s...I didn't have even one iota of nausea.

Let us know, and oh so much congratulations on "whoever" you have been given. It's such a gift!!!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  11:01:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everybody!
I found out what I was having with my 3rd but not with the first 2. We didn't have insurance so we did as little as we could get away with!
LOL Jonni....Watermelon has been my BIG thing this summer. Even if I have some at home in the fridge, if I walk into Wal-mart and see the watermelons I buy one just because it looks so great!!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  11:18:39 AM  Show Profile
That's so funny...me too! It was like I had to eat all the watemelon on the planet!!!

I was really amazed at my food preferences with pregnancy--for example, on my burger, I only like cheese and bacon, sometimes just cheese. No other condiments or anything else. So, the night we found out we were expecting Violet, we went to my inlaws for a grill out. Of course we hadn't told anyone because it was VERY early, but that night, I ate a burger with mayo, tomato, lettuce, onion, cheese and pickle. And I ate the whole thing!!! Later, after we'd told our families (and they realized when we'd found out right before the cookout) my fil said, "I wondered why you requested that burger deluxe because for 8 years it's only been cheese!"

Now I'm back to plain ole' cheese again. Wonder if I'll want watermelon this summer!!!??

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  11:45:20 AM  Show Profile
With all of your symptoms, I am going to guess a girl!! If nothing else but for the orange juice..lol
hehe I only have myself to go on, and my daughter's pregnancy was just like that.
I drank orange juice like crazy, had wicked morning sickness,of course, I was 24 when I conceived but that fell for a girl also. ;)
Never know what God has in store..lol..but I'm sticking with my girl guess. :D

Jonni-I wished I had craved watermelon..lol...All I wanted was McDonalds Big Macs and milkshakes.:) With my son it was Pepsi's and spicy foods. Looks like this go round is Chinese food and OJ. ;)

Misty--I can hardly wait til you find out--Its so exciting!! :D
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  12:00:23 PM  Show Profile
How funny, Jessie! I also ate a LOT of Italian food. The old waitresses at this local traditional Italian restaurant nearby got to know me REALLY well. Now they always ask for pictures of the baby! They do say that what you eat during your pregnancy will be the food the baby likes, too. Guess I'm in luck then, because we looove Italian around our house!

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  12:31:30 PM  Show Profile
Girl - because of the faster heartbeat.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  6:04:22 PM  Show Profile
I have 3 daughters and I had morning sickness bad thru all three pregnancies. Can't wait to hear your ultrasound results!
xoxo-Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  6:23:18 PM  Show Profile
Wow....looks like I better keep my girls clothes huh?!? So the next subject (if it is a girl) will be "what do we name the baby"!! LOL....we have a boys name but can't seem to agree on a girls name!
Right now we have Titus, William and Trinity; so we are trying to stay somewhat different!
Thanks for the votes. I can't wait till Friday, but I'll admit I keep having nightmares about not being able to tell the gender. For the record, I would be a bit frustrated!!!
Keep voting, just two more days!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  6:38:55 PM  Show Profile
I think it will be a boy and you should name him Tristan!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  6:55:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Jenny, Tristan and Isolde, one of my favorite stories! I'm guessing a boy, too! This is fun, Misty! I love your excitement and enthusiasm! Makes me miss being pregnant!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  7:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hmmm.. I'll say a girl and am excited to hear the results!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  12:25:45 AM  Show Profile
I am guessing a boy too. Well it is either that or a girl lol. But I am really thinking a boy. My "half-sis" (best friends sister, we call eachother half sisters, lol) is having a baby boy soon, and she is carrying low, and having the same "symptoms" as you have. I don't have any children, but my mom had 3 (2 boys) and she always told me she was carrying low AND in front with both of them too.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  09:41:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh my, I do love Titus for a boy...very cute. I'm so excited! Can't wait until tomorrow!!!

Let's see, girl names...Well, of course there is Violet ;), but some of our other favorites were Iris, Ella, June and Jessamine (one of the prettiest counties and our favorite destination in Kentucky). We also entertained the idea of May, but instead used it as a middle name, and spelled it the Welsh way, with an "e" instead of "y".

For a boy, we wanted Leo Aloysius, as Jus is a 4th generation Aloysius, and a Leo (star sign) :)

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Jun 18 2009 09:41:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  10:15:58 AM  Show Profile
Cool names Jonni. Titus is our oldest boy...my husband chose that out! William is named after William Wallace, the great Braveheart. Trinity is our girl and we had that chosen out from the beginning.
For a boy this time we have Gabriel chosen out. I like Eden for a girl but my husband likes Natalie. I keep telling him you can NOT name your last child Natalie when you have a Titus, William and Trinity. It's to common!! Anyway....we'll see what they tell us tomorrow then it will be easier to work through all the names!!!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  10:23:29 AM  Show Profile
Well, I definitley think you need a girl to even out the playing field :)

Eden is very pretty...I seem to like old names, or names that invoke nature of some sort. A good friend of mine while growing up was called Larkin, her sister, Siri and brother, Augustus.

Yeah, Natalie is much too mundane when you have a Titus and a Trinity!!! Plus, folks will call her "nat" and I hate that :)

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Jun 18 2009 10:26:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  1:42:17 PM  Show Profile
What about Natalia? A little less common and I like it. I knew a woman in Calif with that name..she was an awesome farm woman.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  4:09:52 PM  Show Profile
Natalia is very beautiful, Jenny. I wonder, though, if she'd spend her entire life correcting people who would call her Natalie? I've run into that so much with my name. People want to call me Sherry for some reason!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  4:17:48 PM  Show Profile
Could be...I have people call me Jeannie even though my name is clearly spelled JENNY. Especially when I was a waitress. haha.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2888 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2888 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  9:01:11 PM  Show Profile
That reminds me of the time when I took ballet( several pounds ago). The pianist was Russian & had a daughter that took classes there as well. Her name was Beatrice.. which I've always pronounced..Bee-uh-tris.. Well she would say.. Baaay-eh-trese.. & elongate the 1st syllable & it sounded glorious.
I always though I would like to name a daughter that if I could be sure that it would be pronounced Russian style.
But now that I am a farmgirl, I like the American pronunciation too!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  9:35:50 PM  Show Profile
I really wish I would have been able to name more of my own kids! I have 7 kids but the youngest 5 are adopted and came with their names..all good names that I wouldn't have changed even if I could, but I did have some names I would have liked to have been able to use!! Oh well. I get to name critters, right????

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  05:54:46 AM  Show Profile
Ha! That's funny, Lisa...my mom wanted to name me Be-AT-trice, the emphasis on the second syllable but my father would have none of it...I was going to be Jonni regardless, which, for the record, I wish they would have spelled like the boy spelling so people wouldn't argue that my name is really "Joannie".

I really have had people tell me that I'm mispronouncing my own name!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  07:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Jonni! I have been mentally mispronouncing your name too! Sorry! :D But now having switched it and knowing a little from what you have said about your dad and all I can see how that would totally fit you and how your dad would want that to be your name :D !

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Taking votes......what is the gender of this baby Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page