junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  09:14:27 AM  Show Profile
I feel so frustrated right now. I have a small laptop that I usually use that totally crapped out on me. For a few days, it's been acting freaky....the mouse would get hosed up, then the screen would go blue with warning messages. Then I would have to reboot. It would also freeze up. Yesterday, I tried to leave feedback on Etsy. After leaving the feedback, I would hit 'submit', then it wouldn't do anything. I tried a few times, no good. On their forum, I sent a post inquiring if there was a problem with their site and there wasn't. Today, I got back on and all of a sudden one of the icons had a message to check security. I clicked onto it, and it wouldn't open. Then I tried to click on an Explorer browser and it faded out. I couldn't open up a browser. Then suddenly something weird happened that I've never seen before. I got a message that Explorer has no 'feed'....???? Everything seems to be wiped out. Obviously, a virus killed my computer. A while back, when that virus (can't remember the name) was on the news, on top of the protection that I have, I bought another protection package for added security. I have another computer (which I'm typing on) as a backup....which, by the way, I just got back from Geek Squad because of another problem. When will it all end? I keep bringing in these pieces of **** to be fixed. When one dies out on me, and I get it fixed, the other dies. I really think that technology and computers in the long run are the root of all evil!!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  10:03:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You have to be careful running two virus protection programs at the same time. That often causes locking up and all sorts of malfunctions. The programs basically fight each other. When one scans the files the other thinks it's a virus and tries to shut it down which makes the other program thing the other is a virus and since they are already accessing your computer files the programs start trying to lock them down to "protect" them.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  10:15:27 AM  Show Profile
That's a good point, Alee. I never thought of that. When I bought the secondary package, I thought it would enhance the protection. Now that I remember, the second package advertised that it boosted protection of existing packages. I guess I'll have to bring this one in. *sigh*

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  7:41:17 PM  Show Profile
My daughters boyfriend who is a help desk computer tech says that you can google the error message and that will usually give you something to go on. Not knowing the actual wording of the message he can't google it for you but you can do it with the computer that is working. So whatever is says when it says it has no "feed" google that message.
Hope that helps

Farmgirl Sister #572

May the force of the Horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  6:18:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Beth. As aggrevating as having a computer is at times, one of the benefits is 'googling'. You can find out anything there. It's a great source. I'll have to try it.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I hate the computer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page