Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  8:40:28 PM  Show Profile
I have had a really bad couple of weeks and just need to get it down somewhere so I can start moving forward. On the 12th my husband got laid off because of "Economic Downturns". That friday early in the morning I got a phone call that my youngest daughter had rolled her car twice on the way to work and a stranger called me to tell me they were putting her into an ambulance. She lives north of Dallas where she lives with her sister and goes to college. I live south of Houston. For those of you that don't know Texas that is more than 200 miles. Luckily she was not seriously, seriously hurt but the car is totaled. She broke her cheek bone and her nose is going to take serious reconstructive surgery which starts on Tuesday. When I got her home to her bed I realized that her floor was wet and there was mold and mildew on the rug and carpet and all the clothes and shoes on the floor and in the closet. Two evenings later I went to the fridge and discovered that the fridge had gone out.
I do realize that I am sooooooo lucky she was not hurt worse and I am very very grateful for that but it is getting very hard to be positive.
I know that when one door closes another opens but I sure do hope that door opens soon. My husband was out of work for over a year four years ago and all our savings went then. We had one daughter graduate college last December and have two still in. We could use a break.
Ok now I have gotten it out there and I can start visualizing my farm and the new job and a totally recovered daughter.

Farmgirl sister 572

May the force of the Horse be with you.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  8:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Beth! What a bad couple of weeks for sure! I hope something wonderful happens for you soon! *hugs* And I hope your daughter is feeling better too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  8:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Goodness! I am so very sorry to hear this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

From a fellow sister in HOUSTON! Good to see another here!!!!!

~~~~
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  11:54:44 PM  Show Profile
Beth, that's terrible. I'm so sorry for the trouble you're family is having. Thank God your daughter wasn't hurt worse.
I'll pray for your family.

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  04:53:15 AM  Show Profile
Beth, I am thanking God for your daughter not being seriously injured. You sure have had it rough. I can sympathize with your husband being laid off. My husband was also laid off this past Feb. I were so scared of what might happen, we thought we will probably loose everything. So far, with my husbands unemployment check, and us running a very tight budget, we are getting along okay. We are not behind on any bills so far. I do hope my husband and yours, find work soon. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  05:07:07 AM  Show Profile
Some days when it rains it pours. I am so glad your daughter is safe and fixable. I will say a prayer for you and your family. Hugs

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  05:16:12 AM  Show Profile
Hugs for you all, and praying

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  05:54:35 AM  Show Profile
Beth, I am so sorry all these things are happenning right now. It does seem like there is no hope when bad things come in bunches, but there really is. It never stays bad for long. There will be another job and you will get your farm and your daughter will be fine and get on with her life. I have been through all these things, too. It's hard to see the light but it is there!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how your DDs surgery goes.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  06:19:45 AM  Show Profile
Beth
I am so sorry about all your troubles. Sounds like our house if we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any at all But seriously I am glad your daughter is ok. On practical side be sure and notify college of no income on your husbands end and hopefully they will cough up some for her next year.
My husbands work is shaky at best as well which is a big part of why we want our farm up and running somewhat, at least we can eat. I don't know where people get the idea we are out of this as I sure don't see it here anyway.
You are in my prayers.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  06:31:02 AM  Show Profile
Beth, honey, I sure wish I could give you a big ol' hug! My 17 yo was T-boned two weeks ago and I feel your heartache on that one. My hubs company is looking at having only two more months worth of work and that's uncertain. And one thing certainly can't break-down without taking along casualties with it!

The best thing is that this too shall pass. In the midst of it, it's sheer exhaustion. But brighter days are ahead once you and your family get through this! Your farmgirl spirit is just being tested; see if you have the mettle for it. And we all know you do, even in those moments when you doubt! We're all here for you, honey, whenever you need to "get it down somewhere"! The thing that helps me to get through situations like this is to live in the moment and focus on the little triumphs, the little blessings, the little funnies. They sure do add up to big things!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  08:33:25 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your kindness and prayers. I know that things will be ok but as you say Cherry it is sheer exhaustion while you are in the middle of it all. The fridge is replaced, the carpet is cleaned and the rug trashed and the room almost put back together. The insurance is cobraed, I have been offered a better job, in the same group, (it won't come close to his salary but we will eat) and my daughter has stopped the pain pills for now. She will have to start again on Tuesday after the surgery. So we are getting through for now. I tell myself that this is a way to force him into something that is going to be better. It helps knowing that all you are out there for us.
Brooke we are in Clear Lake near NASA. Are you close to there????

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  08:53:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Beth, I am soooo sorry to hear of your troubles. Just know there are so many of us who will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  11:38:28 AM  Show Profile
Beth, I will be praying for you and your family! (((((HUGS))))))

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  6:47:42 PM  Show Profile
Wow...Beth. I'm so sorry you have had such a tough time lately. You are in thoughts and prayers. Everything will get better.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  7:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Beth, My sister lives in League City..I live near the Galleria... My parents have some property (see "Butterfly Hill" thread in "A farm of her own" forum) in the Rosharon area they are working on ... I am hoping to relocate down somewhere near on some sort of property (lol) in the near future....

I am so glad your daughter was okay over all ... but sometimes life throws us those things...and what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger! Silly saying but true...... *HUGS*

~~~~
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic When is enough enough???? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page