CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  07:40:03 AM  Show Profile
Geez, ya'll are crackin' me up!!! I would get tangled up in the pulley somehow! And Brian would bust a gut laughing at me as I dangled there upside down with all the blood running to my head!! Lawd, I can just picture it! But I must say that I am a good shot! I can skeet shoot with the best of them! Well, the best that we go skeet shooting with. And I love my little .22 single shot. It shoots so straight and is perfect for getting rid of those thieving cowbirds!

And I'd have been like you, Kris, if Brian had done something like that to me! Did he happen to call you "woman" when he dropped those lil' buggars on the table? Brian tried that once with catfish. I told him that he could cook and eat them all by himself if I gutted and skinned them because I wouldn't be able to stomach either if I had to do that job. And to be prepared to do it around midnight 'cause I'd take my own sweet time doing it. Well, he can't fry catfish or chicken to save his life and we had invited the friends fishing with us to eat with us, so that put him right back between a rock and a hard place! That macho male pride!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  07:51:25 AM  Show Profile
Cherry, you are tickling my funny bone.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  08:37:36 AM  Show Profile
You're one up on me, Cherry. I hate guns. They scare me too much. So good for you. I can't remember exactly what the man said that day, but he has gotten mad and said Woman and not in a good way. That just makes me madder!

Now that reminds me of the time we butchered an old domenecker hen. That's what they were called back then, domeneckers. We didn't know a thing about doing all this and someone had given us a bunch of hens when we first got married. We butchered that hen by ourselves. We were quite proud of ourselves, too. So proud we invited some friends over to eat it with us. So I cut it up and floured it and popped it in the good ole cast iron skillet and fried her up. I also had mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans that we had grown. We sat down to eat and took a bite and it was like biting into a piece of wood, that's how tough it was. I was so embarrassed. I have never fried another old hen again.

Jami, that's really not a bad price for them to come to your place. The only mobiles are up north like in N.H. and Conn. I'll keep looking because I figure there should be one near Atlanta now.

That is a good idea using the peppermint oil. Thanks. I will try that.

Kris

Edited by - kristin sherrill on May 29 2009 08:38:34 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Slaughter Day Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page